3.6

King [Taoris]

The ten seconds that took the stranger to slide off his horse and approach Tao felt like an eternity. His senses were on edge and he wanted to attack, but Yixing wrapped an arm around his waist, firmly keeping him in place. 

The stranger's eyes were crescent shaped, like he was smiling underneath his mask. He reached up and pulled off the cloth that was covering his face. 

Tao's eyes widened as he took in the stranger. 

He was tall, like Yifan. 
Had upturned lips and high cheekbones like Jongdae. 
Large, doe eyes like Luhan.
Bigger than average ears like Chanyeol and plump lips like Kyungsoo. 

"Father?" Luhan was the first to snap out of his trance. He dropped his sword as he ran to his father's embrace. 

  Chanyeol was quick to follow and even Kyungsoo sheathed his knifes and joined the hug. 

Yifan left Tao's side and wrapped his arms around his father. Jongdae pretended to gag as he approached his father but gave him a hug nevertheless. 

Tao's breath hitched when he caught the King of the east's eye. He smiled, looking like an older version of Jongdae as he held out an arm. 

"My beautiful Tao, how are you?" 

Tao dropped his bow and kneeled down, his knee touching the ground, his head bent, "My king, how do you know of me?" 

The king let out a loud chuckle and Tao stiffened when he felt hands on his shoulders, slowly tugging him up.

"Don't be so formal with me! You are my son in law. Call me Roan."

Tao grinned as Roan brought him into a bone crushing hug.
Yifan whined as he pulled at Tao's sleeve, "Father leave him! You're going to kill him."

Roan chuckled as he let Tao go. The younger stumbled and fell into Yifan's arms, a smile still wide on his face. 

Joonmyeon spread his arms as a welcome, "Come Raon! I shall have a feast prepared in your name."

Raon smiled as he held Joonmyeon's arm, "I would be honored to be your guest."

 

Tao sighed deeply as he lowered himself in the scalding water. 

It had been weeks since he had a proper bath and now he finally got the chance to sit in his tub, play some soothing  music and enjoy water. 

Tao hummed along to the song as he uncapped a bottle of soap. He brought it under his nose, taking in the smell of fresh honey and roses. Tao flipped the bottle upside down, grinning as the potion fizzed into bubbles. In seconds, the once clear water was now a plethora of light pink and gold bubbles.

Oh how Tao loved his magic bubble soap. 

He sighed, sinking lower into the water, until only his neck and head were visible. Tao closed his eyes, letting the hot water relax his tense muscles.

 

 

Yifan sniffed the air as he entered Tao and his chamber. He grinned when he smelt Tao's favorite bubble soap. 

He stalked towards the bathroom door, pushing it open. Yifan peered through the crack to see Tao in the bathtub, eyes closed and surrounded by bubbles. 

"Oh peaaach." Yifan called out with a playful tone. 

Tao opened one eye to see Yifan standing by the bathroom door. 

"Can I come in?" Yifan asked, one foot already inside.

"Even if I say no, you would still come in wouldn't you?"

".....yes?" 

Tao sighed as he sank lower in the bubbles, hiding the grin that dawned on his face. 

Yifan smiled, knowing that Tao didn't mind at all and walked inside. He shut the door slowly behind him and kneeled next to the bathtub. Yifan took Tao's hand which was resting on the edge and pulled it towards his mouth, leaving chaste kisses on the knuckles before dropping it. 

Tao's cheeks flushed red as he tried to keep his eyes shut and look unfazed. 

"Shame, there had to be bubbles." 

Tao gasped and smacked Yifan's arm. The older male let out a childish whine as he held his arm, complaining that Tao didn't love him enough. 

Tao rolled his eyes and pulled Yifan down by the cloth on his chest. He placed a deep kiss on Yifan's mouth before letting the latter go, "Is that loving enough for you?"

Yifan froze, his hand slowly tracing his lips. Tao rarely initiated the kiss. Yifan was on cloud 9. 

He pulled off the strings of his cotton tunic before shrugging it off. Yifan kicked off his boots before putting one foot in the bathtub. 

Tao's eyes shot open as he squealed. The water and bubbles flowed over the edge of the tub as Yifan lowered himself onto Tao. 

Tao let out loud laughs as Yifan nuzzled his neck, "Yifan! Stop it...." He burst out into a fit of giggles as Yifan pressed butterfly kisses on his throat, "You'll...You'll flood the bathroom!"

"Whoops." Yifan shrugged before connecting their lips once more.

 


Jay's stomach churned as he stood by the door, listening to the king of the east and west catch up. 

Kai was next to him, grinning and clearly enjoying this reunion. Luhan on the other hand kept a close eye on the werewolf, still not trusting him.
His hand was on his stomach protectively as he glared at Jay. Xiumin noticed his (now) fiancé's mood dampening and got up, leaving his father's side. 

He stood next to Luhan, curving a hand around the latter's thin waist and letting his hand rest on top of Luhan's. 

Luhan looked to the side to see Xiumin grinning proudly at their entangled hands on Luhan's stomach. 

Even if the baby was an accident, Xiumin would love it more than he loved himself.

Jay watched the pair in envy, jealous bubbling like boiling water. He earned a spot close to the king but he was beginning to regret accepting it. He had to witness first hand the bond the twelve shared. The bond that each couple shared. 

It made Jay crave for love even more. 

It made him crave for Tao even more.

The doors burst opened as Yifan waltzed in, Tao in his arms. 

The taller male was carrying Tao like a princess, twirling him around the room, laughing and pressing light kisses on his face. Yifan looked absolutely radiant. The Kings chuckled, watching their lovesick heirs. 

Jongdae snorted, "Really you two? When dad came to visit?"

Yifan turned bright red as he gently placed Tao down on the couch next to Yixing, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Kai smirked, "Oh please, Tao is wearing the shirt you were wearing earlier and he's practically glowing."

Jay subconsciously clenched his fist when he noticed Kai was right. Tao was wearing the same cotton tunic Yifan was wearing in the morning. It was loose and hung off his shoulder. Tao had tucked it in, probably hoping that it would seem a little less big. Jay would have found it adorable but Tao was wearing Yifan's shirt. 

Kyungsoo piped up from the corner, "Yea. You two should work on being quieter too. "

"WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW." Yifan yelled, fighting down the intense blush in his cheeks.

Joonmyeon chuckled before stopping. His face was serious and he patted his lap. Tao got up and walked (limped) towards his father. He sat down in the king's lap and stared at his father, "Dad?"

"We've been thinking....." Roan started. 

The other eleven, including Jay walked closer. The Kings seemed deadly serious and they knew that they were about to here something very important.

Yifan snapped back into his infamous poker face and kneeled next to his father. 

"We know it's early but...." Joonmyeon trailed off, as if trying to find the right words to describe what he was trying to say. 

Yixing placed a comforting hand on Joonmyeon's thigh, "We all know that the werewolves are becoming restless. Attacking the commoners, trespassing onto Royal grounds."

Raon Yifan's brown hair lovingly as he continued, "We don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks, months."

"Spit it out father." Yifan snapped, getting impatient.

"We were thinking of crowning you and Tao as the official kings of our combined kingdoms"