...Who’s an Angelic Devil

The One...

MARK

 

I stare blankly at the person who just ran into the room and the person on top of me. Both of them are Donghyuck. There’s two Donghyuck. What’s going on? How could there be two Donghyucks? I could barely keep one of them. Has someone gone back from the future and clone my boyfriend because he's so popular in the future? 

 

“W-What’s going on?” I stuttered. The situation was so strange to me.

 

”Haechan, get off of Mark right now!” The Donghyuck at the door looked angry. I look back at the Donghyuck on top of me to find him smirking like he just achieves an accomplishment. Who’s Haechan?

 

”Don’t spoil my fun, Third Brother,” The Donghyuck on top of me (Haechan) grind on my crotch. An involuntary moan escaped my mouth. 

 

“What happen?” Jungwoo and Yukhei rushed into the room. When they saw the Donghyuck on top of me, they screamed. “SECOND BROTHER!”

 

It took me a solid minute to digest the information. If the Donghyuck on top of me is the infamous Second Brother, why does he look like Donghyuck? My Donghyuck called him Haechan. Even if he’s Donghyuck’s brother, they should’ look like their twin. Wait... Oh my gosh, they are a twin. I quickly pushed Haechan off of me and ran to Donghyuck.

 

“Cutie,” Haechan commented. He jumped off the bed and walked toward me and Donghyuck. “Let me introduce myself so you won’t mistake me for Donghyuck. I’m Haechan, Donghyuck’s twin brother. I also go by Second Brother but I’m not that much older than Donghyuck, just by two minutes.”

 

”Hello,” I replied timidly as I reached out to shake his hand.

 

Haechan smiled sweetly at me, which reminded me of the way Donghyuck smile. However, the moment was gone when he pulled my hand so I stepped out from behind Donghyuck and stood face-to-face with Haechan. He wore a smirk that scares the living hell out of me and whispered close to my ear. “Let me be crystal clear about something. A rich boy like you will get nowhere with Donghyuck while I’m around because sooner or later, either you or your pompous parents will decide to stop this so I suggest you make him happy while you still got a chance.”

 

I couldn’t reply to Haechan because Donghyuck had pulled me away and hugged me protectively. Haechan just looks at me with a smile on his face. The attitude was completely different from when he whispered to me. I was a bit scared by the words that he whispered to me. What does he mean by that? I would never hurt Donghyuck... Would I?

 

“That’s enough Haechan,” Donghyuck hide me away. “Don’t touch him.”

 

”So deep in the rabbit hole, Third Brother,” Haechan chuckled and shook his head. He tapped his finger under Donghyuck’s chin, only to get his hand slapped away.

 

”Don’t tease me,” My boyfriend glared at his twin brother.

 

”Are you mad?” Haechan’s grin matched with the grin of someone who’s plotting something evil. “You’re mad, right?”

 

”Hey kids,” Grandma yelled from downstairs and broke the tense tension in the atmosphere. “Come on down, some of the older townspeople want to see Donghyuck.”

 

From the way the people here interacted with Jonghyuck, I can safely assume that he’s well loved. In contrast, the people avoid contacts with Haechan unless it’s absolutely necessary. The comparison between the two them are like night and day but at the same time, so similar. While they act completely different, the two of them looks so alike that you could easily be mistaken them for one another. I know I did.

 

I stood on the sideline and watched Donghyuck being pinched on the cheeks by aunties and shook hand with uncles. He’s such a different person here as compared to back in the city. I guess it’s because of the familiar atmosphere. I was so engrossed in watching Donghyuck that I didn’t notice Haechan standing next to me.

 

”I stand corrected,” He spoke up and startled me. “You’re no good for him.”

 

”How would you know that?” I almost yelled. “You can’t see the future.”

 

”Be honest with yourself, Mark,” Harchan sighed. “Would your parents let you marry a middle-class boy who hasn’t achieve any outstanding accomplishment? I highly doubt it.”

 

”You just trying to scare me.”

