...Who Received Much Loves

The One...

DONGHYUCK 

 

It's been a couple of weeks since my hospitalization. I move back to my house after the doctor was sure I don't have any cracks on my skull. Mark spend most of his time taking care of me even though I keep telling him it's no big deal. He's like my personal therapist and we talk about the incident daily to get me mentally over the attack.

 

"Honey, you'll be late," My mom knock gently on my door. "Mark came to pick you up. He's downstairs."

 

My parents are suspicious of my relationship with Mark but I assure them we're only friends. Neither of them know the two of us are dating. I change into my uniforms and rush downstairs. Mark stood there in his perfection waiting. He smile at me when I got to the living room. When both of my parents back are turn, Mark stole a quick peck in the cheek.

 

"Taeyong and the other guys keep asking about you," He told me as we walk to the car. "They miss you, especially since I won't shut up about you."

 

"I miss them too," I replied. "Anything happen at school?"

 

"Remember the two Chinese guys I meet at one of the company dinner," He ask and I nodded. "Apparently, they move to our school. They're in the same grade at Jaehyun and the other."

 

 "That's cool," I commented. "Our groups just got more diverse."

 

The ride to school was filled with Mark's chattering but I like it. It might sound cliché and weird but I like hearing him talk. He told me how Jaemin was worrying about me and Jeno save some of his notes for me during class. When we got to school, I was bombarded by Jaemin, who jump on me as I took a few step into the school.

 

"Are you hurt?" He cried. "Please don't have amnesia. I'm Jaemin remember, I used to hate you but now we are like best friends forever."

 

"Calm down Jaemin, I didn't have amnesia," I pat his back and hand him back to Jeno, who was behind him. "Good to be back with the living."

 

"Good to have you back, Donghyuck," Jeno said and smile brightly.

 

"You think this is too much?" Mark laugh beside me. "Wait until you get to the hyungs."

 

We went to school and Mr.Do give me a look of acknowledgement before starting the class. Everything seem to be back to normal and I'm glad it did. Due to how I was raised, I don't want people to give me special treatment just because something happen to me. The only special treatment I want is from Mark, who is currently scooting his desk closer to mine than it should be. He might as well push our desks together to form one big desk.

 

"Alright, class is over," Mr.Do concluded the lesson about trigonometric angles. "Go to lunch. Donghyuck please come up here to get the works you miss."

 

"Yes sir," I walk up to the teacher desk and accept a pile of paper. However, on top of the papers is a note. When I got back to my desk, I open the note and it brought a smile on my face. It's a get-well-soon letter and everyone in class sign it. Although I don't talk a lot in class, it was nice knowing they took their time making this. Mr.Do sign in the top left corner while Jaemin got the big space in the middle and Jeno is right under him. 

 

"Let go to lunch now," Mark grab my hand and we walk through the hall, followed by the Jaeno couple. "The hyungs wouldn't stop texting me."

 

It was the most embarrassing thing ever. All the hyungs come up with a welcome back party, school edition. They have our table decorated and a gaint cake on the table with party plates and catered foods trays. Where I usually sit, there's a big banner with "Donghyuck is back B*tches" written on it. At least they got my sassy attitude right.

 

"We miss you," Taeyong jump on me. "You don't have amnesia do you? I'm Taeyong remember? Your favorite hyung."

 

Taeyong could literally be the future version of Jaemin. "I don't have amnesia hyung but thank for worrying about me."

 

"He wouldn't shut up about it," Jaehyun shook his head. "Welcome back kid."

 

Yuta and Taeil got everyone to sit down and we start eating. I could tell this is high quality catering. The foods were amazing and the cake was awesome. Everyone chat and talk about everything. I also notice two new faces at our table. It must be the two transfer students Mark was talking about. I'll ask more about them later. Knowing Taeyong, he probably invite them over to his house soon. As everyone talk, one of the topic caught my ear. It's about a pair of sophomores who hated each other.

 

Ten told me that at SM private school, there are two boys who are the literal definition of enemies. One of them is Jisung and the other is Chenle. All of them warn me not to get caught up in their war. Even Mark seem a little afraid of them. They must be a big deal.

 

"Lunch is over," Mark said as everyone clean up the mini-party. "I want the banner."

 

"Why?" I ask as he rolled up the banner and carry it on his right shoulder. 

 

"Souvenir," He grin at me. "I'm gonna start a collection of memories of us together."

