2-1 (Sunggyu's POV)

Perfect Future

"Till this day I wonder how was it that easy to get you two to meet."

"Maybe you guys didn't try hard enough," I chuckled. We continued walking until we reached the music room where we usually met up with the others. I opened the door to see everyone inside except for Howon and Woohyun.

"Myungsoo!" I saw Sungyeol immediately run to the guy. "Would you believe it?! Sunggyu hyung said we didn't try hard enough!"

"Ooh where?" Dongwoo joins in the conversation with a very - uh - interesting face.

"Not that way!"

"Hi hyung!" The two finally arrived, walking past me and heading for the chairs. I have no idea why I was just standing, but I just went on to get a seat.

As you can tell, I have finally met the that left me on the first day. All's forgiven though, after talking to my awkward phase at the beginning of the second term (and the many, many times he pops up with an apology for doing it), we've laughed it off by now. Though, it is still fun to about it every once in a while. Howon likes to mention how Woohyun would've tried to date me as well, and I usually follow along and flirt with my 'could've-been-suitor' to add in some laughs.

It's a shame Woohyun got used to it after a few times; his blush made it funnier and kind of cute.

"And what took you two so long?" I asked them.

"Nothing much," Woohyun replied. I looked over to his best friend, chuckling to see he's ready to corner Hyun as well.

"Okay before you two start fake flirting," Sungyeol walked towards me, "I need to show hyung something life-changing!"

"Did he download their music video just to show hyung?" 

"Sungyeol complained about hyung being offline, so yeah."

"Alright, what's the vid?" I asked the sparkly-eyed kid.

"Sungyeol's all-time favorite band NELL," I hear from Myungsoo. 

"Hmm, I feel like I've heard about them," I said. I watched as Sungyeol happily took out his phone and swiftly go over to a video.

"Maybe he was singing to their songs while you were asleep?"

"Shh!" Howon was hushed as the fan played the video.

The video plays with an establishing shot from outside the Earth. It was a slow shot before it switched to one of a lady in white lying in all the rubble. It was already evident that the production was of high quality for the group.

Then came the first note and, following, a melody that was arguably enthralling.

"Hey, what's their name again?"

 

----

 

"For the last time hyung if you want us to buy the new album wait for your damn birthday!" Woohyun cried out while walking away from me. Currently, the fellow students and staff see a wonderful sight of one honor student chasing another honor student with the former shaking a NELL poster rapidly.

Considering how this school was just filled with brokendown students and free-drink stalls a month ago, it's no wonder no one batted an eye.

"Why wait for so long when you can show your love now?" I shouted back.

"And when did I love you?" He stopped at his locker and looked at me with a smirk.

"I dunno, maybe we should remember the-"

"I sarang you to the max oppar!" He cut off with a finger heart. With the many times he's used it, if he was an idol, he would've made the gesture skyrocket to popularity by now.

"Now," I held his hand, "about that album-"

"I already have 7 of these," he pushed back the poster on hand. "Keep saving the trees hyung."

"I'll save the trees when I get the album?"

"Save your money instead hyung," Sungjong stepped in. Beside him were Sungyeol and Myungsoo looking like the couple they aren't.

"It's not Gyu hyung's fault he has taste!" Sungyeol goes up and places an arm around me.

Now, if Myungsoo and I never had that apple juice, he would be glaring at me just like he did from the start.

"I'm guessing the fellow fan would love to give me-"

"Yes Ms. Chu? I'd love to water your hamster!" There goes a Sungyeol walking to the bathroom.

Punk.

"Must I wait for my birthday?"

"You must therefore you will," said Woohyun.

"How about we get started on your guitar hyung?" Myungsoo suggested. Though I am surprised he didn't just disappear to Sungyeol, I immediately nodded in response, and the group soon broke to continue doing our own things for the time being. We had a few minutes left by the time we reached the music room, so we ended up discussing what we'll do for these mini lessons.

"Do you have a song you want to master in the end?" He asked.

"Cherry blossom ending?"

"What are you? A Korean college student?" He throws an obviously judgemental look. Punks, both of them.

"Well I will be!" 

We continued to discuss what we'd focus on for a few more minutes before the bell rang, but this was cut even shorter by the entrance of a perspiring Sungjong.

"Hyung! The student council!" The youngest managed to say. "The deadline's today!" Myungsoo's eyes widened and abruptly stood up and walked to the door.

"Sorry hyung! See you next practice!" He waved before the two left.

Maybe I should try running for President.

 

-----

 

"Vote wisely! Vote for Eric Nam as president!"

"On second thought, being president in the music club is enough." I say to myself as I look at the 'competition'. Surprisingly, Kevin and Eric are both running for president, both charming popular and exceptional juniors of the batch (I just find it surprising that they had the will to go against each other). Well-loved seniors Eli and Jaejoong had flyers everywhere (both from them and their unofficial fanclubs) to vote for them.

That is no place for a new kid to attempt running.

The campaign week has officially started and the whole school was as decorated as a festival. The students were no exception; I myself was greeted 5 times by nominees from different sections and grades, and my bag has campaign confetti at this point.

On the bright side, I now have tons of stationery and flyers for bookmarks.

It was lunch time and I just finished getting some food from the canteen, walking over to the 7th table.

I may have been focused on my friends waving, but my ears found it difficult to play deaf.

 

"I'm shocked Sungyeol didn't stay as level representative - at least Myungsoo knew his place!"

"Yeah! And what would he know about public-relations? He's just a pretty face that knows some foreign words."

"It's a pretty dumb decision for an honor student."

 


So I kinda edited this (I'm only editing the second arc cause the first arc would probs need a bigger revamp so ill edit that wehen arc 2 is finished dkjfsdjfs) and accidentally deleted the author's note but i'm pretty sure I was celebrating 38 subs here ergo i am forever thankful!!

And, as always, thank you for reading!