The Run-Down Plant

The Curse of the Mask

Hunting for Feebas at Brooklet...haiz...its like 1% and ive spent like 3hrs on it nope im quitting and the elite four is like easier than lusamine or is it just me (or at least hala is and i got my *ss kicked by olivia cos relicanth) FINALLY FINISHED

Rotom

Random ROTOM fact: Rotom can possess a total of 6 electrical appliances and changes its type depending on the appliance except for one.

 

 

 

***************************************************

When the Vibrava have left the city, you find it ravaged--the whole place almost in ruins. The Sand Tomb and Sandstorm attacks the Vibrava have used have done a number on the city. Not even the Ferris Wheel is recognizable anymore. You and Jeongguk had retired to your room a while ago. Mimi is sitting with you on the bed, snuggling into the pillow.

You and Jeongguk have decided to rest for the night--the hotel, reinforced by steel harvested from the chipped armour of Aggron--is one of the only buildings still standing. Tomorrow, you're heading over to Aedug, and you're getting the Gym Badge from there.

"You've gotten the Gym Badge from Gondan City already, silly," Jeongguk laughed, slapping your back playfully. You groaned as he flashed you a cheeky grin. At least you've gotten a HM from Hoseok. Isn't that a good thing? "He even arrested you, remember?" 

Well, it's not exactly a memory you wish to keep.

The rest of the night passes by without a hitch, and you wake up, refreshed and ready to start the next part of your journey. You and Jeongguk decide to find a way to make it to the top of the two mountains he's heard of...if you even know what these two mountains are. You're certain that your sister is investigating these legendary Pokemon, since, well, her field of study is legendary Pokemon.

Jeongguk had said that Aedug City is a city that is very rooted in history, and it was the very first settlement established here in the Oakre region. There are a lot of farms and ranches over there, plus the famous Aedug Cavern. Even you've heard of this one. The Aedug Cavern is almost like the one in Celestic Town, all the way in Sinnoh, with a mural deep inside, depicting Hartfalt, Lothing and Nukret. 

It's been protected from vandalism and desecration by the punk boys and girls who've made Aedug City their home. They're being controlled by the police force in the city that is under the command of the Gym Leader himself.

"Well, let's get going," you grin, making for the route leading you out of the city.

*************************************************************

"Hello?" You answer as you pick up your ringing Pokephone. After managing to capture quite a few Fomantis, Smeargle and Bonsly along the route, you're greeted by a call from Kai. How Kai found this number is a mystery in itself.

"Kai here," his voice is smiling. "You're on your way to Aedug?"

"Yup," you reply. Jeongguk shoots you a questioning look, as does his Charjabug riding on his shoulder.

"There's a power plant near there," Kai says. "Say, can you help me with something? A little favour?"

"Uh...sure," you say, and you swear you can imagine a beaming Kai in your mind.

"That's great!" Kai exclaims. "There's this little diamond stone all the way at the very end in the power plant. The very last room. Mind if you go get it for me? It's really small--I hope you don't miss it, but there's a giant pedestal there, so I don't think you will."

"Alright," you nod, although Kai cannot see you. With another round of "thanks", he hangs up.

"What's up?" Jeongguk asks as you continue walking. Mimi floats around your shoulders.

"Kai wants me to head on over to some power plant near Aedug," you say.

"It's near here, in fact," Jeongguk says. "We're almost at Aedug anyways."

You nod, and Jeongguk gestures for you to follow him down a beaten path through the soil. You manage to find yourselves following the road, battling many Geodude and Shellos, until finally coming to a beach of sorts. The golden sand crumbles under your feet as you and Jeongguk run from a horde of Shellder you've managed to bother (by stepping on their shells, no less).

Jeongguk and you find yourselves at the power plant soon enough, the run-down power plant obviously abandoned. There are still Pikachu and Pichu roaming about though, with the occassional Togedemaru. You and Jeongguk successfully make it past the Pichu guards and enter the power plant.

Judging from the rust on the generators, they've been out of use for at least a year. A Magnemite floats above your head, wanting nothing to do with the two intruders. You thank the lucky stars for that and you head on, Mimikyu seemingly zipping forward and scouting out the area. You swear you can feel a pair of eyes watching you from the corner, and Jeongguk seems to notice too, since he keeps turning his head around to check for incoming danger.

Even the simplest of crackling of electricity startles you. You won't be surprised if an actual ghost lived in here.

