...That Got Marry

The One...

DONGHYUCK

 

Lunch wasn't pleasant. Chenle and Jisung keep on fighting and I just sat between them awkwardly eating. The entire time, I was too busy thinking of a way to make it up with Mark. Of course, I could let him see me but I want to save that for something serious. Somehow, my train of thoughts goes back to that maroon suit Mark bought for me that first date we went to. An idea pop in my head right away.

 

"Hyung, can we hang out after theater club?" Jisung asks when the bell ring. Chenle looks at me with a spark in his eyes. I'm not gonna lie but these two kids are cute when they're not fighting. 

 

"Sorry, I have to do something after school and I won't be at theater club," I replied.

 

"But we have the play audition today," Chenle reminds me. "You can't miss that."

 

Darn it, I thought to myself. It seems like I have to get Jeno and Jaemin to help me. Maybe I should ask the hyung to help me too. The only problem is to make sure Mark doesn't know. As I sat in class, next to my sulking boyfriend, I come up with the plan. I wrote it on a piece of paper and pass it to Jaemin when Mark isn't looking. 

 

"What are you guys reading?" Mark ask us as Jaemin pass the note to Jeno.

 

"Nothing," Jaemin smile innocently. "Just an inside joke."

 

"What joke?" My boyfriend sat straight up. "I wanna know." 

 

"You won't get it," Jeno hid the note in his pocket.

 

This got Mark even more depress. I wanna cuddle with him because he looks like a sad puppy right now. However, I have to keep it platonic to surprise him later. The three of us text all the hyungs and tell them the plan. Ten told us Taeyong broke down crying in the middle of class as he read the message. Yuta, on the other hand, screams in the middle of class. Everything is good to go.

 

"Alright, let the audition commence," Our theater director cheerfully cheer. "The judge will be me and the person who came up with the idea, Donghyuck."

 

Although it threw a wrench in my plan, I happily sat down next to the director. If I can make the process faster, then it'll be easier. After school end, Chenle and Jisung appear in my class again and drag me to theater club. Each audition wasn't horrible, in fact, they were really good. Of course, Chenle and Jisung were above everyone else for the role of Romeo. I was there to give a second opinion to the director so I wouldn't be involved in picking the cast, that's the director job. Half of the time, I just text Jaemin and everyone else. 

 

Group Name: Everyone except Mark.

 

Jaemin: Ok, I got the rings. 

 

Jeno: I got the place you booked for the evening. 

 

Taeyong: My baby is growing up.

 

Jaehyun: Take Mark out on a date before so it leave us enough time. 

 

Donghyuck: Ok!

 

Jaemin: RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

 

Jeno: Calm down Jaemin. Donghyuck, Mark is heading your way to pick u up from your club. 

 

Just as I got that text, Mark appears in the amphitheater. He sat down next to me and we held hands. It was visible to anyone but Chenle and Jisung glare at us. I don't care about them right now. As the director struggle to make his choices, I talk to Mark.

 

"Wanna go out tonight?"

 

"Really?" Mark's face lit up. "I'm usually the one that asks you out."

 

"Do you want to, though?" I repeat. "I'll ask mom to let me stay overnight too."

 

"Really?" He grins widely.

 

"We are not having ," I shut him down.

 

Ohh," Mark pouted but he hugs me. "At least, I get a cuddle."

 

"Ok then," I ruffle his hair.

 

After the director finally made his choice, Jisung was chosen to be Romeo. To appease Chenle, the director has him in charge of make-up. His cosmetic company will profit from this at least. I sneak out before I was stopped by the two devils. Mark followed me close behind. We got back to our own place and change into our clothes for our date. I'm gonna bring Mark to a fast-food place since I'm no that rich. 

 

"Donghyuck, Mark is here," I could hear Seungkwan yelling from downstairs. Darn him and his high-pitch tenor voice.

 

"Wait wait wait wait," I jump out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. After rushing into my room, I throw on my clothes, which I already set out. "Alright good to go."

 

"Then let go," Mark's voice cause me to jump two feets into the air.

 

"How long have you stand there?" I threw the closest thing to me, which was my underwear.

 

He caught it before it hit his face. "Not long enough to see your y . I should have your brother to let me in faster. I'm gonna keep this by the way."

 

"No, you're not," I stole back my underwear and threw it in the laundry basket. "Let go now."

 

 As we walk out the door, I say bye to Seungkwan, but I doubt he hears me with Mingyu around. At least I know there's gonna be someone home when Mom and dad come back from the hospital. That remind me. Dad is getting much better and the doctors told mom they're coming up with a cure for his illness. 

 

"What do you want babe?" Mark elbow me as we stood in line at McDonald near the real destination.

 

"Chicken McWrap," I answer. "What about you?"

 

"Same thing," He wrap an arm around me. "That's the only good thing here."

