1.6

King [Taoris]

Yifan sighed as he Tao's hair, holding him close as sobs racked through the younger's body. Jaehyun sat on the corner of the king sized bed, confused on why Tao was crying. She was too young to understand what had happened. As far as she was concerned, Grammy is just asleep.

"Shh peach it's okay." Yifan tried to soothe the younger boy. Tao just cried and cried. This was the first time he experienced loosing someone he really cared about.

Hours passed and Tao painfully cried himself to sleep. Luhan came by, minutes later to take Jaehyun away. She obeyed with the promise of chocolate. Yifan sighed as he the ring on his hand. He twisted it, letting the metal scuff against his skin, but not enough for it to hurt. Tao let out another whimper as he fidgeted in his sleep. Yifan got up and turned off all the lights. He snapped his fingers, creating a small flame. He lit a candle beside Tao's bed, so he wouldn't be left in total darkness. Yifan turned to look at Tao one last time before heading out of the room. He was about to close the door when he heard a faint whisper.

"Please don't go."

Yifan's heart ached when he heard the desperate plea. Yifan walked back into Tao's room, shutting the door behind him. He slipped off his shirt and pulled on one of Tao's loose sweatpants. He slid underneath the covers next to Tao. Tao wiggled closer as Yifan propped himself on his elbow. Tao curled himself into Yifan's chest. Yifan smiled softly as he wrapped an arm around Tao, holding him close to his body. He hissed slightly when he felt Tao's hands rest against his bare chest. The feeling of the cool metal from the wedding ring made him smile. 
Yifan rubbed Tao's back comfortingly as he patted his waist rhythmically with his other arm.

"I'm here Peach....I'm here."

Tao struggled to open his eyes


Tao struggled to open his eyes. He was utterly exhausted and it felt like his eyes were sealed shut. He reached up to rub his eyes, only to grimace when he felt the dry tears. This was going to make him look very bloated, not to mention the bloodshot eyes. Tao yawned and finally opened his eyes. He was alone, which was weird. He swore he fell asleep with Yifan by his side. Tao shook his head, maybe he dreamed it. Yes, that was the only reasonable explanation. There was no way that Yifan would actually sleep next to Tao much less cuddle him. Tao sat up, groaning when he felt a sharp pain in his head. Crying yourself to sleep has some serious after effects. 

Grammy. 

Tao sobered up to the thought of Grammy passing away. Tao was aware that she was old, and she wasn't going to live forever. It just hurt to lose someone you thought was immortal. Tao chuckled bitterly to himself. He swung his legs off the bed and stood up shakily. He must be strong. For Jaehyun. For himself. Tao showered and slowly dressed himself. He vaguely remembered Luhan taking Jaehyun away last night so that's the first place he's going to look for her. He slipped on a pair of old boots and made his way down the hallway. It was early but no one was in their chambers. The halls were empty and Tao could hear his footsteps echo through the hallway.

"Hello?" Tao called out as he peeked his head into Luhan's room. He was immediately greeted by a very energetic four year old.

"Tao!!!!" The little girl yelled as she jumped him. Tao caught her, sliding his arms underneath her making sure she wasn't going to fall.

Jaehyun wrapped her legs around Tao's waist as she clung to him, happily giggling.

"Luhan gege?"

Luhan popped his head out of his bathroom, "Be there in a second Tao."
Tao was about to respond when he heard a shout.

He mind messaged Baekhyun, trying to figure out if anything was wrong.

"Baekhyun? Guys? What's happening?!"

Xiumin was the one to answer, "Uh Tao. You might want to get down here."

Tao placed Jaehyun on the ground, "Stay with Luhan okay?"
Jaehyun nodded and skipped over to the bed where she sat on it patiently.
"Good girl." Tao smiled before racing down the hallway. 
His jacket was slipping off his shoulders as he tore down the stairs, almost running a couple maids over. He was stopped by a servant.

"Prince Tao, something is happening with Prince Yifan. He is outside and he only wants you."

Tao patted the servant on the back as a thank you before heading out into the back fields of the castle. He squinted his eyes as the harsh morning sunlight hit his face.

"Gege?!" Tao turned a full 360, trying to locate the older man. Xiumin came running over with Jongdae behind him.
"Tao seriously, he's going nuts."

Tao quickly followed Xiumin back down the field where he caught sight of Yifan doubled over. He was clutching his chest as if it pained him. Tao sprinted past Xiumin and fell to the ground next to Yifan.

He looked up to see everyone gathered around him except Kai. 

"Where's Kai?"

"He went to visit mama." Sehun replied, wringing his fingers nervously.

Tao nodded knowing that Kai would contact him in seconds.

"Okay gege listen to me. You need to calm down, deep breaths."

Yifan looked up. Tao fell backwards at the sight of his coal black eyes.

"Stop...telling...to...me...calm...down!" 

Tao scampered backwards. This wasn't Yifan. His voice was much deeper and scarier. It had a slight vibration to it, making it seem like the devil himself was talking to Tao.

"Tao, mama said that Yifan is fighting against his dragon spirit. He needs to let go."

Tao spun around desperately. "BACK UP." He yelled, making sure his brothers and Yifan's brothers were out of range.
He turned to Yifan, taking his face into his hands. Tao turned Yifan, making him look him dead in the eyes.

"Yifan listen to me. Stop struggling." Yifan looked up, his eyes momentarily shrinking back to his normal honey brown eyes. Tao relaxed at the sight.

"P-peach?" Yifan's voice seemed so afraid.

"Yes, it's me Yifan. You have to stop fighting okay? Let it take over."

Yifan shook his head desperately, "No! I can't let him get loose."

"Who Yifan?"

Yifan suddenly groaned bending over, once again hiding his face.

"Yifan who wants to get loose?"

Tao gasped when Yifan's head snapped back up, his eyes blacker than the darkest night.

"Me." Yifan growled, the demon voice was back. 

Tao gulped and looked Yifan straight in his eyes, "Who are you?"

"Ryu."

"R-Ryu? But you're Yifan?"

Yifan...or Ryu smirked, "Silly boy, this is beyond your understanding."

"Tao seriously, you have to get him to change, or else Yifan is done for."

Tao blinked back tears, "Please, let me talk to him."

Ryu snarled, "Fine."

Yifan doubled over again. Tao gasped as he helped him sit up straight again. He sighed in relief once he saw those familiar eyes.

"Yifan please. Let Ryu, or whoever that is take over. You need to change."

Yifan shook his head, tears threatening to spill, "I-I can't. I'm scared Tao. What if I can't regain control."

Tao took Yifan's face into his hands once more, "Hey! What did we discuss the other day? We are in this together. Sorry to break it to ya, but we are technically married. And I'm with you until death due us apart. So trust me, let him take over."

Yifan stared into Tao's eyes, as if seeking courage. Tao took a deep breath, if Yifan wanted courage, he was getting it.
Without thinking twice Tao pulled Yifan closer until their lips met.




 

Hey howya doing? 
Don't mind me, causally updating in the middle of the night.
So? How are you liking the book so far? I have many plans so you're in for a long, fun ride. 
Fun fact, I'm 99.9% sure that Ryu means dragon in Japanese and honestly it just sounds so badass. Okay I'm going to stop ranting but keep reading, keeping enjoying my book and leaving comments.
Alright peace

-P.S.K