...With the First Game of the Season

The One...

DONGHYUCK

 

"Alright ladies," Coach Jongin gather everyone together for a meeting after lacrosse practice by blowing his whistle. "Some important events are coming up soon so we-"

 

"How was your date with Mr.Do?" Someone raise their hand and interrupted the coach.

 

"It's was great, thanks for asking," He glare at the poor kid. "Anyway, your first game of the season is coming up tomorrow and I was hoping we win that game to start the season off right. I know our record isn't the best but I'm hoping to change that this year."

 

"Don't worry coach," Jeno speak up. "With all the practice you've been putting on us, I feel like we have a really good chance."

 

"Thanks for the peep talk Jeno, everyone is dismiss now. Get a good sleep and get to the locker room right after school so we can chane and get ready for JYP High School."

 

Everyone change out of their practice uniform and shower. I waited outside for Mark so we can get drive back to his place. Even though I'm his boyfriend now, I'm still his butler so I need to do my duties. He emerges from the locker room all freshen up and we get pick up by the driver. The whole way home, Mark keep on telling me about the plan he had came up with for tomorrow game. I'm glad he's excited about the first game, that will put motivation in his system when he play.

 

"Stay the night," Mark suggested as I clean up his room. "We can cuddle."

 

"I got to go home," I replied. "My mom and dad finally got some good result from my dad last hospital appointment and we want to celebrate."

 

"Congratulation your dad for me," He back hug me which prevent me from picking up the piece of litter in the corner of the room. "If he come back to work, does that mean you'll stop working in my room?"

 

"Yeah," I answer nonchalantly. "But don't worry, I'll visit and you still see me at school."

 

"I better have more sleepover with you," He rock me around. "But before you go, can you do something for me?"

 

I know the look on his face. Every since that day in the empty chemistry room, he had that face on whenever he's . "Oh no, I will not. You need to keep you head straight for the game. I read somewhere that ion make your muscle weak so none of that until after the game, which you will win."

 

"Is that my reward if I win?" Mark grin widely.

 

"Maybe," I smile slyly. "Anyway, I got to go, so see you tomorrow. Good luck."

 

"Are you gonna be there?"

 

"Duh of course, I'm the mascot," I look back and smile at him. "Beside, I wouldn't miss my boyfriend first game of the season."

 

We kiss for a bit before I had to actually go home. I called Seungkwan and make sure he remeber to pick up dad and mom from the hospital. Knowing him, he would probably be somewhere, making out with his boyfriend and forgot. Luckily, he told me he was on his way back home from the hospital with our parents resting in the backseat. I hung up and pocket the phone. Mark's driver offer to drive me home but I didn't want to be a bother so I decline politely. 

 

The road was getting a bit dark but there are a lot of people out in the street right now. I rush across the road before the signal turn green again and start heading into my neighborhood. My house is still a bit far away so i stop by a bakery to get a bit of cake for the little feast at my house. By the time I left the bakery, I was getting really dark so I hurry home. I was speed walking a bit when I felt hard knock on the back of my head. The impact was really hard and I fell on the ground. Everything got blurry and dizzy.

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" I hear a familiar voice yell. Where did I hear that voice from? "Get away from him. Oh my god, are you ok? Hello, it's an emergency, can you sent an ambulance? Dude, stay with me."

 

The last thing I saw was the flashing of red and blue lights.


 

MARK

 

Strange, I didn't see Donghyuck today. I hope he's ok. Last night, I got a bad feeling after he left and I ask my driver to offer him a drive home. I should have force him to take it. Maybe he got attack or something. , I can't focus on anything. 

 

"Dude, you ok?" Jeno ask me as we were changing into our lacrosse uniform. "You seem out of it today."

 

"Donghyuck didn't go to school today," I answer. "I try calling him but he didn't pick up his phone."

 

"Maybe he's sick," The co-captain replied.

 

"He would at least tell me," I sigh and put on my shoulder gears.

 

"There he is," Jeno pointed to the coach office.

 

Donghyuck is already in his mascot bear outfit and is talking to the coach. They seem to have a really serious conversation, judging from Coach Jongin face. I couldn't take Donghyuck seriously since he's still in the outfit and the goofy face the bear have make me laugh. When I'm finally ready, I rush over to Donghyuck and hug him.

 

"Why weren't you at school today?" I ask him.

 

"I had to... do something so my parents let me miss school," He sound weird but it's probably the muffleness of the bear head. "I promise not to miss your first game of the season right?"

 

"Right," I smile at him. "Can I at least get a kiss from you before the game?"

 

"No, I want your reward to be special," Donghyuck head and ran away.

 

That little teaser. He is so gonna get it after I win this whole thing. Everyone got together in the locker room for the coach before game peep talk. We did our little cheering and rush outside. Suprisingly, a lot of kids at our school came to watch and some parents were cheering already. The game start after a while and we play our hardest.

 

Jeno and Jaemin had a good chemistry on the field. The two of them got us a few points and stop the other team passes every second. Look like getting them together was a good idea. Props to donghyuck. Speaking of which, I was suprise Donghyuck was cheering so loudly. he even did a couple of backflips and other acrobatic moves. Damn, he must be real flexible. Focus Mark focus, you can tap that later if you win.

