Chapter 2

Still loving

 

A/N: I made some changes but not really much. It's fine if you don't read.


"Serin, earth to Serin," Ji-eun waved her hand in front of her best friend who had been scowling since morning.

"What?” Serin barked making Ji-eun flinched a little. Serin mumbled ‘a sorry’ seeing her best friend reaction.

"You know, Serin," Ji-eun called out, "You have been acting a little weird since morning," she pointed out.

"Nothing's wrong with me," Serin stuttered.

Ji-eun eyed her best friend doubtfully, "Oho! You can't lie to me," she crossed her arms demandingly. Serin sighed thinking there's no point arguing with her.

"It's just…. I met someone whom I least wanted to meet," Serin responded and she thought about her encounter with that someone.

 

 

Serin was having her usual morning walk when someone shouted her name. Oh! How she really hated that voice after what he did to her best friend!

"Serin," He called out, jogging towards her.

Serin turned to face the boy, and looked at him with a deadly glare. The boy knew this was what he deserved.

"Now I know why you broke up with Ji-eun. You are going to be a celebrity. No, you are already a celebrity. Girls more beautiful than her will surround you. They will shout your name. They will yearn for you. You are so selfish, do you know that? Shall I tell you how much she cried every night, how many nightmares she has? All because of you!” she growled.

The boy stood still in an emotionless composure.

"I'll make sure she never listen to any of your songs or watch your videos," she added.

"It's ok for me. One person wouldn't even make a difference," he replied nonchalantly making Serin angrier.

"Remember this, Jeon Jungkook, I'll remove your existence from her heart," she spat out before going away from him not knowing the effects her words had on him.

 

 

Ji-eun look at her best friend worriedly, who was frowning every millisecond. "Yah, Serin, your frown is really creeping me out," she hit her best friend’s shoulder making the latter come out of her world.

"Is your training not going well?” she asked looking at Serin worriedly. Serin frowned a little but soon a smile adorned her pretty face.

"Wanna see me practice today?" she beamed happily.

"But-" Ji-eun hesitated a bit. No way is she going to her father's company. What if people finds out? She shuddered at the thought.

"Please~" Serin whined, doing an aegyo.

If Ji-eun's tear is Serin's weakness then, Serin's aegyo is Ji-eun's weakness.

"Fine," she huffed and the next thing they were in front of SM building.

Ji-eun looked at her best friend pleadingly. “What if-”

Serin smiled. "Come on, it'll be fine. I have already texted your father. In fact, he'll be more than happy to see his daughter visiting him," and she dragged Ji-eun to God knows where, much to her hesitation.

Both of them stood in front of a room which has a door tag saying 'EXO Practice room'.

“Seriously?” Ji-eun beamed.

Serin nodded with a grin and opened the door. Ji-eun nearly had a mini heart attack. They are more handsome in real life. She mentally squealed.

The EXO boys were training when the door clicked open. They turned to look who has disturbed their practice.

"Oh Serin, is she a new trainee?” Chanyeol asked.

Ji-eun lowered her head shyly and felt proud for Serin. EXO knows Serin! But well, SM’s a family so not surprising.

"No, she's not a trainee. She's my best friend," she proudly introduced.

“Well, I’m surprised that she could enter,” Kai mumbled.

“She’s a fan of yours, so I just sneak her in. Don’t tell anyone.” She winked at them and left the room with Ji-eun.

Ji-eun chuckled. “I can’t believe you just said that and you just winked at EXO!”

“Well, I’m fabulous, that’s why.” Serin flipped her hair and Ji-eun pretended to throw up. Serin ignored her and continued, “Let’s go to the trainees practice room. It’ll be more fun.”

And soon they were inside a room which looked less grand than the EXO practice room but quite lively. Ji-eun was suddenly surrounded by cute, pretty girls.

"Say, what's your name, unnie?” a girl Ji-eun thought to be so cute and who later introduced as Lami asked.

"Ji-eun,” she replied awkwardly. Having a couple of dozen eyes stared at her, she felt really uncomfortable.

"So Ji-eun………..”

Her days ended with the numerous questions bombarded by them and she had a hard time answering them. The trainees were so much fun to be with. And then Serin sneaked her into other artistes training room. Well, only Red Velvet and NCT. She might not be a huge fan of kpop but still she knows her father's company artistes. Not individually but as groups. She has the worst memory when it comes to recognizing faces.

Ji-eun strode happily down the lane oblivious of Jungkook following her. His face had a mix expression of love, regret and sadness. He watched Ji-eun opening the door of her house, going inside the house and switching on the lights of her room.

"I’m sorry, Ji-eun ah," he muttered, taking one last glance at the now bright room and walking away.

"I had the best day today," Ji-eun exclaimed plopping into her bed and slowly going to her dreamland.

And she managed to sleep without thinking about Jungkook for the first time after their break-up.

 

Sorry for the late update.

I had a surprise exam to take care of.

Forgive me.

Anyway, how's the chapter?

Please comment and subscribe.

Don't be a silent reader.