1-4 (Woohyun's POV)

Perfect Future

Okay just in case I'll point out that the classroom system is alike the one in Korea (students are divided into sections and each section has one schedule to follow), mainly cause I'm used to that set-up

Also hey hi I think I'm alive, on to the story~~~

 

 

"Mind telling me why you weren't in the cafeteria earlier?" Howon asked me after I sat down.

"One: Jihyun noona and the kid I forgot to tour, and two: Kevin hyung has food." I told him, holding up a finger after each reason.

"Oh that's why Myung said you were at the office... Damn you're gonna regret it." He smirked at me which just made me confused. 

"What am I supposed to regret?" I asked him.

"Not giving the new kid a tour."

"Does everyone know the new kid but me?!" I shouted. How come he's met almost everyone I know but me? What crazed fate is this ?

Ooh, fate. Sounds fancy.

"I appreciate the energized welcome there Woohyun." I looked to the front of the classroom to see out next teacher, and hear some snickers from the class.

"Sorry Miss," I said and fixed myself up a bit.

"Anyways, everyone back to your seats." We obeyed and greeted after in unison, later on being dismissed to take out our notes. 

"So for this class we have Kim Jonghyun?" She looked to see an unfamiliar face and gave a welcoming smile.

"As the rest of you remember, Jonghyun is part of the last batch of new students. This starts the few weeks 'till the practical exams to sort you all, so we'll have to start preparing." 

The school goes through a unique system which starts with students in random sections. It stays that way until all the late enrolls are finished at its own deadline which is two weeks before the 'Assessment Week': the week we'll be evaluated for which sections we'll be in for the rest of the school year.

"Before we start, Jonghyun do you have someone to help you with the lessons you've missed?" She asked, getting a 'no miss' in response. She then asked for a volunteer and two students raised their hands. 

Jackpot.

"My ship is sailing~" I heard Hoya fanboy in a small voice. I chuckled slightly, seeing that it wasn't only us two that saw what was going on.

Practically the whole grade level knew this ship well that there were even some stories written about them (I've seen some of it myself and it was surprisingly good) and small discussions of the couple. It's been growing for like two years after all, so it's bound to get some recognition. 

It would be sad if the Eric Nam, overall first in the grade level for three consecutive years can't figure out an obvious crush someone has for him.

"Well Jonghyun, will you pick Kevin or Eric?" There were audible 'oohs' heard all over the class which confused the new kid who seemed to have asked his seatmate what the hell is going on.

Judging by his look, it seems he found the ship too.

"Is it too much to make it a study group miss?" He asked.

"Well if the two wouldn't mind I guess that'd be okay..." She trailed off, waiting for the two volunteers to answer.

"It's fine miss," they answered in unison.

I can practically hear Kevin hyung smiling.

"Well then you have your own 'study group' all cleared, let's start class."

"Jonghyun is one brave soul," I heard one classmate whisper.

"The things you do for love," Jonghyun answered in a small voice. I tried holding my laughs in while our teacher started giving the 'do's and don'ts' for Assessment week.

It amazes me that it has got to an extent that we have to be reminded by all teachers not to cry in a dark corner when we realize we ed up. I remember when I walked into a whole hallway of people telling each other how they swear their sanity was falling apart, or that they were one step closer to dropping out and finding a 'more sane school'.

What's even more amazing is the fact that most of the people bawling their lives out are the same people who have been in the school since its opening. 

---

"Let us go live lives!" Hoya dramatically exclaimed the moment our teacher left. I wouldn't blame him though.

"Let us go find our dreams!" I shouted after, raising up an invisible sword.

Best. Sword. Eva.

"Let us meet our conquest!" He raised up his own sword.

"And together we shall-"

"Okay everyone two lines; one for the girls and one for the boys." Taeyeon noona called us from the door.

"Move your asses we don't want to piss off Sir!" Key hyung said at the back of the classroom.

We started walking to the classroom as fast as possible while still staying in line, hoping that we'd reach the room without having to be scolded for being late.

Love the subject, but it isn't exactly same for the teacher.

"Finally!" I exclaimed when we saw the room right in front of us. 

We went in quietly, making sure not to piss him off. A simple greeting cam out of the teacher's mouth when we had all entered the classroom, receiving the usual response from us in unison.

Well somewhat unison.

"Continue on to your assignments with your respective groups for now -- Jonghyun you may join Kevin's group -- remember I'd prefer the noise I hear to be music and not chit-chats." He said monotonously before reading a book on his desk. I walked over to the small recording room and saw my group all present.

"So Jonghyun, can you sing?"

---

"Woohyun hyung!" I heard a slightly nasal voice when Hoya and I entered the cafeteria, keeping an eye on Table 7.

They were all there except for Dongwoo, which is weird because he's usually the one that makes sure we're all there.

"Where's Woo hyung?" I asked them after we reached the table.

"Giving a tour to Gyu hyung," Sungyeol answered. I looked at him confusedly when I heard an unfamiliar name.

"Gyu hyung's new here thus the tour." Sungjong explained.

"But I thought he was free from touring this batch?"

"The one hyung helped was left by his tour guide." Myungsoo answered, going back to eating his food.

I nodded and walked away with Hoya to get some food, nearly bumping into several people before reaching the actual line. I was already in between the line of food, still thinking what ever happened to the kid I left behind.

It's like guilt creeping up to me...

And latching on to my back, claiming it as territory.

Oohh, didn't I just sound poetic.

 


 

Lee Howon is still life **OT7 at heart**