The Haunted Building

The Curse of the Mask

Okay, my friends tell me I can't make anything creepy but I'll try my best. Warning for horror(??) and gore(??). If you're not comfortable with it, please skip to the end and I'll give you a brief overview of the chapter.

**************************************************************

The Colisseum gets creepier and creepier the nearer you are, and you start to have second thoughts about going in. You stay close to Jimin at all times, your Pokemon seeming suspicious at the purple fog that happens to be gathering.

Something materializes in front of you and you scream your head off, clutching onto Jimin for dear life. One Psychic from the Golduck is enough to send that Pokemon floating away, the Rotom grinning cheekily at you. Did the Rotom die here or something?

"Jonggyeu is known for its beaches, but also the fact that this Colisseum is swarming with Ghost-type Pokemon in the night," says Aquon. "Rotom, Gastly, Shuppet, Klefki...you name it, we have it."

"What's that?" You point at a Pokemon, one of its arms caught between two pieces of rubble. It looks like a purple balloon, with a white cloud above its head.

Drifloon. Level 20. Type(s): Ghost, Flying. Moves learned: Ominous Wind, Focus Energy, Payback, Gust. Ability: Aftermath. These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.

"Children may sometimes vanish?" you repeat the words out. "Maybe that's where all the missing people went...?"

"You might be right...I've never seen such a Pokemon before, though," he says. "What is it called?"

"A Drifloon," you say, reading out from your Pokedex. "We should probably help it."

No YoU wOn'T.

You hear a disembodied voice in your head and goosebumps start to rise in your skin. You shiver as you look around, and from Jimin's and Aquon's actions, they probably heard the voice too.

No OnE wHo CoMeS hErE lEaVeS hErE aLiVe...

W-W-What?! You back towards Jimin, your back hitting his chest as he wraps one arm protectively around you. Growlithe begins barking, and Jimin continues throwing glances around. You can hear your heart thudding in your chest as your breath hitches. What in the world can be out there? 

"It must be just a Pokemon...nothing to be afraid of," Aquon says, his Golduck on alert. He releases another five Pokemon, and you notice the difference. He isn't using a Horsea, a Clauncher and a Panpour anymore. Rather, his five Pokemon are, according to your Pokedex, a Blastoise, a Slowbro, a Tentacruel, a Vaporeon and a Kingler.

I'm JuSt A pOkEmOn, YoU sAy? WeLl, TuRn To YoUr LeFt.

You do as you're told and you stifle a scream as you notice something white standing there. It's a tiny girl, with a Mime Jr. standing next to her. However, her clothes are torn and bloodied, and her face is filled with blood. Her hair is dyed completely red from the sheer amount of blood she has lost, and there are only peeks of blonde of her hair shining in the moonlight. You feel like throwing up immediately. The Mime Jr. isn't any better. Its hat is torn and its nose is missing and blood has replaced its nose. One of the Mime Jr.'s eyes is missing and you gag, the bile rising higher in your throat.

I'm NoT tHe OnLy OnE.

You hear shuffling from all around, and you turn around, the three of you on high alert now. You grit down on your teeth as you realize that there are more ghosts and zombies walking your way, their causes of death clear on their bodies. Some were stabbed, some were strangled, some had their heads ripped off and some had their wrists slashed. Pokemon are accompanying all of them, and the Pokemon aren't spared either. A Caterpie had a missing head and a Skarmory is missing a leg, and its wings are cracked. There is a rotting Seel along with a Rhyhorn who had its entire face cut off.

YoU aRe AlL GoInG tO dIe HeRe!

The Pokemon attack, running forward, even with their torn limbs and some being headless. You swear you nearly got murdered from a Thunderbolt straight to the chest. You feel the worst pain ever as electricity shocks your entire being and you scream as you fall back into Jimin's arms. Jimin slinging one of your arms over his shoulder as he commands for his Pokemon to return the favour, Growlithe, Servine, Minun and Kricketune. Aquon's Pokemon are also fighting their hardest, Blastoise launching Hydro Pump after Hydro Pump, while Vaporeon supports with Rain Dance and Light Screen.

Even your Pokemon are fighting, but you're barely aware of anything other than Jimin's racing heartbeat and your own, mingling together and the sounds of battle is making your head hurt. You see something falling to the ground, disappearing right in front of your eyes. One of the zombie Pokemon, a Raticate. It fizzles into white smoke. 

