Place 1: The Stage

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV

 

My dream is where I am right now. My path is clear but the places I go are always different. South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Japan, U.S., South East Asia... I'm a wrapped package that my company sends everywhere to be opened.

 

I’m EXO’s main vocalist, Byun Baekhyun and I’m a diligent worker at SM entertainment, the biggest idol company in my country. Because of that, I went under the so-called “SM Treatment” where the staffs of the company exert a handful of effort to improve my physical well-being.

 

I'm not as handsome as my fans say but I can sing and dance. Thanks to those hard-earned skills, I'm gaining the hearts of the crowd I face everyday.

 

I'm always presentable to everyone. I laugh and smile. I react in the best possible ways I can but sometimes, my expressions and emotions are so forced that I get disgusted and disappointed with myself. I sacrificed my truest feelings for the line of job I got in. It's my dream but I sometimes ask myself if it's still worth it. These days, it's getting a lot more often that I doubt my life choices.

 

It's been years since I made some trouble. And what I mean by trouble is getting caught kissing your girlfriend during a car-date. Her name is well-announced in the entertainment industry because she’s Kim Taeyeon aka “Girls’ Generation’s Leader”, aka “Korea’s Best Solo Artist”, and since that incident, she’s “EXO Baekhyun’s Ex”.

 

I hope she's doing okay. I actually think she is but I also hope that she's taking care of herself now that there won't be anyone by her side to remind her to. Actually, I'm not so sure about the latter. It's almost 3 years since we dated. I haven't met her since the day our CEO called us into his office, breaking us up. It took a lot of me to move on. Seeing her during broadcasts and awards shows didn't help me one bit. It's all on me. I deleted her number, our pictures and I avoid looking at her. I busied myself with a lot of projects. I distracted myself. But to be honest, I'm still not okay.

 

I've been struggling to get some rest now even though I know that I need it to keep on working. Me and my members ride planes as much as average people use their cars or public transportations. I can do it but I can't breath. There's a huge oil spill over the oceans I swim. I feel like the stairs get steeper with every walk I take.

 

"Baekhyun-ah! Are you okay? You've been staring at the ceiling for 30 minutes now.", said Chanyeol, my EXO co-member and rapper of our group.

"Yes, I am. How many more minutes?", I asked.

"15 minutes 'till the concert starts", he replied.

"Oh okay, I'll warm-up with the other --"

 

He cut me off, "What were you thinking about? You can't fool me with all those jokes and smiles you make on stage. I can tell that there's something wrong."

 

I didn't answer. I just stared at the tall guy talking to me. I don't know what to tell him.

 

"Tell me later, okay? Come on, let's go!", he said.

 

My heart aches when someone notices the pain I'm going through. No matter how much I hide, my fears would always find me. I hope I could overcome this. As I said, no one's gonna help me. I won't let them. This is a battle between me and myself only.

 

After a few moments of getting ready, the stage began to light up as we enter facing more than 12,000 people who came. Just like all other personalities, I hide my pain when I face my fans. One thing I learned about one of my plays I starred at is that I should just sing in the rain.

 

¶ I'm singing in the rain

Just singing in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again

I'm laughing at clouds

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart ¶

 

I performed and sang with all my might. I communicated, entertained, and interacted with our fans. I’m so thankful that I’m always getting this chance to be with people who love me. I just wish that I could freely love someone too without anyone being hurt.

 

I love how I can make people happy by just sharing my voice to them. It's like making things that others can't make, a unique feeling that can take away their pain even for just an hour or two. I could be their light that could give them hope.

 

Maybe that’s what I need right now. I want something or someone rather, to make me happy and take away the pain, even for just a short moment.

 

As the concert is about to end, me and my members started giving out our goodbyes.

 

"Elliedeul (EXO-Ls; EXO fans)! Did you guys have fun? I did too. I'm very thankful to each and everyone of you who came and sang with us. I don't know how to express my huge gratitude to my members, my love ones and especially you, EXO-Ls who keeps on supporting us 'till the end. If I could only go off-stage and hug all of you. Anyways, take care of yourselves. Don't get sick. Good luck to all of you and once again, thank you so very much. I love you all!!!"

 

I held my members’ hands and bowed in front of the ocean of people I care about.

 

 

A/N

 

Hello, this is the first chapter. It's just basically an introduction for the character because not all of my readers are kpop fans. Please subscribe and comment about what do you think. And btw, if you're interested in making a cover for this story, kindly comment down. I'll reach out to you asap. Thank you so much! XOXO