 

”Whatever you say. Just know that I don’t support you and my brother being together. I have no idea what Seungkwan is thinking of letting this happen. If you really set on being with Donghyuck, prove me wrong.”

 

Haechan walked away with a smirk. Who does he think he is? I love Donghyuck with all my heart. There is absolutely no way I would leave him, even if my parents force me to. 

 

My ray of sunshine walked toward me with a smile on his face. “We are gonna hold a small concert tonight.”

 

”Huh?”

 

”Some of the kids and me want to hold a small fun concert tonight,” Donghyuck explained. “It’s just for fun.”

 

”You gonna sing?” I asked.

 

”Yeah and possibly dance as well,” He shrugged.

 

”You can dance?”

 

”Not professionally but it’s just some traditional dance I learned when I was younger.”

 

”I can’t wait.”


 

DONGHYUCK

 

“Donghyuck!” My grandma yelled. “Help clean the house.”

 

”But I just got here,” I retorted. Mark and I were sitting on the wooden chairs outside the house and eat some candies when my grandma force a broom in my hand.

 

”I don’t care, mister,” Grandma got out a duster from a closet. “Don’t think you received special treatment just because you came back from the city.”

 

”What about Mark?”

 

”He’s a guest.”

 

I begrudgingly walked into the living room and started sweeping the floor. From upstairs, I can hear Haechan’s voice singing to the popping music. It was understandable that Mark is a guest but Haechan has to clean too if I’m cleaning. I stomped upstairs to yell at him when I notice the hallway. The floor is sparkling cleaned and the windows are wiped. 

 

“I’m going to go tease you, tease you
I’m going to go tease you say
(sungguridangdangsungdangdang)
I’m going to go tease you, tease you
I’m going to go tease you say,” Haechan sang as he walked out the bathroom with a bucket of water in hand and a mop. His blue and red earphones stuck onto his ear like a spider. 

 

When he hit a high note, I stood there in shock because he sang better than me. Haechan never showed interest in singing because he was always being overshadowed by Seungkwan and I but he’s a great singer. Why didn’t he sing more? 

 

“What’s up, Donghyuck?” Haechan pulled off his earphones when he noticed me. “Don’t dirty the floor I just clean.”

 

”You’re a good singer, why do you never participate in the fun we have back then?”

 

”I didn’t feel like it,” He smirked. “Didn’t want to rub salt into an open wound.”

 

”That can’t be the reason.”

 

”What do you want me to say, Donghyuck?” He spoke calmly but his tone sounded venomous. “I was born in the most unfortunate position of the sibling line, the middle child. And the only middle child at that.”

 

”What does that have to do with anything?” 

 

“Seungkwan is the elder one. The one that set the example and the perfect one. On the other end of the spectrum, you are the youngest, the cute one, and one everybody adores. If I try to outpace Seungkwan, people will tell me to act my age. If I try to outdo you, people tell me to grow up. How do you think that makes me feel? Although I’m barely two minutes older than you, Grandma and other people act like I’m two years older than you.”

 

”But-“

 

”Don’t bother with the sentimental issue,” He scoffed. “I learned not to care anymore. Now go do your chores. And don’t dirty my floor than you already did.”

 

He plugged his headphones back on and ignored me as he dances and wipes the floor as if nothing happens. I stared at him for a while to see a moment of weakness so I can comfort but there was none. Haechan can't seriously accept that people view him as inferior to me and Seungkwan. I walked away from him with a sullen look on my face. Out of our days on Earth together, I never would have thought that Haechan is being overshadowed by his siblings. He's always the wild loud one that wants everyone attention. Wait... Is that why he's loud and wild? To get people attention. When I was growing up, I never had to fight for my parents' affection. It was given naturally. Maybe they paid attention to me more because I was clumsy and a klutz but I doubt they love Haechan any less. However, mom and dad did choose to take me along when we went to the city. Haechan must have feel abandon because of it. 

 

"What's wrong?" Mark asked me when I walked downstairs. 

 

"I'm a bad person," I cried into his arm. Poor guy, he doesn't even know what I am crying about.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"I make my brother's life a living hell."

