First Love

Our Greatest Moment

Ssangmundong - 2017 

Author’s POV

“Yeolbo, can you bring the tong out?” 

“Yes, wait a second.” 

“Suhyun ah stop screaming, I hear that you pregnant and it not very healthy for you to keep on yelling like that.” Yoojung say as she look at her friend with concern.

“I know, I know, you are even more talkative than my mom.” Suhyun look at her best friend.

“I will get the door.” Kyungsoo yell from the house.

“It should be Sung Bin and Sehun.” Suhyun say knowing from the noise outside of her house and continues. “They are never getting tired from all of the arguing.”

Yoojung just shake her head and look at her husband. “ Oppa, we better than that, don't we?”

“Yeah in a way, you are the one who start it and I was just listen without saying anything back.” Sung Joon say and look at his wife

“What did you just say?” Yoojung look at her husband.

“.” The boy just sit still and look at his wife

“Oppa that was stupid and you guy are exactly the same as the kiddo couple.” Suhyun pat the older guy in the back  and say. “Look, here they are.”

“We are not kids and this is not arguing, we are just trying to defense our reason.” Sung Bin say as she walk to her brother and continues. “But I agree with Suhyun the thing you just say to Yoojung was pretty stupid.”

“That is not true, Joon Hyung was right, you girls always start it first and we just sit quiet and listen.” Sehun answer and earn a high five from Sung Joon.

“Only you guy think like that, if Jongki oppa is here, I’m sure he agree with us.” Yoojung sent a death glare to her husband and continues as she see Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo ah, if a couple are arguing or fighting, is it always a girl fault?” 

Everyone now is looking at Kyungsoo as he the superstar. “ Girls tend to think too much and say stuff that making no sense to us guy.” As he finish his sentence, he earns a approve nod from the guy, but at the same time he earns the we-are-so-done -with-all- of- you look from the girls

He a little giggle as he see that and continues. “But as a guy as we are, it is our fault for making them worry which lead to different opinion then cause the arguing to happen. So we should have calm down and say sorry to them.”

“Daebak, can I share this treasure with you, Leesu?” Sung Bin say.

“No, I will have him Monday, Wednesday then Friday, and you can have the rest.” Yoojung look at Sung Bin then answer

“How about me? I’m his wife and no to both of you, he is mine.” Suhyun say

“What the heck, bro? That is not how it should be.” Sehun say and turn to his wife. “And you”. Point to his wife who still look at Kyungsoo . “You are my wife, stop it.” 

Which earn a laugh from everyone and then Sung Joon say. “ Wait, except me and my wife, you guy are each other first love. This is daebak” 

Everybody still smiling until one person say. “No, he is not my first love.” 

“What? Why are you all stare at me like that?” Suhyun say.

“Then who is your first love?” Sung Bin ask as she look at Kyungsoo who is still death quiet.

“Jongki oppa.” Suhyun say again which make everyone shock again

“What? I mean look at him, he was super popular back than, after I know he likes you I stop.” Suhyun say as she take the meat from her husband plate.

“Wait, you know he likes me.” Sung Bin ask in disbelieve.

“Well yeah and I thought you know that why I didn't say anything and then bam I figure out that you didn't know either.” Suhyun took another meat from Sung Bin plate which earn a glare from the owner.

“Wae?!” Suhyun whine.

“I agree with you two decision.” Kyungsoo say as he looks at Sung Bin and Yoojung

“Alright Kyungsoo calm down.” Yoojung say and about to burst out laughing.

“Aigoo yeolbo, but I’m marry to you now so who is my first love doesn't matter.” Suhyun say as she make her way to her husband.

“But still.” Kyungsoo say

“He looks like a puppy who lost direction right now.” Sung Joon look at his wife and say.

“Yeolbo, you are my first in everything, just not my first love. Is it not enough?” Suhyun say as she look at her husband.

“Ok that a little too much of personal story right there.” Sehun say as he take a deep breath without cracking up. Again he earn a death glare from Suhyun.

“But how do you guy dating each other?” Yoojung ask

“I got him a 50 lbs of cabbage with just 3 dollar and 50 cent.” Suhyun proudly say

“50 lbs?! That a lot, what do you buy it for?” Sehun say

“Ya you never eat kimchi before.” Suhyun says

“Jeez, I was just asking.” Sehun takes a sit next to his wife and say. “They are mean to me.” 

“Aigoo they are!? My poor baby.” Sung Bin pat Sehun head

 

“Do you still want to hear it?” Suhyun ask which everybody nod as they really curious to know how their friend date each other.

 

Flash Back 11 years ago 

“Ajjuma, can I have 5lbs of pork?” .Suhyun smile to the lady and say

“Suhyunie, you are early today.” The owner say while putting the meat into the bag for her.

“Nae, my mom keeps on bugging me since yesterday night because the restaurant is out of supplies, so I have to went this early to get it for her.” Suhyun smile as she reach out and take the bag of meat from the owner.

“Aigoo such a good daughter that your mom have, I give you extra since you are my first customer, be good ok?” The owner take the money and say.

“Nae ajjuma.” Suhyun smile and say goodbye to the lady.

“I have pork and beef, now there only vegetable left.” The girl mumble to herself as she almost finish with the list that her mom give to her.

 

“ 10 dollar?! Ain’t that a little bit too much sir?” A boy scratching the back of his head as he telling the vegetable owner.

“ You are new here, ain’t you? 10 dollar for 50lbs of cabbage is consider to be cheap around here.” The owner say as he knows he can convince the boy to buy it.