All of a sudden, the fan above you , spinning lazy circles. You jump into Jeongguk's chest and he laughs, your back comfortingly. "Relax--it's probably a ghost-type Pokemon or something."

You pout and continue on walking. What's so important that Kai needs to get from this ghost-infested place?

As you enter the next room, the light flickers on and something springs out at you. You scream as Mimi rushes up to defend you, placing a well-aimed Shadow Claw against the attacking Pokemon, knocking a Flaafy to the ground.

Flaafy bleats fiercely in response as it continues with its assault. Flaafy hisses and lunges at you again. Mimi uses a Play Rough move, darting forward and managing to tackle Flaafy to the ground. There is another growl, and you're panicking now. What else other than the Flaafy is in the room with you and Jeongguk? 

Something falls on your head--an acorn? 

You look up and find a squirrel-like Pokemon hanging from the lone light in the room. It makes a daredevil leap to the ground and scampers off towards the next room. You pick up your beeping Pokedex, hoping to make the beeping sound go away.

Pachirisu. Level 30. Type(s): Electric. Moves: Spark, Electro Ball, Swift, Charm. Ability: Pickup. A pair may be seen rubbing their cheek pouches together in an effort to share stored electricity.

"Oh well," Jeongguk says. Charjabug has managed to subdue the Flaafy, and the Flaafy lies on the ground, fainted. You and Jeongguk start making your way deeper into the power plant. You notice, just as you leave the room, that the light that had flickered on earlier has gone off.

You and Jeongguk enter the next room, and you smile as you find the pedestal holding the stone that Kai specifically asked you to retrieve the stone from. Now let's take that stone and hightail it out of here, you think. You take the stone from the pedestal, half expecting something to jump out at you when you did, but nothing.

Or at least you thought there was nothing.

Something snatches the stone from your hands and runs out of the room, squeaking mischievously.

"C-Come back!" you yell as the Pachirisu disappears behind the door to the previous room. Suddenly, the door slams shut. It's not like you've touched anything! This is why you really think there's a ghost here!

There's an eerie sound as the wind suddenly cuts at you. It's almost as if there are daggers piercing into your skin as blood erupts from sudden wounds you sustained from the ghostly wind.

"Watch out!"

Jeongguk's Charjabug uses a Thunderbolt attack, attempting to strike at the moving purple thing that is flitting between the lights and the fans, causing mischief, but Charjabug misses. The thing flies into the nearest object: a refrigerator. The refrigerator springs open and a blast of icy wind cuts at you.

"X-Scissor!" Jeongguk cries, and Charjabug attacks the refrigerator, sending the appliance thudding to the ground with a loud thunk. The ghost hops from the refrigerator to the oven. Who the h*ll keeps a ing oven in the power plant? The oven opens suddenly and heat washes over the room like a wave.

"Shadow Claw!"

Mimikyu hits the oven with a Shadow Claw attack, having avoided the Heat Wave attack sent their way and managing to smash the oven to bits. The ghost thing is now out in the open and your Pokedex starts beeping the moment it finds its way into an unused lawnmower.

"Watch out! Meowstic, Reflect!" 

The Razor Leaf launched their way is blocked by the invisible shield that is apparently Meowstic's Reflect. You hurriedly drag your Pokedex from your bag and check it. Maybe it'll give you more insight into this ghost. It must be a Pokemon, considering that the Pokedex can record information on it at all.

Rotom (Lawnmower). Level 60. Type(s): Grass, Electric. Moves: Ominous Wind, Hex, Discharge, Razor Leaf. Ability: Levitate. Its body is composed of plasma. It is known to infiltrate electronic devices and wreak havoc.

Now that explains it. The Pokemon possessing all these electronic appliances must be this Pokemon called Rotom. 

"We're not going to be able to beat it if we just let it jump around like that," Jeongguk says. The lawnmower Rotom is fast. Rotom suddenly abandons the lawnmower and leaps into the fan. The fan starts up and giant gales of wind suddenly blows in your direction, causing you to fly off your feet and hit the wall. Jeongguk follows right after, as he withdraws Meowstic and sends out Weavile.

"Icy wind!"

A cold gust of wind begins to blow from behind Weavile, ice shards flying in Rotom's direction. Rotom leaves the fan now, flying through the air in search of its next appliance. Out of the blue, something shoots through the air and manages to catch Rotom unawares. Something from the window.