 

"... I'm sure you're exaggerating," Mark ruffled my hair. "Let's finish cleaning so we can go this party everyone is having."

 

I obeyed Mark's request and start cleaning again. By the time we got the house sparkling, night had started to creep onto the village. Yukhei told me that the party was just a casual thing so we didn't need to dress up, which was good because I didn't bring any party clothes at all, not that I have any. He also said that the party is gonna be in the open field next to the river, outside of the village. The kids didn't want to bother older folks so they party away from the village. The thing that surprised me is that almost everyone here drinks alcohol. I thought they would be more mindful of underage drinking but I found out that the alcohol is actually soju and the adults let the teens drink it. Jungwoo told me that it's fine since their houses are literally a step away so it's not like anyone is driving with under the influence and there isn't much to do around here so the adults let the kids have a little fun. 

 

"It's a surprise we weren't alcoholic," Jungwoo laughed as he set up a table.

 

"I mean we get access to the soju pretty easily so there was no point in indulging in it like there's no tomorrow," Haechan shrugged as he and I carry another table. Mark is carrying the chairs from the village storage room.

 

"Mom and Dad would flip if they knew you drink," I commented.

 

"It's not like I get buzzed every day," Haechan unfolded the table. "We also have rice wine and rice juice if you can't handle soju, but we don't have beers and whiskey because  those are disgusting."

 

"How cultural of you," Mark commented as he set out the chairs.

 

We help the other guys set up the place. There were about a dozen of tables with small chairs surrounding them. Four poles formed a rectangular shape to hand up the lights that look strangely similar to Christmas lights. There are also bright white lamps that illuminated the whole place. A stage was placed in "front" with some musical instruments on the side so I assume there will be a show where people will participate. I could sing for them if they make me.

 

Jungwoo brought out some speaker system and hooked it up to a microphone. He tapped the microphone to get our attention. There are about twenty-ish people and they're all teens. "Alright, alright, alright kids. You know the rules. Don't bother the adults when you go back home and don't make a mess. Also, no skinny dipping in the river, I'm looking at you Yukhei."

 

Everyone laughed and Yukhei flipped Jungwoo the middle finger. Something like that must have happened before and I missed it. A couple of guys came with cased of the soju and rice wine, enough for everyone. I was amazed because Jungwoo's family made this because I could see their logo on the boxes. The alcohol was in a fat porcelain bottle with a red plug. When Haechan poured some in my cup, I can smell the sweetness in the liquid. It wasn't like the strong odor I thought all alcohol has. 

 

"Don't get addicted," My twin brother whispered to me before drinking the soju from his cup. "This how the country folks party."


 

Finally, sorry it took so long. Before you come at me with torches and pitchfork, just know that I don't really care about teen drinking and stuffs like that. Don't act like all teens are a saint, the majority of them drinks, let be honest with ourselves. At least, I tried to make a good scene out of it. If someone is being responsible while drinking, then have at it. Definitely not driving and drinking. 

 

Besides that, how did you guys like the chapter? Haechan and Donghyuck are twins. I got the idea while watching Vampire Diary. Since my main character is somewhat of a Mary Sue, I need another character that contradict him to make it interesting. I made Donghyuck likable and love by all characters so Haechan is the opposing force. The ironic thing is that they look similar so Haechan has the power to ruin Donghyuck if he chooses to, which keep Donghyuck and the readers on edge because you never know if I ever pull a switcheroo between them.

 

To make something clear, Jungwoo and Yukhei will be reoccurring characters and Haechan will be a main character, like Donghyuck and Mark. I don't remember if I had told you guys this but there will be time skip coming soon-ish, so watch out. Comment and tell me what you like or dislike. There need to be more Markhyuck in this world.

 (Haechan)

(Donghyuck)

So I'm writing a fantasy Markhyuck on the side but it's not on AFF or anywhere at all. How many of you woud be actually interested in something like that? It's like a cross Harry Potter, My Hero Academia, and Fairy Tail. 

FIGHTING!!!