The young boy standing still and take out the money in his pocket, he hesitates a little while until a hand reach to his hand and interconnect it. As he looks over with shock in his face, the girl already say. “Kyungsoo ah, you should have wait for this morning.”

“You know her?” The owner ask

“Of course, he knows me. Right, honey?” Suhyun say in full aegyo and look at Kyungsoo who is still in disbelieve of what just happen

“Your boyfriend?” The owner ask again 

Suhyun nod and look at the owner. “Ajjushi, 10 dollar for 50lbs of cabbage, do you think it fair?”

“Of course, why should I trick a little kids?” The owner agreed back

“Ayeee, don't be like that, my mom bought the same thing yesterday and it only for 2 dollar.” Suhyun pouting and look at the owner

“Your mom are different, she gives me free food everyday.” The owner turn around ignoring Suhyun.

“I guess this is lead to no where, and Yongsik will no allow to have free pancake anymore.” Suhyun say as she pretends to drag Kyungsoo away

“This little girl, my kid has noting to do with this.” The owner with arm cross his chest say to Suhyun

“Our Kyungsoo is my mom’s son in law, and he does has something to do with this. Your son always have free pancake when he comes to my mom restaurant, but our Kyungsoo is my boyfriend which also my mom son in law.” Suhyun say as she looks at the owner straight in the eyes which cause all the other neighbor owner laughing.

“Just give it to the poor boy, you are so old to play this trick on a kid.” One of the ajjuma say which make everybody laugh again.

 

While everyone is laughing and focus on the vegetable’s owner, Kyungsoo, himself standing still and look at the girl next to him. His heart beat faster and faster, as he looks at her mischievous eyes, how she arguing with the old man but still has some aegyo tone in her voice which no one can hate it. He finds himself become blushing more and more as he looks at their hand which is still holding on to each other. 

“I’m fallen.” He mumble as the girl next to him look at him and quickly let’s go of her hand as she figures out she was still holding the new boy that just moved to her class.

 

2 Days Later 

“I’m leaving for school, bye mom.” Suhyun yell as she walk out of the house and stop as she sees a familiar figure in front of her house.

“Are you lost?” Suhyun ask as she walks next to him

The boy shakes his head and say. “ I’m waiting for you ….” Then he look into her eyes. “… Since you say that I should have wait for you in the morning.”

The girl is speechless as she listens to the word that coming out the boy stand in front of her.

“But … but I was just … Wait, wait for me.” Suhyun try to explain herself but the boy is already took the lunch bag from her hand and leave.

“Have you finish your homework?” Kyungsoo ask as he still walking leaving Suhyun behind

“Not yet, I don’t understand some of the problem.” Suhyun say as she try to closer the distance between them, then suddenly the Kyungsoo stop.

He slowly turn around and say. “From now on, ask me if you need any help with the homework, don’t ask anybody else, just me, is that ok?”

Suhyun just nod and until she sees the blush from his face. “Kyungsoo ah, do you have a fever? Why you so red?”

Kyungsoo just quietly shake his head and take her hand. “Let’s go or we will be late.”

Their youth begin as they found themselves a friend, not yet lover but also not stranger, they just simply find themselves among others and knowing that the first step of their life has begin.

 

End Flash Back

 

“That is so dramatic.” Sehun say as he place his head in his wife laps which earn a approve look from other

“How come? Mine story is much better than you two and Sung Joon oppa's story.” Suhyun say

“Actually, among all of us, Jongki hyung’s story is the best, he meets my sunbae as they Urik, when he was the leader of Alpha team and she was volunteer for the hospital. Some major political issue right there” Sehun say

“Oh well, it was all dramatic.” Yoojung say

“Suhyun aunty, Suhyun aunty.” A little boy run to Suhyun

“Aigoo, our Junhoe is here.” Suhyun hug the little boy.

“Great, my kid likes my best friend better than me.” Yoojung say as she cross her arm

“When will the baby come out?” Junhoe say as he look at Suhyun belly 

“Uhm… uhm may be 5 more mouth.” Suhyun say as she patting the kid head

“Can I marry her as she grow up?” Junhoe ask innocently.

“May I ask why?” Suhyun ask and look at her friend 

“Because she will be as pretty as you if she grows up so I want to marry her.” Junhoe say which makes everybody laugh

“He has good taste and stop laughing you people.” Suhyun say and turn to Junhoe. “But what happen if your younger brother, Jongdae, also like her?” As she finishes asking everybody start to judging her

“Yah why would you ask something like that?” Sehun say 

“Yeah, do you want your daughter to be depressing like me back then?” Sung Bin ask as she faking hitting Suhyun

“I was just asking, jeez people.” Suhyun answer and look at her friend

“If it like that then we both will fight for her and then whoever she picks we just gonna follow it. But right now he just a little baby, I’m sure I will win” Junhoe answer

“He’s the man, but my daughter is also a baby compare to you, the differences is 5 years old honey.” Suhyun say and laugh as everybody start to laugh at the boy answer.

"He might be in the disadvantage compare to his younger brother than cause basically our maknae and you daughter will be in the same class." Sung Joon say as he earn another disapprove from other adults. "I'm just saying people, and we are not even sure if they like each other like how we do in the past. So don't be mean to me." He finish his sentence and glare at everybody

“Also I forgot I make a new friend today and he just moved here, his name is Chanwoo and he is down there playing with my nuna right now.” Junhoe say

“No,no, I do not allow this, my daughter can not hanging out with boy yet.”Sung Joon say as he run down to the street and pick up his daughter and again make everybody laugh

The night went on and the story of their youth never stop, they laugh together, cry together and grow up together.