Maybe they're really ghosts? But something about the wisps seem suspicious. It's as if it's being conjured from somewhere, and maybe, just maybe, they're not ghosts at all. Just tricks of the light...

Or tricks of the mind.

You grasp at Jimin's hand, and he turns you around so that you're facing each other.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" 

"Uh...yeah," you nod. "Wait, I think...I think these are all not real!"

"Not real? What do you mean by not real?" He blurts out, as he pushes your head down, dodging a Body Slam attack by a Purugly. You stand up immediately, launching yourself into the path of a Sunkern. The Sunkern passes straight through you and disappears and Jimin stares at you, completely bewildered.

"Come on, we can just pass through these ghosts!" you run through the ghosts, each of the illusions disappearing the moment you come into contact with them, the human and Pokemon ghosts alike, until you reach the rubble where the Drifloon is trapped. You throw out your arms, the Drifloon barely being able to defend itself from the flying Pokemon ghosts. Apparently, only humans can pass through them.

"Yah!" You grab onto the rubble, waving your arms at the Pokemon ghosts until they all dissolve into wisps of smoke. You climb, heaving yourself onto the top of the rubble and attempting to move it.

"Kricketune!" Jimin calls, and you watch as the bug flies over, wings beating at an insanely fast pace. "Fury Cutter!"

The Kricketune brings its claws together, before moving them at such speed that they turn invisible. You marvel at its power as the piece of rubble bursts open, allowing the Drifloon to escape. The Drifloon floats high into the sky, and you watch it go, its battered body looking feeble against the strong moonlight. 

"(Y/N)!" you hear Jimin's voice behind you and your eyes widen as you realize that he's surrounded by wisps of smoke, the same ones that you've seen earlier. Jimin's being lifted into the air, and you can only watch as you wonder what to do, panic filling you to the brim. All your Pokemon are busy fighting...

Kricketune's wings hum as it flies up, beating the air furiously, aiming for its Trainer.

I sEe YoU

You are immediately gripped by a cold hand. You scream as you are lifted into the air, along with Jimin. Your whole body is paralyzed, and you're unable to move. Blood is rushing in your ears and your heart is threatening to jump out of your mouth. All your hairs are standing on end and you feel like you're unable to breathe. You're about at least twenty feet off the ground and if the wisps let you go, you'll definitely die from the height.

Kricketune barely manages to reach Jimin before he is dropped, and Jimin screams as he falls, nothing below to catch him. Kricketune is not fast enough, especially with the velocity it's at now.

Just as Jimin is about to hit the ground, he stops, some psychic power lifting him into the air. You turn in the air, noticing that Jimin is lowered gently onto the ground, a pink hue in the air around him. You feel yourself falling through the air and you scream as you plummet. But this time, Kricketune manages to catch you and lower you to the ground.

You try to calm your furiously-beating heart as Kricketune moves to stand beside you. You see something float by you and you are freaked out of your skin as you watch the creature, or Pokemon, stare at you. It looks like it's covered in a cloth resembling Pikachu, and if you didn't look closely, you won't notice the two eye holes cut into the cloth.

It beckons you to follow it, and you have no choice but to leave your Pokemon fighting outside.

Something nudges at your hand, and you turn around, getting the second scare of your life when you see the Drifloon floating there, bruises still all over its body, and it looks nervous as it's holding your hand. You and Jimin follow the suspicious Pokemon, the Pokemon leading you deeper and deeper into the Colisseum. You are a little wary while following this Pokemon. Who knows what might have happened here? 

You come to a stop when the Pokemon does, and it probably has led you far enough into the Colisseum...

It turns to face you, floating towards you. Your Pokedex gives a buzzing sound, and you take it out, looking confused as you flip it open and the Pokedex barely shows you any information, ERROR replacing the information that the Pokedex cannot sense.

Mimikyu. Level 22. Type(s): Ghost, Fairy. Moves learned: Shadow Ball, Fairy Wind, Spite, Disarming Voice. Ability: Disguise. ERROR.

"Mimikyu?" you reach out to pat the thing on the head, but someone grabs your arm, and in a flash, you see Kricketune standing in front of you. 

"Jimin, what the h*ll?!" 

