3.2

King [Taoris]

Yifan yawned as he strolled the halls. It had quieted down in the castle.

Luhan stopped trying to kill Xiumin, claiming that he was the one who knocked him up.
In all honesty, Yifan found the whole thing amusing. Luhan was being so moody and emotional and Xiumin was trying to avoid setting off Luhan. For him, it was like walking through a minefield.

One wrong step and ....KABOOM.

It took three days for all the drama to calm down, although Jongdae still likes to remind Luhan that they should have used protection, which sets the older male off all over again.

Yifan was happy. Well, as happy as he could be with Tao not by his side. But he had this feeling, bubbling in his stomach. It was drenching him with worry and he grew more anxious by the hour.

Tao had let his mind open to Yifan so the older could feel what Tao was feeling. His happiness, restlessness, and the occasional annoyance. But Yifan had felt a tinge of uncomfortableness and he didn't like it.

It was a small emotion, but could be caused by large events. Yifan was worried out of his mind. He resorted to pacing back and forth in his room, refusing to come out expect when he had to attend meetings.

Junmyeon had started to make
Yifan join him in the meetings with the councilmen, in hopes that Yifan could pick up some things before he gets officially crowned. Of course, that was a long ways to go. Yifan and Tao wouldn't be crowned kings until Junmyeon steps down in his old age, or if he dies in battle. (which is highly unlikely)

Yifan tossed and turned in his bed as he tried to go to sleep. He missed having Tao in his arms when he drifted off. He overlooked the little things that Tao had done and now he was completely lost without him.

Tao would always his back, gently and calmingly sending Yifan off to sleep. He would wake up first and run his finger's through Yifan's hair until the older woke up. He would take Yifan out for walks whenever he sensed the latter becoming too stressed.

Yifan just really wanted Tao. 

Tao kept smiling as Jay led him through the village

Tao kept smiling as Jay led him through the village. He gulped down his discomfort as he felt the older's hand on his waist.

It felt toxic, burning his skin, tainting in. A hand on the waist was reserved for lovers only, and Jay was certainly not Tao's lover. But he let the older hold him as they made their way to Jay's old house.

It wasn't until they were out of sight until Tao raced out of Jay's hold, feeling that he would go insane if Jay held him like that for any longer.

"W-why would you say that." Tao stuttered as he backed away from Jay, wrapping his long black cape around him.

Jay frowned, "I'm sorry Tao, I panicked and if I didn't say that they would ask you all these questions and I just wanted to get through the guards and I'm really sorry."

Jay wasn't.

He was elated. On cloud 9. He got to touch Tao. He got to hold Tao. Of course, it didn't mean anything to Tao but it damn felt like something to Jay.
But he stayed quiet. He didn't want to push the younger male even farther away.

"Um...you can wash up in the bathroom, I'll bring clothes."

Tao smiled awkwardly but obeyed Jay's instructions. He stepped into the shower, smiling when he caught sight of a wolf shaped shampoo bottle. He giggled as he picked it up, playing with it until he heard knocks on the door.

"Tao?"

Tao froze and quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. He opened the door to see Jay holding a pile of clothes with Tao's old leather boots on top. Tao smiled, ignoring the way Jay eyed his bare upper body and took the clothes from Jay. He waited until Jay left before putting on the strange clothes.

Each species had their own 'dress code'. Tao had read about nymphs wearing only pastel colors (which sounds pretty cute in his opinion) or pixies wearing skirts (or shorts) . Tao loved the dress code in his kingdom. Normal pants made of cotton or even jeans (depending if Kai took some from the human dimension) and loose tunics, But the werewolves' was a little less appealing.

Perhaps it was because shifting into a wolf ripped your clothes, the clothes Jay gave him were kind of revealing. It was just shorts and a tank top, but the shorts were a little too short and the tank top was loose, exposing a large part of Tao's side.

He pushed aside his discomfort and stood tall. If there was anything he learned from being a prince, was that you have to be confident, no matter what.

"Peach."
Tao perked up at the familiar voice in his head.

"Gege!"
"Baby what's wrong? You are overwhelmed with anxiety, even I can feel it.'

Tao smiled, Yifan could read him like an open book. It was useful, having someone know you that well. "It's nothing Gege, just a bit nervous."