 

"You are such a cheeseball," I commented. "Let go to class before Mr.Do think we are ditching. Jeno and Jaemin left already."

 

"They're probably off somewhere making out," Mark gave me the banner. "Hold this, I need to use the restroom. Don't go anywhere."

 

He peck my cheek and ran to the restroom nearby. I just stood where I was before to wait for him. Suddenly, a chill ran down my spine. I look around but all I see are groups of students talking to each other, nothing's out of the ordinary. 

 

"Oh my gosh, look!" Someone gasp. "It's Jisung."

 

 I look at one end of the hall and a really young boy appear. He had blonde curly hairs and had a shota boy style outfit. His skin is literally flawless. It make me really question whether he hit puberty yet. Jisung was followed by a couple other boys who look like his lackeys.

 

"Oh no, it's Chenle," Another student gasp. 

 

When I turn my head to the other direction, a boy with the same fearful presence walk in the hall. He had a similar style to the other boy but I could tell the small distinct differences. His hair is more orange-ish and comb straight up. Chenle also have some followers with him. 

 

Before I could remove myself from the hallway, like other students did, I found myself could in the middle of the whole situation. It mean I'm stuck right where the two groups meet. I have nowhere to go and where is Mark? Help!!!

 

"Do you have nothing better to do but block other people way?" Jisung ask in a very sarcastic tone. He slide his hair behind his ear.

 

"Oh I'm sorry," Chenle answer with an equally sarcastic voice. He ran his finger theough his hair. "I must have miss a head full of noodles."

 

That wasn't nice at all. These two seem to dislike each other a lot from the stare they gave each other. "At least I don't have buck teeths." Burrrnnnnnn!!!

 

Although the two boys glare at each other, their lackeys and followers are fighting all over the hall. It's kinda like a metaphor for how the two boys are in a war with each other. This is not a good situation to be in right now. What's taking Mark so long? Suddenly, a hand grab me and pull me away.

 

"Sorry Hyuckkie," Mark apologize when we got out of that hallway. "I didn't know what happen outside. The salmon from lunch gave me a stomache."

 

"It's fine," I handed back the rolled up banner. "What happen back there?"

 

"That's one of the weekly war between Jisung and Chenle," He explains as we walk to class. "Those two are really popular at this school. Both are kid of big companies CEO."

 

"Rich pompous kids," I murmur under my breathe.

 

"Not me right?" Mark ask me cutely while cling onto my arm.

 

"Sometime," I peck his lips. "Can you tell me more about them?"

 

"Jisung is the son of the CEO of Park Cosmetic," We cut a corner toward our class hallway. "His mother was once a Ms.South Korea and he even own a line of cosmetic himself. His popularity skyrocketed when a producer shot an advertisement of him and his product line. Jisung have a scary side though. Once someone purposely got ink on his shirt and the person disappear."

 

We walk into class and apologize to Mr.Do for being late. Mark told him about he situation. At first, I didn't think he would buy it but Mr.Do seem scare for a moment. I guess the two sophomores have a lot of power at this school. 

 

"Anyway, Chenle is just as powerful," Mark continue as we sit down for the self study. "He move here from Chine because his father want to expand their Le Beauty company to South Korea. He's the sole controller of the Korea branch. Chenle got more fan when a magazine cover feature him on it. Anyone who got on his bad side get punish severely, like when someone rib his nametag. We never hear from that person again."

 

"Is it really that serious?"

 

"Both are just as popular and scary," Mark copied down some note on the board. "Even I'm not as rich as they are. Make sure you never cross path with them, ok? I want to spend more time with you."

 

"Of course," I held out my pinky and Mark did the same. This is like our version of holding hand. 


 

Being the lacrosse mascot was a fail for me. Since I was in the accident, Coach Jongin fear that being in the costume might cause a heat or something for me. He had to resigned me from that spot so I don't have anything to do after school. Luckily, Mark sign me up for helping out the theater club. It's only for a while until we can get back into the bear costume. 

 

That's how I fine myself sitting with a bunch of kids in the amphitheater. The club advisor is explaining about the month project. They're putting a play on based on Romeo&Juliet but the catch is it will be in full English. 

 

"I think it's best if Chenle play the role of Romeo since he's good in English," The advisor look at his clipboard. "Are you ok with that Chenle?"

 

"Of course sir," I turn around to see one of the two troublemakers from earlier. The other one was also here, sitting a few feets away.