"It might be dangerous!" Jimin hisses, his Kricketune still on guard.

"Dangerous? It's the cutest ing thing ever!" 

"Cute?!"

Mimikyu looks worriedly at the both of you before it moves closer, causing Jimin to pull you backwards, tripping on a piece of rock and it causes the both of you to land on each other in a heap of tangled limbs. You struggle to pull yourself up and you hear a smashing sound coming from the outside of the Colisseum, where you were just at.

Something bursts into the room--a Parasect with its mushroom completely torn off its back, and it springs a Spore attack at you. You barely have time to react before something blocks the spore and there is a beam of light shooting through the Parasect, the Parasect illusion disappearing.

"You all okay?"

You look up and you gawk at the person standing next to you, looking down at you.

"The others outside have been dealt with," Jeongguk extends a hand to pull you up, and you blush as his fingers close around your hand, helping you get up. You look down when you hear a squeak and you notice a small cat-like Pokemon staring up at you with an expressionless face.

Espurr. Level 22. Type(s): Psychic. Moves learned: Disarming Voice, Light Screen, Fake Out, Psybeam. Ability: Infiltrator. It has enough psychic energy to blast everything within 300 feet of itself, but it has no control over its power.

You turn back to help Jimin up, but he ignores your hand and picks himself up from the ground, face expressionless. You stare as he swipes at his back and bottom, cleaning himself of dust. He begins walking out with Kricketune walking beside him and you start to get suspicious.

"I wonder what's wrong with him," you touch your chin thoughtfully, and you swear you see a triumphant glint in Jeongguk's eye as he places a hand on your shoulder, his palm warming you through your clothes and there is a fluttering in your chest. From what, you don't know. "I'm sorry, he's usually not like that."

"It's alright," Jeongguk smiles, as he sees the Mimikyu beside you, his expression darkening for a second, and it is gone as quickly as it had come. "Let's get out. I still have a Gym to challenge."

Funny, how Jeongguk had single-handedly defeated all the Pokemon ghosts, but if they were simply illusions, then he could have simply defeated that Pokemon which created the illusions.

As if reading your mind, Jeongguk says, "The Pokemon responsible for those illusions was actually a mischievous Mismagius that lives here. It likes playing tricks on your mind, so as long as you make sure it doesn't affect you, you should be fine." You nod, watching Jeongguk as the two of you walk out, at how the way the moonlight shines on his face, skimming his nose and emphasizing his perfect jawline, at how the way he walks, crunching the rubble under his feet. 

"What's that Pokemon next to you?" Jeongguk asks as you and he emerge from the ruins.

"This? Or that?" you ask, pointing to Drifloon and Mimikyu.

"Uh...the Pikachu."

"Oh, that's Mimikyu," you say, happy to introduce your new friend.

"Ah, it looks really cute."

"Jimin didn't seem to think so," you laugh, and you catch Jeongguk's smile as Mimikyu dances around you, apparently floating you.

"It seems to like you," Jeongguk says suddenly. "Maybe you should let it join you. But it doesn't have to be one of your six Pokemon. It can be your Partner Pokemon." 

"Partner Pokemon?"

"Usually, in other regions, such as Hoenn and Kanto, you aren't allowed to have more than six Pokemon travelling at one time," Jeongguk explains. "But in regions like Almia and Fiore, you can have Partner Pokemon with you."

"Oh..." you look over at Mimikyu, and it twirls in the air, eyes turning into crescents.

"Right...do you have a Pokephone?"

You think for a while, before remembering the Pokephone that Hoseok had given you.

"You can register your Partner Pokemon here, or else carrying more than six Pokemon is an offence," Jeongguk says, hand reaching out for your Pokephone. You hand it over and he presses a few buttons, lips pressing into a thin line. He shows you the screen, "Here. Your Pokephone can display your Partner Pokemon and your remaining six Pokemon. Even though your Partner Pokemon is beside you, it can't take part in any Trainer battles. If you want to change your Partner Pokemon, there's a PRA (Pokemon-Related Affairs) building in Joujen City."

"Ah," you nod as you take your Pokephone back and stuff it in your bag.

"Right, you'd better go rest up. I think the Gym Leader and Jimin have left. I told the Gym Leader that I've gotten the both of you out safely."

