The proposal

Our Greatest Moment

Ssangmundong 2009 - 12:00 PM

“Aigoo, I still remember how we have to wake her up everyday, so she would not be late at school. But now, look at her. She will leave me and go to college like this.” A women cry as she talk.

“Aigoo this woman stop it, it not like she never comeback again.” An old men continues. “ Sung Bin ah, when you go to Seoul do not learn their bad habit okay? Or else I will go up there and get you back here.” 

“ Yes, I know dad. Out of everybody I know you will do exactly like what you say.” I say and smile at them.

“Stop talking like that to her. You know our daughter, she is not like that.” My mom still sobbing 

“It okay mom, I like it this way better, It is not him if he doesn't say thing like that.” I hold my parents hand and continues. “ I will call you guy when I arrived to the dorm okay, I love you guy.”

 

As I turned around I saw oppa, the person that always there when I get in trouble and I remember how I always stay hiding behind him when someone is yelling at me or when “him” try to tease me.

 

“Oppa” I say.

“Oh Bin ah, oppa is late again right?” He say and look at me 

“I’m not leaving yet, so you are not late oppa.” I smile.

“Really, I always late.” He smile in sorrow and continue. “ Listen Sung Bin.”

“Yes?” I nervously answer.

 

“ I like you not as a friend or brother, but as a man and woman.”

 

In that moment, I just quietly look at him. He just smile and say sorry for being late, then he again just faded into the memory. 

 

Back to 2016-6:00 PM

“Miss, please wake up, the train has arrived.” An old man say.

I stare blankly into the windows and realize I had dreamed again. The dream that telling me to stop finding and lingering into the past.

I walk down from the train and look around again. Everything stay the same, it just that people are the one who changing. 

“Don’t even think about it, Lee Suhyun.” I say without turning around.

“You are no fun.” Suhyun show up in front of me.

“Really? Have everybody back yet?” I ask.

“ Yes, only you left.” Suhyun say and put her hand over my shoulder.

We both smile and entering Ssangmundong, our home.

 

“ Mom, dad I’m home.” I yell.

“Agioo, you never grow up, don't you, stop yelling like that.” A hand smack me from behind.

“Appa, it hurt.” I sobbing in pain

“You home honey.” My mom run out with a bowl in her hand

It a routine in my house, the emotion could change from anger to happy. It my childhood, my memory, but for sure we love each other.

“ Your back.” A girl walk in with heavy step.

“Yes and you look big, Yoojung ah ” I answer awkwardly.

“You , I’m not.” Yoojung answer.

“Stop cursing and stop seeing each other if you guy keep cursing and create trouble.” A tall guy walk in later.

“Shut up Sung Joon.” I say.

“How long you staying?” My brother ask while hugging me

“Until the wedding end.” I answer.

“ A lot of fun stuff to watch then.” He say and walk away.

 

I think so too, I take my stuff and walk inside my room to change and walk down again.

“I’m hungry, omma.” I say while yawning. 

“You haven't eat.” Suhyun ask.

I just shake my head and ask. “ How did he propose you?”

“Well, it kind of strange and the first word is will you be the mother of my kid?”. Suhyun continues. “Then I was like, you have kids already, I was so shock because we been dating since high school.”

We all crack up and then Suhyun continues. “ He was like no, I mean my kids and you kids, so I just ask him if he was proposing me and he say yes.” 

We laugh even harder, then suddenly Yoojung say. “ Well, that better than me. Do you know what is my lovely husband say when he propose me?

We shake our head, and Yoojung say. “ Let’s marry before my body ran out of .”

Me and Suhyun just look at each other and laughs louder.

“I don’t even know what he thinking when he say that” Yoojung said.

“Ya, it been a long time seeing our Ssangmundong’s girl in the same room like this.” A guy say

“Kyungsoo ah” I smile and ran to him. “ It been so long since last time I seeing you”

He smile and nod.

“That it, when you saw me.” I jokingly said.

They all laughing and we start to sit down and talking again.

“Bin ah, can you help me give the towel to your brother?” My mom say from the kitchen. “ I forget to give it to him when I’m up stair.”

“Yes mom.” I answer and go up stair.

 

My house has two bedroom one in first floor and one in second floor, since my brother room in second floor he always shower in second floor.

As I knock on the door, and tell him I have the towel, but no one answer. 

“Yah Sung Joon hurry up and come out take your towel.” I scream in anger.

As the door open without thinking, I throw the towel in his face and turn around. But strangely he grab my hand, well as I know that my brother so my plan was to kick him then run but I stop as I see him.

 

“What do you think you doing?” That person say.

I was just standing still and look at him. How can I not recognize this voice ? 

“Yah”. He continues.

“Oh Sehun.” I murmur

“Yes, it me, now move.” Sehun say and walk pass me.

He backs, the devil, has comeback. The doorbell wake me up from dreaming.  But Am I dreaming?

“It Jongki.” I hear my dad say and everybody start to screaming. A man in uniform walk in the house.

 

At this moment, Sehun stop walking and same as my heart, it has stop beating. We both understand this is how the story beginning, but also how I ended the story.