The window bursts open, glass shattering and flying everywhere as Rotom falls to the ground. That thing...is a piece of rock? Someone lands in the room, atop a majestic yet devillish-looking Pokemon.

"Crunch!"

"Jimin!" you can't control your mouth as the wolf Pokemon launches itself at the Rotom on the ground, catching the Pokemon between its jaws and biting down, hard. However, the Pokemon springs backwards when Rotom suddenly makes a break for you!

Rotom dives towards you, towards your hand, and plants itself in the device in your hand.

Your device freaking grows eyes! Rotom is in your Pokedex, which you'd never damage. What in the world is wrong with...?

"Get out!" you cry, smashing the Pokedex to the ground, but the thing must be made of titanium or something, because it can't be smashed into a million bits.

"Ow!" the Pokedex screams and the three of you, minus the Pokemon, literally freeze. Did the Pokedex just speak something that has nothing to do with any information on any Pokemon? You pick the Pokedex up gingerly, watching for any signs of danger.

Rotom, apparently, hasn't left the Pokedex.

"That hurt!" Rotom huffs. "You big meanie! First you destroy three of my favourite homes and now you're throwing me to the ground!"

You stare wide-eyed at the Pokemon. Okay, a talking Rotom isn't exactly what you've been expecting when you came here.

"Can you, like, get out?"

"No," Rotom replies. 

"No? What do you mean no?" Jeongguk asks. "Are you going to alter the data or something?"

"Alter data? Me? Nah," Rotom smiles smugly. "I mean, I can, but I won't because I'm nice. I said no because I can't get out, not because I won't."

"So I'm stuck with you for eternity?"

"Pretty much," Rotom's eyes twinkle. "Until you can find a way to get me out anyhow. But you can throw me in your bag, I won't complain." 

You exchange glances with Jeongguk. Jimin won't even look at you. Honestly, you wonder what you've done so wrong that Jimin is ignoring you now. Jimin is instead staring at the doorway that Pachirisu had passed through. What's with that stone anyways? You look down at your Pokedex's light flashing away.

You look at the new entry on your Rotomdex.

Lycanroc. Level 45. Type(s): Rock. Moves learned: Crunch, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Roar. Ability: Keen Eye. When properly raised from a young age, it will become a trustworthy partner that will absolutely never betray its Trainer.

"Lycanroc, what is it?" you hear Jimin mumble softly to his Partner Pokemon. Lycanroc growls menacingly at the doorway, and it seems to you that Jimin actually understands what Lycanroc is trying to get at. 

"We have to get out of here!" Jimin suddenly exclaims.

"W-Why?" you ask, panicking a little. Why do you have to get out of here? What's going to happen? You can't stand not knowing!

"Come on!" Jimin grabs your arm, trying to pull you towards the window that he and Lycanroc burst from, but you wrench your hand away, giving Jimin a scathing look, surprising him.

"Wait a minute, you have no explanation--!"

There's a sudden boom from the other room, and that's when Jimin grabs your arm again and succeeds in pulling you out this time, with the building suddenly exploding. You tumble through the air, your heart caught in your throat as you land hard on the ground...? No, it's Lycanroc's back, but it still hurts like hell.

Meanwhile, Jimin is riding on another Pokemon: a more grown-up version of...

"Growlithe?" you reach your hand out to the Pokemon. This Pokemon shares similar features with Growlithe, but this Pokemon is not Growlithe.

Arcanine. Level 47. Type(s): Fire. Moves learned: Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch. Ability: Flash Fire. The fire burning inside its body serves as the energy to fuel it as it runs great distances. It appears in many legends.

There is another explosion that causes you to flinch, and you look back to find the power plant exploding, as if someone has planted bombs in it and has set them off at the same time. But the hints of blue electricity makes you think otherwise.

There is another figure that burst from the window that you had come out of, and you find Jeongguk flying through the air with his Rufflet hooking its talons on his shirt. Rufflet manages to carry Jeongguk to where you are, and you land.

"There's your explanation," Jimin says, gesturing to the power plant. "It's a goner now."

"What's a goner?"

"Your Electrium Z," Jimin says. "The stone that resided in there."

"Electrium Z?"

"Also, as a member of the Oakre police, you are under arrest for unauthorised entering of government property." 

"M-Member of the Oakre police?" you gape at Jimin as he holds up his police badge. "You?"