 

"Excuse me sir," Jisung suddenly raise his hand and speak in English. "I'm a better English speaker, so I believe I can perform the role of Romeo better. He doesn't seem to fit the role, visually."

 

I understand a handful of that because Mark know English. It was a very civil thing to say, especially in from of the teacher. However, it didn't seem like the advisor understand it. 

 

"I might not fit the role visually," Chenle smirk. "But I don't think Romeo is a b*tch like him."

 

"S-Someone translate thing for me," The advisor look around, panicking. Suddenly he point at me. "You, translate this."

 

"Umm, uh," Now's it's my turn to panick. How can I tell her that these two aren't being very nice to each other? A lightbulb suddenly blight on top of my head. "Well, J-Jisung also want to play the part of Romeo and C-Chenle propose a casting audition to make it fair for everyone."

 

"Oh, that's a great idea," No duh. "Alright then, we'll set up the audition tomorrow. Everyone is dismiss."

 

As all the students exit the amphitheater, they gave me thumb up. I just prevent a war from happening. Soon, I was the last time leave since Mark won't be out from practice yet. 

 

"Hey," Chenle's voice cause me to froze up. "Why did you lie?" 

 

"I feel like it's better to lie in that situation," I answer as he sat down on the stage next to where I am sitting. 

 

"Haven't your mom tell you not to lie? Especially to adult?"

 

"I don't consider it a lie if it help someone," I finally look at him straight in the eyes. "Like you, if I tell the truth, you would be in trouble and lost your chance to be cast."

 

"I have to thank you then," Chenle smile at me. He reach into his pocket and pull out a small choclate bar. "For you."

 

"T-Thank you," I accept the candy. 

 

"You're a nice guy," He commented. "Stay that way."

 

After that, he left. Maybe Mark was wrong. Chenle seem like everyone else, misunderstood. He build up a scary exterior but he just need someone to lower that wall for. He just need a close friend, not followers.

 

I still have a bit of time before Mark finish his practice so I might as well walk over there. However, on my way there, I have a nature call and had the urge to pee. I ran into the closes bathroom. I wasn't expecting Jisung to be there, washing his hand.  We notice each other but I rush to one of the stall to release my extra fluid. I didn't expect Jisung's lackeys to also be in the stalls next to me.

 

"What do you think of that Donghyuck guy?" Lackey A ask.

 

"He's completely ordinary, nothing special," Lackey B answer

 

Jisung suddenly clear his throat rather loudly.

 

"Who does he think he is?" Lackey A laugh. "Jisung obviously deserve that role."

 

"He's just too stupid to comprehend the situation."

 

"Uh hm," Jisung clear his throat even louder this time.

 

"Jisung, are you ok?" Lackey B ask. "Do you need a cough drops?"

 

I shamefully exit my stall. It really hurt to hear what other people think of you, even if they have no idea who you are. Of course I have confident and proud artitude but it still hurt. While trying not to make any sound of my presence, I wash my hands and about to exit when someone grab my wrist. 

 

"Not everyone in the world is like that," Jisung still stand where he was, only his hand move to grab my wrist. "You're a nice person for what you did back in the theater. Don't listen to what other people say, unless they know and accept you, ok?"

 

I couldn't answer so I just nodded.

 

"There are nice people out there," He held out his hand. A pack of gum sat on top of it. "Be friend with those people and stay the way you are. For you."

 

I look at the gum for a moment before accepting them. Although Jisung is younger than me, he seem to be much more mature than I first thought. I smile at him before exiting the bathroom. 

 

On my way to the lacrosse field, I stare at the choclate bar and the pack of gum. What does it mean? Do they want to be friend with me? Maybe, just maybe I can get them to get along and the war can stop. From the sound of it, everyone at school is affected by the war. I could be the one that stop the war. 

 

"Hey babe," I look up to find Mark smiling brightly at me. He held out his hand. "Really to go home?"

 

Maybe I should worry about that later. What's important now is Mark. I put the candies back into my bags and accept the hand he held out. "Let go home."


 

Not to be narcissistic but I love this chapter I just wrote. It feel satisfyingly great. Like I got to introduce new characters and wrap up some unite ends from last chapter. Also, I open up a couple doors to new storyline. 

Btw, who know what drama I use the idea from? Comment down below if you do. If you don't, comment anyway. I love to read your comments. Ok maybe I'm a bit narcissistic :P

 So excited for "Chewing Gum"

 

FIGHTING!!!