"What's there to be nervous about?"

"Jay introduced me as his mate and I don't know if I ca-"

Tao stopped when he felt a surge of emptiness. Had Yifan...stopped their mind connection?

"Yifan?"

Tao waited....nothing.

"Gege?"

Tao's shoulders slumped. His only source of courage had disappeared. But he took a deep breath and swung open the bedroom door. He froze when he saw Jay in his living room, with a stranger.

The stranger was tall, lean and looked like he was about to throw Tao out a window. His fiery red hair had streaks of orange and Tao could only imagine what he looked like as a wolf.

"Tao, this is Nuri. He knows."

Tao turned to the red haired werewolf. He froze when Nuri bowed, "My prince."

Tao flushed as Jay chuckled, "Nuri is one of the few who still follow the Kings as well as their alpha."

"Nuri? Can you help us?"

The werewolf nodded, as he stood straight up again. "Come, we must gather some supplies before we leave."

"Nuri.." Jay spoke up, causing the man to turn, "No one can know...not even Evani." Nuri stiffened but he nodded, quickly leaving the small cottage.

"Who's Evani?" Tao asked as he followed Jay outside.

"She's his mate." 
Tao made an 'O' shape with his mouth as he trudged through the courtyard, avoided the states of others. They almost made it to Nuri's herb shop but two large men were standing by the entrance.

Their eyes narrowed as they caught sight of Tao and Jay. They walked towards them, their muscles rippling as they increased their pace.

"Alpha wants to talk." The taller one said, grabbing Jay by the arm, squeezing painfully when Jay tried to struggle.

Tao smacked the shorter's arm, "Don't touch me, I won't resist."

The shorter lifted his hands, as if he was being held by gunpoint, "Alright, sassy pants."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say something as lame as 'sassy pants'." Tao scoffed as he followed the guards towards a large house in the distance. The shorter guard led in silence. Tao silently cheered in victory.

"Alpha's upstairs." Another guard grunted as soon as they came in earshot. Jay rolled his eyes but grabbed Tao's hand, leading the younger up a grand staircase. Tao just let himself get pulled as he looked around in awe. The house (mansion) wasn't close to how fancy Tao's castle was but it was more sophisticated. Yixing and Junmyeon gave up having super expensive things. Having Sehun, Kai and Tao in one household means many broken vases and ripped paintings.

They got pushed into a huge room with walls of glass. There was a man, tall. Tall as Yifan, maybe even a bit taller. His back was turned towards Tao but just by the stance he was in, Tao knew that this person was the 'alpha'.

"Alpha?"
Jay spoke up first, his tone quivering. Tao gaped at the amount of fear in his voice. 
Was this really the same Jay who tried to fight Yifan, in dragon form?

"Jay....Jay....Jay"

The man tutted as he slowly turned around. Tao fought down the urge to gasp. The man was familiar looking. Tao couldn't place his finger on it but something about the latter's face rang a bell, a very loud one.

"Why were you gone for so long? I only gave you permission for a week."

"I'm sorry Alpha....I got sidetracked."

"By what?"

"By me." Tao gulped as he spoke up, "I'm his mate."

"Nonsense, he didn't even mark you yet."

Jay quickly responded when Tao fell silent, "He's scared Alpha, he had a traumatizing childhood....he's afraid of touching others. I was hoping Nuri would help me."

Lies....all lies. Tao had a wonderful childhood and he ing loved skinship. Even when he was a little toddler, he would cuddle with Sehun (who was a baby then) or with Xiumin. Even if his hands were holding other pair, he would be at peace. That's why he's so touchy with Yifan, and anyone could tell, the taller male didn't mind at all.

"Very well...since this is your mate who is involved you are pardoned. But this is the last time Jay. You are dismissed." Jay bowed, nudging Tao to do the same.

Tao bent quickly before rushing out of the room. The alpha unnerved him, not to mention there was something about him that gave Tao déjà vu.

The alpha watched as the two left the room before speaking up. Jay must take him as a fool. Any wolf who was looking hard even could see the silver ring around Tao's third finger.

"Jinyoung?' He called out for his beta.

"Yes alpha."

"Get me details about Wu Zitao."