Six.

My Angel(s)

“Hum... excuse me? Are you Seungcheol?”

“Yes, why? Who are you? Why are you answering Jeonghan's phone?”

“I'm Soonyoung, his colleague and friend. We are in town right now and... Jeonghan is drunk. He can't stop calling your name so I call you.”

“Send me the address, I'm going to pick him up.”

“Thank you,” Soonyoung sighed.

 

Not even ten minutes later, Seungcheol entered the bar. He didn't even greet the barmen and went directly to find his drunken boyfriend and his desperate friend.

 

“Thanks God you came,” Soonyoung sighed and bowed his head.

“How many glasses has he drunk?”

“I-I don't really no, I didn't pay attention to that but now... he is completely wasted and the only person he talks about is you. He doesn't even listen to me or anything.”

 

Indeed, Jeonghan, who was lying on the bench seat, laughed hysterically and clapped in his hands. They had been together for a bit more than six months now and Seungcheol had never seen his boyfriend in a such hopeless state. He helped him to stand straight at least, he payed for all the drinks he had and then they left.

 

He is sooooo handsome!” Jihoon laughed and blushed, “even more handsome than Ji-

Don't talk about him,” Jiji who was sober told him told him.

 

Since Jihoon's state was as bad as Jeonghan, Jiji was helping him to walk or to teleport because he couldn't even do that. He wasn't walking straight and every thoughts he had weren't coherent at all. Jiji had to take care of him to prevent him to do a mistake and that's why she couldn't take care of Jeonghan anymore: angels were working by pairs and without the other, they couldn't really do anything.

Seungcheol drove them to his own place and once they reached the flat, Jeonghan collapsed on the ground. Seungcheol managed to catch him before his head hit the floor and then he put him on the sofa. Jeonghan was still laughing and was speaking nonsense to the point that Seungcheol wasn't even trying to speak to him.

 

What happened to him, huh?” a low and tired voice echoed into the room.

 

Jiji turned around, holding on Jihoon, to see Wonwoo and Mingyu next to their own protégé.

 

Oh! Grumpy!” the drunk Jihoon laughed hysterically, pointing at Wonwoo, “you're so handsome too!

Yah, Jihoon, calm down.

And Mingyu is so cute! He looks like a puppy! Seungcheol looks like a puppy too!

Jihoon,” Jiji muttered between her teeth, shaking him.

 

He laughed even more.

 

Why did he drink so much?” Mingyu asked, concerned.

We... we saw Jeonghan's ex boyfriend earlier in the day, with his new boyfriend,” the girl sighed, “I tried to ignore the bothering feelings such as jealousy or hatred and it kind of worked for me, but it was too much for Jihoon. As you can see, it was too much for him to handle.

Oh... sorry.

 

On the sofa, Jeonghan was giggling and speaking about Jisoo, his ex.

 

Make him stop, please, I don't feel well right now,” Mingyu said Jiji, tears coming to his eyes.

I... I can't, without Jihoon I can't.

She's nothing without me!” Jihoon sing-sang and patted his friend's shoulder, “and Jeonghan is nothing without me too!

I'm sorry,” Jiji wrinkled her nose, “I... I'm overwhelmed right now and I don't really know what to do and I can't take care of Jihoon and Jeonghan at the same time and-

Jiji,” Wonwoo cut her and did one step forward, “we're going to take care of you, alright? Don't worry.

 

She bit her lower lip and nodded, accepting some help even if it was a shame for her.

 

What does Jeonghan need right now?” Grumpy asked, being exceptionally nice.

A glass of water,” she answered, pulling Jihoon back against her since he was trying to run away from her embrace.

“Stay here, alright?” Mingyu spoke as the same time as Seungcheol, “don't do anything weird.”

 

Seungcheol left the sofa and ran to the sink to fill a glass with water to give it to his boyfriend. Jeonghan gladly accepted it, even though he didn't really know what was going on, and he emptied it in one swallow as if it was alcohol. Jiji made sure he wasn't spilling the water over himself or Seungcheol.