"Thanks," you smile at him, and he reciprocates the gesture. You see Scatter, Chim and...what? What is that Pokemon? It looks a little like Oddish, but the smell is...undeniably undesirable.

Gloom. Level 24. Type(s): Grass, Poison. Moves learned: Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Lucky Chant. Ability: Chlorophyll. From its mouth Gloom drips honey that smells absolutely horrible. Apparently, it loves the horrid stench. It sniffs the noxious fumes and then drools even more of its honey.

"Oh yeah, I've been wanting to ask you. Why is it that some of my Pokemon keep changing? Like Scatter was...Scatterbug, then it became Spewpa and it changed again to Vivillon?" you ask, and Jeongguk nods.

"They went through something called evolution. When your Pokemon evolves, the Pokemon changes in appearance, and it gets stronger. You can also stop the evolution taking place with your Pokedex. Just aim your Pokedex at the Pokemon and press this button. The Pokemon will stop evolving.

"But it's still Dish, I guess," you look over at the now-Gloom and apparently have to pinch your nose. Dish had...been the same your entire life, Oddish, but now...Dish became way different.

"You'd better get going. Don't want to be caught out here with more ghosts," Jeongguk gives you a thumbs-up.

"Where are you going?" you ask.

"I've got to meet someone. I'm going to take a train to Gondan City," says Jeongguk. "You'll be heading there next, won't you?" 

"Yep," you nod enthusiastically. "I'll see you there!"

You leave with a faint tinge of pink on your cheeks as you bade goodbye to Jeongguk and his Espurr.

*****************************************************************

Basically, you, Aquon and Jimin encountered illusions of ghost Pokemon and children, and you meet a Pokemon named Mimikyu, who leads you deeper into the Colisseum while you were trying to save Drifloon. Drifloon ended up tagging along since you saved its life. An Illusion Parasect burst through the wall and tried to use Spore but someone protected you. You look up to find Jeongguk standing there. Meanwhile, Jimin leaves in a bad mood and Aquon has since long gone. Jeongguk claims to have beaten the other Pokemon and that a Mismagius was the one stirring up trouble. You are taught about Partner Pokemon, about Mimikyu becoming your Partner Pokemon. The system works that your Partner Pokemon can be your seventh Pokemon and cannot be used in battle. Jeongguk is headed to Gondan City to meet someone, and that's where you're headed next.

Hope you enjoy it! I think you'd meet Namjoon next chappie. Stay tuned!

Reader:

Partner: Mimi (Mimikyu). Level 22. Moves learned: Spite, Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, Shadow Ball

1) Dish (Gloom). Level 24. Moves learned: Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Lucky Chant.
2) Chim (Monferno). Level 22. Moves learned: Flame Wheel, Cut, Fury Swipes, Mach Punch
3) Scatter (Vivillon). Level 21. Moves learned: Psybeam, Supersonic, Struggle Bug, Protect
4) Drifloon (Floon). Level 20. Ominous Wind, Payback, Focus Energy, Gust.

Jimin:

1) Growlithe. Level 25. Moves learned: Reversal, Fire Fang, Odor Sleuth, Take Down
2) Servine. Level 25. Moves learned: Growth, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Leaf Tornado
3) Kricketune. Level 24. Moves learned: Sing, Fury Cutter, Focus Energy, Leech Life
4) Minun. Level 25. Moves learned: Swift, Copycat, Fake Tears, Electro Ball

*Moves used in the chapter
--Thunderbolt. (Electric) Used by Illusion Eelektross (unmentioned). A bolt of lightning strikes the foe, dealing damage.

--Hydro Pump. (Water) Used by Blastoise. A blast of water is fired at the foe.
--Rain Dance. (Water) Used by Vaporeon. The user summons rainclouds, the weather becoming Rainy.
--Light Screen. (Psychic) Used by Vaporeon. The user raises its team's Special Defense.
--Body Slam. (Normal) Used by Purugly. The user slams its whole body on the Pokemon, sometimes resulting in the Pokemon's paralysis.
--Fury Cutter. (Bug) Used by Kricketune.The user uses its claws to cut the foe many times.
--Spore. (Grass) Used by Parasect. The spores emitted from the user puts the foe to sleep.
--Psybeam. (Psychic) Used by Espurr. A beam of light is shot at the foe.