1-1 (Sunggyu's POV)

Perfect Future

Here we go again.

Stepping out of the car, I stand in front of another school. This time, I feel like it’s richer? If that makes sense - which is, by the way, really odd considering that mama said it was the cheapest one so far. 

Anyway, seeing how huge the school seems, I’m glad that I can assume I’d find some place to hide alone - I saw how my parents reacted to this miracle of a school and, assuming that my dad’s hope to have a permanent office has come true, I might as well get used to everything.

I would try to make friends but honestly? I basically survived without having any in my old schools, I think I’ll survive here too.

"Want me to drop you off at the office?" Mama asked me through an open car window.

"It's fine..."

"Okay then, good luck!"

She proceeded to drive away from the entrance, and I went on my way, remembering the directions to the administration office. Once I arrived, I was given my schedule, a locker key and some simple directions on where the main buildings were.

“Would you mind waiting for a bit? We usually have a school buddy system for new students, but it seems the one assigned to you is running a bit late.” The secretary in front of me gives what seems to be an apologetic smile, to which I return out of politeness.

“No worries,” I say with the smile. I then sit down on one of the seats she gestured to, opening my phone to look for a distraction.

After what seemed like twenty minutes of me scanning through what pictures I could delete to free up some space on my phone - stretching every once in a while of course, I don’t want a strained neck on the first day - I took a look around the office.

The people that walked in with me or arrived a little bit later were already gone; in fact, it seemed like all the students were gone. I took a look at my phone and saw the time, I only had five minutes left ‘till homeroom starts, the ?

"I'm sorry, I’m not sure why your partner hasn’t arrived yet but I don't want you to be late on your first day. Just come back here later for a tour, okay?" The same lady advised, probably after noticing my confusion. I bowed and left the office quite awkwardly, following the directions given earlier to my assigned classroom.

Luckily, I made it in right when the classroom adviser was approaching the front desk.

"Perfect timing! Everyone, Sunggyu is the remaining student, so that makes him, Jisoo, and Jinri the last batch of new students in the class. Sunggyu, would you like to introduce yourself? " 

Oh, my ever increasing urge to say no stays high up. Sadly, so is my hope to not make myself stand out.

I walked slowly to the teacher, facing the class when I knew going any closer would just be awkward. To be honest, I didn’t expect that many eyes patiently looking at me. Last time I was in this situation, I could at least take comfort at knowing that half of them didn’t bother.

“Hello everyone,” an itch in my throat stops me. “My name’s Kim Sunggyu… I like studying, mainly languages I guess,” muttering the last two words, I waited for the teacher to point at the chair left at the near back.

“Alright Sunggyu, do you have anything else you want to share? Future job? Dream university?”

You know, usually people would hear that I like studying and think I’m boring and move on. Is that so hard to follow?

Anyway.

“Not sure yet… I guess something to do with languages?”

“Ah! Linguistics!”

“Yeah…”

That's too much work, but let's stick with that.

I immediately walked towards the empty seat the moment I saw the adviser gesturing at it. The advisory period moved faster than I expected - unless it was just the product of nothing standing out the whole time. Hm.

“Well then, before I leave, I’ll introduce myself again - I am Ms. Jenny Choo, I’ll be your temporary adviser until the shuffling. That of which, I’d like to remind you all, is starting very soon.” She then walks towards the door and leaves a few words before her exit.

“Good luck, you will all definitely need it.”

Is no one going to react to that here?

In a minute or less, the door opens again and another teacher walks in. Seeing how she immediately went to the side to set up her laptop to the projector, I can relax without the need to introduce myself again.

She says things that I had no idea about while waiting for her presentation to pop up, so I just didn’t pay attention ‘till the lecture started. The moment the first slide appeared, I made sure to have a pen and notebook ready.

While writing the objectives however, a little folded piece of paper lands on the edge of the table. I open the paper slowly, raising my head to see who it was from. Seeing how no one was facing me, I guess I wouldn’t find out right now.

‘hi! heads up, you don’t need to take notes - she just posts everything later in the portal :DD’

Hm… Nice.

 

----------

 

It was the end of the first period and everyone started making a ruckus the moment the teacher left, which is a very bad strategy in my opinion. It’s as if you could throw a chair at the door and no one would be worried. Not like I’ve never seen it happen, just thought it would be a bit different in here. Eh.

I simply did whatever I could to look busy - seeing how I had to give my phone away earlier, the distraction became attempting to draw something decent at the corner of my notebook. Though, I’m not a kid blessed with the talent or passion to pursue arts, so it’s not really shocking that what could’ve been a dog ends up looking like some abstract mythical creature.

“Hi!” I heard someone say. Though I was going to ignore it, seeing how the voice came with a tap on my shoulder, I’m assuming the greeting was for me. I look to my left and see a guy with a huge smile.

"I'm Dongwoo! I was the one that passed you the note," he says cheerily. I give back a little smile, telling him I’m thankful for the note.

"How's your first day so far?" So we aren’t ending the convo yet, huh?

"Well, the dude that was supposed to help me around school didn't show up so I walked here on my own..." 

"Well that's kinda rude! They usually inform the student so they make sure to go early,” he pouts. 

"Really?" 

I just got stood up by a dude I’ve never met, perfect.

"I've also done it before so I know that they do.” I shrugged, not knowing what to respond with.

"Hey, why don't I just show you around?" He suggests, giving a smile that somehow looks bigger than the first one..

"Uh, I guess so?"

"Perfect!" Dongwoo exclaimed.

In your face, unknown that left me.

In other news, do these classrooms have sound proof walls? How come no one hears the ruckus? I might even throw  a chair to check it myself.

However, that thought could no longer continue since the next teacher finally arrived, making his presence known with a knock right after sliding the door open.

"Can't wait to tour you around Gyu!" Dongwoo says before going to his own seat.

Who would've thought I'd be acquainted with someone on the first day? Kinda like that.

"I see we have some new kids." The teacher started off after scanning the class.

"Welcome to the International Academy of Masters, I hope you know what you've gotten yourselves into." 

First time I heard a teacher say that.

 


 

(28/07/2016) okayokay first chapter is doneee~ *cake rolls in*


THANK YU SO MUCH FOR FIVE SUSCRIBERS OMOMOMOMOOOO it amazes me how fast there were suscribers for this story relly (i'm not over getting more than 10 suscribers in my other story). So I plan to update at least once a week before school starts (preparing an alarm and everything) so I hope you guys can wait for that timeee *bow* And continue supporting if it isn't a hassle for yu guys~ Adiothh~~

 

(03/03/2021) first chapter's finally edited :DDD hopefully i have enough will to rewrite the other like?? 4?? chapters (i mean im gonna edit ch 5 and 6 but like not as much of a rewrite fro those chaps since tbh its close enough to my curent writing)