0.7

King [Taoris]

Tao slid off Yifan's back as they landed in the mouth of a cave in the mountain side. Yifan slid a dagger out of his belt as he stared into the unknown darkness of the cave. Tao patted his head, motioning for him to put the dagger away.

"Mama?" Tao called into the darkness. Yifan stiffened when he heard scuffling and the faint sound of footsteps. He held his breath as the footsteps came closer. Tao smiled widely as a large black panther stepped out into the light. It's sleek coat shone black, letting it blend in with the shadows. Yifan stared into its glowing yellow eyes. He felt like this panther was wiser than any other normal panther. Sehun retracted his wings back into his body as the panther flicked its tail, heading back into the darkness.

Yifan put a hand out, letting a flame burst to life in his palm. It lit up a few feet in front of them, and let them see where they were stepping. The panther led them deeper and deeper into the cave until a dull green light illuminated from ahead of them.

"Put out that fire child."

Yifan jumped when he heard a low silky voice. The voice was feminine and sounded like the owner was only a few feet in front of them. Yifan put out the fire and stuffed his hands in his pockets. The green light shone brighter, illuminating the cave but Yifan still couldn't see where the voice was coming from.

"What gives me the pleasure of a visit from three handsome princes?"

The voice spoke up again. Tao knelt down on his knees, Sehun doing the same. Yifan dropped to his knees as well, not wanting to offend the voice.

"Mama, we come to request your assistance."

"Mmm I see, what is it?"

Sehun gulped, "The night dwellers are back, and in bigger numbers. They will soon move to the village. We have to stop them."

"I see you want another charm to strength the borders?"

Tao nodded, "Yes mama."

The panther disappeared into the shadows and came back seconds later with a pouch in its mouth. He dropped it in front of Yifan, who picked it up.

"Smash this on the ground in the middle of the castle."

Tao bowed his head, "Thank you mama."

Sehun stood up and Tao followed. Yifan was about to stand up when the voice called out.

"Wait!"

Yifan froze and turned back around.

"You....Have you developed all your powers yet?"

Yifan nodded, "As far as I know, yes."

The voice hummed a reply. It was silent for a while before she responded, "I'm warning you Wu Yifan, you're not done. I have a feeling, something more powerful is coming your way."

"What do you mean more powerful?"

The voice sighed, "I cannot tell you child. That would be bending the laws of the gods above. You have to figure it out yourself."

Yifan bowed and walked away, confused about what the witch had just said.

Sehun took the pouch from Yifan, "I'll go first, I'm faster."

Yifan nodded and let Sehun take off like a bullet. In only seconds, he was out of view.

Tao turned to Yifan with a worried expression on his face, "Do you know what mama means by you're not done?"

Yifan shook his head, "I don't know and I'm frightened to know what she means."
 

By the time Tao and Yifan landed back in the castle, the night dwellers were flying away, getting repelled by a glowing blue force surrounding the whole castle and the village as well as a couple fields




By the time Tao and Yifan landed back in the castle, the night dwellers were flying away, getting repelled by a glowing blue force surrounding the whole castle and the village as well as a couple fields.

Yifan landed and let Tao off his back. Yixing raced to the princes who just came back and hugged them both tightly.

"Oh thank god! I was so worried when only Sehun came back."

Jumyeon patted Yifan's shoulder, "You did well son."

Yifan bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement. Yixing patted both their arms, "Come, our army is cleaning the premise up. It's high time you both have breakfast." 

Tao and Yifan went to their respective chambers to shower and change

Tao and Yifan went to their respective chambers to shower and change. Tao hissed when he pulled off the sweatshirt. There was a long cut on the side of his body. It was deep and slightly bubbling with grey wisps of smoke. He washed away the dirt, grime and dried blood caked on his wound but the wisps of smoke wouldn't wash away.

Tao sighed and pulled on jeans before grabbing Yifan's sweatshirt along with his own tunic. He walked downstairs slowly, making sure he didn't move his body too much at a time. The cut was stinging, now that he was aware of it. He made his way to the dining hall and limped through the open doors. Yifan was the first to see the long cut.

"Tao!" 
Yifan raced to Tao's side and wrapped an arm around his bare waist, holding him up. Tao leaned against Yifan as the pain got worse.

"M-mom." He cried out, stretching his hand out towards his mother who just looked up.

Yixing stood up in shock as he ran towards his wounded son. Tao could see Yixing open his mouth to say something but his eyesight failed him. His head slumped as he lost consciousness.