...With the Prologue

The One...

DONGHYUCK 

The school bell ring and I rush to get out of school. I have to get to the Lee mansion before young Master Lee gets home from his school. It's been a month or two since I started working for him. His first name is Mark and he is said to take over his father company when he grows up. The guy is kind of a jerk to me and is kind of a ert. He pinches my on the first day.

 

"Hi everyone," I greet the mansion staffs as I put my backpack in a corner of the storage room and start changing into my butler uniform. "Is he back yet?"

 

"Nope," The head maid replied. "You still time to clean his room."

 

Usually, I clean Mark's room in the morning as he showered but I had to take my father to the hospital for his checkup. That's why I have to rush a bit now. I vacuum and dust the place in less than 20 minutes. It took me a week to know his whole room like the back of my hand, so I know every corner of the room. I even know where he keeps his stacks of girly music.

 

"Here, Donghyuck," Another maid walk in the room with a tray of tea. "I made the tea to save you some time."

 

"Thank you so much, Miss Luna," I accept the tray and set it on the coffee table in the middle of the room. "I think I'm done here."

 

Next is Mark's bathroom. Yes, I have to clean the toilet and bathtub. I rather clean it every day than have it get super dirty. By the time I exit the bathroom, I can hear the sound of the other staffs greet Mark. I didn't wait for him to get to his room before I left and went to the staff room. Before I could catch my breath, the ringing of bell signaling that staff is needed somewhere in the mansion.

 

"It came from the young Master room, so it's for you Donghyuck," The head maid handed me a tray with cakes and cookies. "The young Master must want a snack."

 

It's always a wonder to me how Mark could eat all these sugars but never gain weight. I enter his room and set the tray down next to the tea tray. The guy is sitting on his couch, reading a book. Yes, he has a couch in his room because his room is bigger than an average teen room.

 

"Sit," Mark ordered.

 

I sat down on the opposite armrest from Mark. My guard is up high just in case he tries to do something inappropriate. Just yesterday, I caught him staring as I bent down to pick up something. "How could I be a service?"

 

"Just sit there," He crawls over to my side without looking away from his book. Then he suddenly lay his head on my laps and just stay there, reading casually. "Play with my hair."

 

This is kind of stepping over the line. Even if he asks for it, it's still inappropriate for me to play with his hair. However, Mark glares at me when he looks away from his book so I play with his hair. For a person with dye hair, I expect it to be dry but it's kind of fluffy. We stay like that for a while as Mark keeps flipping through his book.  "Have you finish your homework yet?"

 

"I have none," He replied. "What about you?"

 

"Mine is done," I answered. 

 

Suddenly, a knock on the door caused me to flinch. When Mark's mother walks in, I immediately stood up. I've learned it's unprofessional for me to be in that position with Mark if anyone finds out, even if he was the one request it. Since I stood up so quickly, Mark fell off the couch and landed on the floor. "What the hell was that for?"

 

"Hello, Lady Lee," I bow. 

 

"Mark, get off the floor," She helps her son up. "Hello, Donghyuck."

 

"What's up, Mom?" Mark finally got off the floor. 

 

"Watch your tone mister," His mom shakes her head slowly in a disappointing way. "Your father is hosting a dinner party for the company and he wants you to socialize with the people there, more specifically the other people kids."

 

"Sure, no problem," He grin. "But can I bring a guest."

 

"Who?"

 

"Donghyuck."


MARK

 

 

I know all of you think I'm some kind of a cold-hearted jerk but I'm a nice person when I feel like it. See? I invited Donghyuck to the party, like my date of course. The guy has no say in this since I order it. That's how we end up spending the rest of the day together to get him an outfit for the party. It's formal so we have to find a suit for him. Maybe one that shows off his nice .

 

"What about this one?" Donghyuck pulls out a simple black and white suit. 

 

"Try it on," I nod toward the changing room.

 

The two of us visited my tailor to get Donghyuck's a suit. Since it was on such short notice, we could only get his size and pick out a suit from the selection my tailor already have. As much as he rejects the idea, Donghyuck comes out of the changing room with the suit on. He turns 360 degrees rigidly for me to see.

 

"I don't like it," I said simply. "It doesn't show off your best et."

 

"Why do I need to go to this party again?"

 

"Because I want you to," I shuffle through the rackets of suits and pull a maroon suit. "Try this one."

 

Once again, I wait until he comes out. He did another full turn for me to see. The color is perfect but it still lacks something. I call the tailor over and explain what I want. She nodded and take an identical suit to the back. After a while, she comes back and handed the suit to Donghyuck. 

 

When he emerges from the changing again, I finally see perfection. The old suit was a bit too big so I asked for a slightly smaller size, which shows off Donghyuck's best feature. "Perfect."

 

"Stop staring," He pouts. Cute.

 

"Time to go," I pay and pull him out of the shop after he changes back to his usual cloth. "You need to get me ready now."