"Uh-huh," Jimin says. He doesn't smile, but you can see the twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh my God, no...Kai didn't tell me about this!" your eyes look to Jeongguk for help, but he shrugs. You turn back to Jimin, panic showing through, but it seems that Jimin has lowered his badge.

"Did you just say Kai?"

"Um...yeah?"

"Okay," Jimin nods. "I can't arrest you then. Let's go, Lycanroc."

The wolf looks back at you, and Jeongguk, and Jimin climbs onto its back. Instinctively, you reach forward and grasp Jimin's shirt. You swear you see him shudder, before looking down at you from atop Lycanroc. 

"Please...where are you going, Jimin?"

Jimin remains silent for a while. "Back to the headquarters." 

"And where's that?"

"Soul City," he says.

Soul City. That's where the infamous Pokemon League is. And the Champion every year, during their annual Championship Battle, is always someone from Bausn. Maybe you had thought of wanting to battle the League...just once? Maybe in your entire life...? But somewhere along the lines, you probably decided that being a researcher or a coordinator would be a job better suited for you.

"You're going over to Soul City? Wait, who was it that invited you into the police? Why did you join the police?" Questions fly from your mouth in a flurry. Jimin doesn't look assaulted at all. Instead, his expression hardens as his jaw tenses.

"You did. You invited me into the police."

"I...I did no such thing!" you exclaim. What is Jimin talking about?

"Ken...codename Ken. He was the one," Jimin says. "The owner of Lycanroc. Lee Jaehwan."

Lee Jaehwan. The headmaster of that school all the way back in Gondan City. He's part of the International Police?

"So is your Kai," Jimin continues. "Kai is a codename too, by the way." 

"Kai..." You think back to the guy you met while challenging the Tower of Mastery, someone whom Jeongguk says not to underestimate.

"I've got to get going," Jimin says. "I'll see you around." 

A few short exchanges, and that's it? Jimin feels like a totally different person now.

"Wait," you say, and Jimin looks back at you wtih an interested expression. "Let's have a battle. A Pokemon battle."

*****************************************************

You: 

Partner: Mimi (Mimikyu). Level 43. Shadow Claw, Hone Claws, Slash, Shadow Sneak

Pokemon:

Dish (Gloom). Level 45. Giga Drain, Toxic, Sleep Powder, Natural Gift
Chim (Infernape). Level 43. Fire Spin, Cut, Flame Wheel, Close Combat
Scatter (Vivillon). Level 41. Draining Kiss, Bug Buzz, Supersonic, Aromatherapy
Floon (Drifblim). Level 41. Ominous Wind, Hex, Gust, Shadow Ball
Blu (Altaria). Level 41. Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Take Down, Mirror Move
Denne (Dedenne). Level 44. Play Rough, Parabolic Charge, Charm, Volt Switch

Jeongguk:

Partner: Charjabug. Level 40. Spark, Acrobatics, Dig, X-Scissor

Pokemon:

Weavile. Level 45. Screech, Punishment, Icy Wind, Snatch
Greninja. Level 45. Water Shuriken, Substitute, Shadow Sneak, Feint Attack
Rufflet. Level 44. Defog, Air Slash, Slash, Tail Wind
Gengar. Level 44. Shadow Ball, Night Shade, Dark Pulse, Confuse Ray
Meowstic. Level 44. Role Play, Disarming Voice, Reflect, Psychic

Jimin:

Partner: Lycanroc. Level 45. Rock Slide, Rock Climb, Roar, Crunch

Pokemon:

Arcanine. Level 47. Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch
Serperior. Level 46. Coil, Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Slam
Kricketune. Level 46. Night Slash, Sticky Web, Taunt, Bug Buzz
Minun. Level 45. Thunder, Trump Card, Agility, Baton Pass
Crobat. Level 46. Venoshock, Haze, Mean Look, Acrobatics
Stunfisk. Level 46. Thunderbolt, Muddy Water, Bounce, Endure

Moves used in the chapter:

Sand Tomb. Used by Vibrava
Sandstorm. Used by Vibrava.
Shadow Claw. Used by Mimikyu.
Play Rough. Used by Mimikyu.

Ominous Wind. Used by Rotom.
Thunderbolt. Used by Charjabug.
Blizzard. Used by Rotom.
X-Scissor. Used by Charjabug.
Heat Wave. Used by Rotom.
Reflect. Used by Meowstic.
Razor Leaf. Used by Rotom.
Icy Wind. Used by Weavile.
Crunch. Used by Lycanroc.