 

Hey, Jihoon, look at me,” Jiji cupped the angel's face and forced him to look straight at her, “I'm going to let go of you for a couple of seconds, alright? Just to help Jeonghan a bit, and you're going to stay here and be nice. Don't try to do something weird, OK?

Jiji you're mean with me,” he whined and pouted like a child, “you're meanie!

 

She rolled her eyes, let him go and quickly went by Jeonghan's side. She used the only bit of strength she had to help him to sat on the sofa and ignored the blurry vision or the nauseous feeling which took over her, Jihoon but mainly Jeonghan.

 

What I am going to say is disgusting,” Jiji sighed, “but don't puke, okay? Otherwise I won't be able to look at Seungcheol in the eyes ever.

 

She was about to stand up because Seungcheol wanted to take Jeonghan to his bedroom for him to sleep, when she suddenly felt a burning sensation on her face. At first it was only itchy, but it became more and more painful over a couple of seconds. Mingyu yelled behind, so she turned around to see Jihoon kissing Wonwoo, the poor angel trying to push him away. Jiji grabbed her mate by the shoulder and threw him on the floor, which made Jeonghan fell off of the sofa.

 

You know we can't touch each other!” She shouted at him and kicked him in the leg, oblivious that Jeonghan was also feeling the sharp and sudden pain, “what are you doing, Jihoon?! It hurts like hell!” she over-exaggerated a bit, but she wanted to make him react despite his intoxicated state. Which didn't work since Jihoon only laughed even louder.

 

It was one of the numerous rules angels had: they couldn't had any physical contacts with someone's angels. It was forbidden. Jiji didn't actually know why that was it, but when they were touching another angel which wasn't their mate it was painful for them but also for their humans. Yet, the other consequences were still unknown to the girl.

 

Seungcheol somehow managed to take Jeonghan to his room. He lay the young man on his bed and Jiji put (threw) Jihoon next to him. Both boys lay on the bed, Jihoon automatically curling against his human.

 

“I'm tired...” Jeonghan mumbled, half laughing half yawning.

“Sleep, baby,” Seungcheol told him, holding his hand into his.

“I don't want to... I want to stay with you...”

“I'll be there when you wake up, don't worry.”

We're going to stay here too,” Mingyu told Jiji, “you can rest too.

Are you sure?

 

He smiled to reassure her and even told her to sit in the armchair which was next to the bed, promising her Seungcheol wasn't going to sit on her or anything.

 

“Jisoo left me...” Jeonghan mumbled, struggling hard not to fall asleep, “he left me after four years... he even cheated on me before he left me...”

What an ...” Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

Jisoo was perfect,” Jiji answered, waiting for Jeonghan to repeat her words out loud, “he was a real gentleman and even though he was rich he was modest and never really cared about me being poor.

“Do... do you perhaps still love him?” Seungcheol asked with a shivering voice, surely expecting the answer.

 

Jiji's mind she shared with Jihoon and Jeonghan was suddenly full of thoughts which weren't making any senses, but yet, one answer was pretty obvious according to her.

 

Jiji... please... don't,” Mingyu's smile faded, “we don't want to know.

Yet you asked the question,” she answered and sighed.

“No, I-I don't love him anymore,” Jeonghan sobbed, “but he was my first love. I loved him so much.”

Then why did it hurt you so much to see him with his new boyfriend?” Wonwoo frowned.

“He hurt me!” Jeonghan started to cry even louder, tears falling on his red cheeks, “He hurt me so much I can't forget and forgive him!”

 

Seungcheol remained silent for a while, and so did both of his angels. Jiji tried hard not to cry but she somehow found herself hugging Jihoon who was crying as much as Jeonghan.

 

I'm so sorry,” he kept on repeating, “so so sorry...

“I'm so sorry, Seungcheol,” Jeonghan cried too, “I love you so much but I can't forget him...”

“Are you sure?” Seungcheol snorted, “Are you sure you have ever loved me?”

“I did, and I still love you!”

I'm sorry,” Jiji let a single tear running down her cheek as she hugged Jihoon even more, “I'm sorry we couldn't forget.”*

 


One chapter and the epilogue left 

Please forgive me for all the mistakes I've done in this chapter (and all the other chapters too)

Hope you liked it :)