 

"Game point," The referee announce.

 

Good, we are ahead by two point so if we made this then-

 

"Score!" The whole school roar loudly. I didn't think of it but I made the last point already. "SM Private School win."

 

Everyone cheer and my whole team lifted me into the air. Coach Jongin clap and gave me a thumb up. I try to find Donghyuck in the ridiculous bear costume but I couldn't find it. He must be changing out of it. After the little celebration, everyone change and rush out of the locker room. I spotted Donghyuck but he's still in that costume. Isn't he hot in there?

 

"Hyuckkie, why aren't you changed?" I ran up to him and held the head in place. "I thought you disappear somewhere."

 

"I'm sorry," He said. "But it's really hard to keep going on like this."

 

"What?" I start to get nervous. This is weird, why would he said that right now? "What's hard? We just won our first game."

 

"No, I don't mean that," The bear head come off. "It's me Mark."

 

"Soona? what the hell?" I immediately separate myself from her. "What are you doing here? And where is Donghyuck? What did you do to him?"

 

"Calm down, you're still as loud as ever," She cover her ear. "Let me change and drive you to the hospital. I'll explain on the way."

 

I couldn't do anything so I waited. If you forgotten, Soona is my ex girlfriend and she's kinda a local popstar. Donghyuck and I saw her when we try to spy on Jaeno's date. I'm tapping my feet and pace around waiting for her to get out of the girl locker room. why did she sayshe will take me to the hospital? Did Donghyuck got attack or something? When Soona finally got out of the locker room, she pull me by the wrist to her car before I could speak. As we pull out of the school parking lot, she start to speak.

 

"So last night, I was coming home from a girl night out," She began.

 

"I don't care about that," I exclaimed. "What happen to Donghyuck?"

 

"I'm getting there," Soona yell at me. "As I was saying, I was coming home from a night with my friends when I saw Donghyuck. At firt, I didn't know it was him but he was walking the same way I'm heading. I was looking at my phone but when I look up a guy came out of nowhere and hit Donghyuck in the back of his head."

 

"What?"

 

"Luckily, I yell and some people ran out of their houses to help," She continue. "One of them happen to be a doctor and we call an ambulance. The hospital contacted his family. After a while, he ask for me and thanks me but before I left, he ask me to step in for him as the lacrosse team mascot."

 

"Why would you do that?" I ask. "You hate Donghyuck."

 

"I do but I'm still a human," We parked in the parking lot of the hospital. "He thought if you knew about the accident than you'll rush to the hospital and miss the game. He want me to step in so you can focus and tell you afterward. here we are, Room 127."

 

"Master Lee," Donghyuck's mom walk out of the room. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I heard about the accident, may I visit him?" I ask her.

 

"Of course, come on i," She widen the door for me.

 

"Hyuckkie," I rush inside. The sight in front of my break my heart. Doghyuck is sitting on the hospital bed but his head is bandage. He smile at me but Soona stop him when he try to get up further. "Are you ok?"

 

"I'm fine, sorry I miss your game," He apologize.

 

"Shut up, you're more important," I sat at his feet. Soona and Donghyuck's mother silently creep out of the room. "Are you sure?"

 

"Just a bump on my head," Donghyuck chuckle. "Mom and Dad were make such a big deal out of it. Seungkwan was completely hysterical. They were-"

 

"Stop it Donghyuck," I yell at him. "I could see it. You were scare and try to act tough in front of your family."

 

I relocate myself next to him and hug his head against my chest. He only laugh but I here a hint of fear in his voice. "Mark, what are you doing? Let go."

 

"Just let it out Donghyuck," I whisper to him. "You went through something dramatic. It's not good to keep it in."

 

We were silent for a little bit before I hear sniffling come from him. Donghyuck grip onto my sweats shirt and full out cry. His whole body is visibly shaking. "I was so scare when everything start to get dark. The wailing of the siren make me want to cover my ear but I couldn't. The pain was unbearable. I was thinking about how my family is worrying and their reaction when they got the call. I was also scare of when you find me missing during school. I was so scare."

 

"Shhh, it's ok," I rock him back and fore. "Just let it out. Cry as much as you want."

 

His hiccups got stronger and so does his grip on my shirt. When his breathe got uneven, I pat his upper back to help ease the pain. Something like this is very painful and not easy to forget so I hope he would cry it out to make the pain more bearable. I will be there for him if he need me from now on. 


 

go real really quick. You thought it would be a happy chapter but you are so wrong lol. Everything had been rainbow and sunshine up to this point so I want to throw a little curve ball to mess with your emotion. Anyone got scare? I hope no one was expecting Soona to make an appearance. At first, I was planning to make her a antagonist but I decide against it since I have a soft spot for y girl who are nice on the inside. 

Also, nothing like this ever happen to me so I just want to try to feel what it would be like, Yes, I put myself in the situation that I'm writing about. Anyway, if there's anyone who had something dramatic or life changing like this in your life, be there for them. That's my little quote for today. Hope you have wonderful day, night, whereever you are.

 

FIGHTING!!!