 

We got back to the mansion and Donghyuck immediately get to work. The shower was running as I step through the glass shower. When I finish, Donghyuck already had a navy blue suit out. That's perfect since he's wearing a maroon suit.

 

"I didn't think you want us to look like a couple," I wink at him.

 

"No," He was about to grab the suit before I stop him. For once, I dress without his help. "I'm not going as your date, I'm going as your butler."

 

"Not what my friends gonna think," I smirk. "Especially Taeyong."

 

Donghyuck has met a couple of my friends before when they come over. They all thought we were dating. He denied it but I denied his denial and said we are, so that's what they're thinking. 

 

"I'm gonna change now," He was about to leave but I stop him by closing the door. "What? You don't want to be late, do you?"

 

"Why bother leaving?" I point at his suit in his hand. "Change here."

 

"I am not going to change in front of you," Donghyuck scoffs and walks to the bathroom.

 

I pout. It's been a while since I saw Donghyuck's and I miss it. The last time I saw it was when I "accidentally" walk in on him changing after my shower head break and spray water all over him. I don't know why but his is squishy and squeezable. It's not my fault that I was tempted to touch it.

 

"I'm done."

 

"Great, let go, we're late because you took your sweet time."


 

 

"So where's your boyfriend?" Taeyong ask me as I arrive at our little group of teenagers.

 

"He's getting me a drink," I replied.

 

"It's cute how you have someone to take care of you," Taeil comments innocently. "He seems to like you."

 

"You have no idea," I wink.

 

"What did you drug him with to get him?" Yuta joke. "You're a total jerk."

 

"He's into the bad boy type, I guess," I shrugged.

 

"Here's your drink, Master- I mean Mark," Donghyuck coughs. "Hi, everyone."

 

"Hey, Donghyuck," Everyone cheered. They seriously like him more than they like me. 

 

Everyone chat and socialize. Beside us, the other people are old so we kept to ourselves the whole time. Ten and Jaehyun try to feed Donghyuck everything they could get their hand on. Those two baby him a lot. Taeyong and Yuta keep trying to get me to prove Donghyuck is my boyfriend.

 

"Do you guys get turn on seeing me kiss him or something?" I challenged them.

 

"No, it just unbelievable," Yuta laugh. "He's super nice and polite and you are... not the nicest person around."

 

"Whatever," I scoff and pull Donghyuck from Ten's grasp. He turns to me but I kiss him on the lips before he could say anything. "See?"

 

"Mark!" He pushes me away and stood up and left. Crap, I might overstep the boundaries. Everyone at the table got quiet.

 

"He doesn't like PDA," I explained and chases after Donghyuck.

 

After a little searching, I found Donghyuck in the veranda, staring out at the scene of the city. The hotel my father held the party has the best view. 

 

"Why did you leave?"

 

"Why did you kiss me?" He looks serious and angry.

 

"It's not a big deal, geez," I replied. "What? Was that your first kiss or something?"

 

He got real quiet. Oh crap, it was his first kiss. Donghyuck must be one of those people that was their first time of something to be special. He probably saves it for some girl or guy. "Leave me alone."

 

"I'm sorry, ok," I apologize. "I didn't know it meant that much to you."

 

"Forget it," Donghyuck push himself off the veranda bar and headed back to the party. "Come on, your friends probably wonder where you are."

 

"Let's ditch," I pull him toward the back exit. "I'll take you out to dinner. It's the least I can do."

 

He didn't protest so we escape without anyone noticing. Taeyong text me but I just told him we ditch. Since we're in the rich part of the city, finding a fancy restaurant was easy. Luckily, it was my favorite. The waitress there recognize me and led us toward my usual table, near the window.

 

"What can I get for you gentlemen?" She got out a small notepad. "Our specialty today is the seafood salad and pomegranate wine."

 

"I'll have an order of that," I replied and looks over to Donghyuck. "What do you want?"

 

"I'll have a three-cheese Italian Tour," He scans the menu. "With a coke please."

 

The waitress left and we got back to silent. "You know, you work for me for a while but I don't know anything about you."

 

"Why do you need to know?"

 

"I need it, you're very hard to read and it frustrates me," I rest my chin on the palm of my hand. "That's why I tease you a lot. Just to get a little bit of emotion out of you."

 

"What?" He scoffs. "Do you want a life story or something?"

 

This is weird. Usually, I have the upper hand in the conversation, but now, he has it. "That would be a great start."

 

That's how our dinner went on. He told me about his father and family problems. In exchange for his story, I told him mine. I told him how I was under pressure from my father and how my mother forces me to marry. I open up to him even more than I planned. The foods were eaten and the glasses were emptied. 


Strangely enough, I put in 110% effort in the whole chapter. Usually, people say my ending is crap. Hope you like the first chapter. I don't know the personalities of everyone in NCT, so they may be a bit OC. Comment and subscribe, they make me happy. 

 

FIGHTING!!!