 

"Two McWrap please," I told the cashier girl, who seems to be too busy looking at Mark. She even presses the wrong order but luckily, she correct it. Mark notice this too and he laughs as we wait for the order, I paid of course. The same girl gave our order and stare a bit too long at Mark again.

 

"Let go, baby," Mark kiss my cheek in front of the girl. We ate and talk about random things. "I forgot to tell you. I've got you yellow daisy earlier but Seungkwan already put them in a vase in your kitchen."

 

"Thank Mark," I pinch his cheek. "You're a real romancist under all that ertedness."

 

"Does that mean-"

 

"We are not having ," I shut him down again.

 

 "Worth trying," He grins and shrugs. We finished and threw our trash away. "Where to next?"

 

Jaemin and the other didn't text me yet so I have to distract Mark until then. I took him to the park nearby and we walk around. It's a beautiful night and we are all alone. This looks like a scene from a movie.  Like when the girl got cold and the guy wraps his scarf around her. For a moment, I thought Mark was gonna do it but he suddenly grab his crotch.

 

"Sorry babe, I gotta go pee," He quickly rush to the nearby public bathroom. of course, he would ruin the moment because of his bladder. I'm going to smack him when he comes back. My phone suddenly buzz.

 

Jaemin: Everything is ready.

 

I smile at my phone and look up to find Mark running back. "Whatcha smiling about?"

 

"It's a beautiful night and I'm looking for something dumb to do," I told him. "Would you do it with me?"

 

"Of course," He pecks my lips. "What do you want to do?"

 

"Come on," I grab his wrist and ran to the real destination of the date.

 

We ran to a small building down the boulevard, which is a little chapel. It was empty which is good because no one will know. Mark look a bit confused when I open the door and pull him inside. The light suddenly turn on and all of our friends are sitting in rows of wooden seats. 

"Hyuckkie, what's this?" Mark chuckles lightly.

 

"I know you're mad about this morning so I want to do something special," I replied. Mark look past me to see Jeno holding up the note from earlier and everything sink in. 

 

"Babe, you don't have to do all this," He held my hand.

 

"I want to have a fake wedding with you since we aren't old enough to have a real one," I push him up to the front of the chapel. "I'll be right back."

 

Jaemin went to my house while we were out on the date and got the maroon suit. Jeno is getting Mark in the suit that he wore for our first date. I paid Jaemin back with whatever I have in my pocket for all the stuff Jeno and he have to buy. Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket a cash we can blow. No one will know. As I enter the chapel again, "Marry You" by Bruno Mars was playing in the background. Ten and Taeil are singing along to it as I walk up to the front, where Mark is waiting. 

 

"I'll go get a ring," Jaemin quickly ran away.

 

"Let skip all the whole thing and get to the good part," Jeno stood in front of his. "Mark, would you take Donghyuck to be your husband with the approval of your friends? In health, in sickness, and maybe even death."

 

"I do," Mark smile cheekily.

 

"Yo, what about you, Donghyuck?" Our "priest" snap at me.

 

"Of course, I do ," I snap back.

 

"Kiss already."

 

Mark act a bit shy and lean forward to kiss me. Everyone cheer in the background but to me, it seems like it's just the two of us. When we parted, Jaemin comes back and handed me a box. I open it to see a toy ring in the velvet box. It's a metal ring with Donghyuck engraved on it. I put it on Mark and he did the same. My ring had Mark engraved on it.

 

"Cake time," Jaehyun rolls a cart with a small wedding cake out. On top of it, there are two toy grooms in a suit similar to ours standing side-by-side. 

 

Everyone sit around and eat the cake. Ten pull out a bottle of champagne but we found out it just apple juice. We got music playing and everyone dance around. About an hour later, we got kick out for being loud and everyone went back home. Mark called his driver and we went back to his house. Once again, his parents weren't home so we just got greeted by a bunch of maids. 

 

"I'm tired," I jump on Mark's soft bed. 

 

We change and Mark give me his warm pajamas. His smell is all over the shirt and I couldn't help myself. We got under the cover and Mark scoop closer to me. He is the bigger spoon. 

 

"If we wake up and you wanna break up, that's cool," I sing to the "Marry You" song. "No, I won't blame you."

 

"It was fun," Mark sing the last part as we drift to sleep. "Oh, it's a beautiful night. We're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. Is it the look in your eyes? Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby. I think I wanna marry you."


 

This whole chapter wasn't planned. I was listening to music and "Marry You" came up. I just thought it was cute. The whole scene got me feeling really happy. Imagine if any K-pop couples, gay or straight, actually did this. That would be the cutest thing ever. 

 

If any of you guys have a bad day, I hope this chapter got you smiling. That's my main goal. To make anyone who read this story smile, even for just a bit. Happiness is a positive emotion. Subscribe and comment :) Love you all.

 

Thirdly, I made a new NCT fic called "Food War!!!" Please check it if you want more NCT-ness, especially NCT Dream.

 

FIGHTING!!!