2.7

King [Taoris]

Luhan frowned as he studied the yellow eyes that sat across him. Jay was acting innocent enough. But his gaze lingered on Tao, longer that Luhan would have liked. Yixing had happily took in Jay and offered a huge dinner in his honor. Jay declined but there is no refusing Yixing. So here they sat, all thirteen of them, with Junmyeon sitting at the head of the table.

"Gah he's cute even when he eats."

Luhan stabbed at his salad angrily as he heard another one of Jay's thoughts. Xiumin turned to his boyfriend, confused on why he's acting this way.

"Lu you alright?"

Luhan nodded and simply told him to wait until they were alone. Jay's gaze turned to Xiumin and Luhan as they smiled at each other.

"I wonder if they're a couple."

Luhan smirked as he heard Jay's thoughts.

"Yes Jay, we are a couple."

Jay's eyes widened as he dropped his fork, "W-what..but how?!"

Xiumin grinned proudly as he showed off his lover, "Lu here can read minds!"

"And move things with my mind but let's not be specific." Luhan said nonchalantly.
But there was a warning laced with that sentence.

'Don't mess with me or my family.'

Jay gulped, "S-so you all have powers."

Junmyeon shrugged, "I don't like calling them powers, they're more like...abilities."

Yixing nodded, "There is a story. Long long ago, an alien king crash landed on earth. A young girl found him and healed up. The king fell in love with her and made her his queen. They ruled the earth together. But alas, the alien King had to return to his own planet, so he left all his abilities with his queen. And that got passed down and it branched out. Now, every member of a royal family around the world has at least one special talent. The more powerful you are, the more you can do."

Jay nodded as he sipped his wine, "Would you mind explaining your 'abilities'?"

Junmyeon smiled, "Of course! I control water. Although it's the only thing I can do, I have a powerful shapeshifter by my side."

Yixing blushed as he gently pushed his husband, "Stop flattering me. I can also heal others but I can't heal myself."

Jay's eyes widened, "Healing?! How does that work?"

Yixing hummed as he thought about how to answer the question, "I would say, I'm the pain from your body into mine. The pain is snuffed in my body but it does hurt a bit."

Jay nodded as he turned to Sehun who was wiggling in his seat, anxious to answer, "What about you?"

Sehun grinned and flexed his arms. Yixing spoke out, "Not at the dinner table. Wings stay in the body."

Sehun rolled his eyes, "You saw my wings earlier right? I can also control wind. Like air drafts and breezes."

"Cool."

Jongdae wiggled his fingers, "I control the weather! I'm the weather wizard."

Yifan scoffed, "Shut up Jong, you can barely make it rain."

Jongdae gasped as he clutched his heart, as if Yifan's words drove a stake right through his chest, "Uh excuse me?! I cook up a pretty mean lightening bolt."

Yifan rolled his eyes, "All hail Jongdae, King of useless abilities."

Tao laughed out loud at Jongdae's expression, which looked oddly like a moose with constipation. Chanyeol grinned, showing off 
his blinding white teeth, "My turn, my turn." He chanted like a little kid. 
Jay chuckled as Chanyeol snapped his fingers, creating a small flame. Baekhyun was next. He didn't bother talking, he was too busy stuffing his face but he did slow down enough to shoot lasers at Jay's steak, effectively burning it.

Jay frowned but a maid replaced it with a fresh one. Xiumin was next. He grinned as he pointed towards Jay's wine glass. Jay gasped as frost creeped up the side and froze the wine itself.

"He even froze Luhan, Yifan and Jongdae." Chanyeol piped up, laughing at his brothers' sour faces.

Kyungsoo was a man of little words, "I am very strong, try not to make me angry."

Luhan grinned, happy that his brother intimidated Jay. In Luhan's mind, Jay was an outsider. He wasn't welcome, especially not with his thoughts about Tao. Kai simply teleported from his chair to Jay's side, stealing a part of his steak before popping back to his seat next to Kyungsoo.

Tao smiled shyly, "I guess it's my turn. I can, control time and shape shift and take other's powers."

Jay raised his eyebrows as he stared at Tao, "Wow! You must be very strong!"

Tao's eyes widened at the sudden compliment, "No no, Yifan is much more powerful than me."

Yifan grinned as he puffed his chest. Tao rolled his eyes but placed a playful kiss on his cheek.

"Oh please? Yifan? I doubt it."

Yifan's eyes widened at Jay's words, "Excuse me? I can fly and breath fire and turn into a totally bad dragon that can kick your sorry werewolf any day."

Jay wiggled his eyebrows playfully, "Is that a challenge Wu Yifan?"

" yeah, come on let's have a round after dinner."

Jay's eyes narrowed, "Oh it's on."

"Should someone stop them?" 
Tao asked nervously as he eyed the brown furred wolf circle Yifan, who was still a human.

Xiumin scoffed, "No! I already have 200 on Yifan."

"You bet on my husband?!"

Xiumin's eyes widened, "W-what? No...It was Sehun's idea!" He ran off, leaving Tao to wonder why he was stuck with such idiotic brothers. 

Tao watched as Yifan stretched his arms out. He said something to Jay who snarled at him. Yifan just rolled his eyes and backed up a couple steps. Tao's heart jumped as he shifted into a dragon.

Jay whined and pawed at the air as Yifan towered over him.

"Come on Jay, land at least three hits on him.."

Tao turned, shooting a murderous look at Sehun. Sehun sheepishly smiled as he scurried to the other side of Chanyeol, well away from Tao.

Jay let out a loud howl, sending shivers down Tao's back. He was a couple hundred yards in front of Yifan. Yifan stared him down as Jay started running towards the gold dragon. 
Tao's breath hitched as Jay got closer but the wolf started to slow down.

Tao got up out of his seat and moved closer, trying to figure out why the wolf was having so much trouble moving forward. Yifan was just staring him down. Jay whined as he lifted his paw in a vein attempt to cover his face. Dragon-Yifan smirked as Jay came to a full stop, just a few feet away from
Yifan.

Jay let out a painful howl as he collapsed to the ground. He twitched as he shifted back into human. Sehun swore under his breath as he ran towards Jay, clothes in hand for the latter to wear. 

"Are you kidding me?! Yifan didn't even left a finger!" Kai shouted. Guess Sehun wasn't the only one betting on Jay.

Yifan turned back into a human and walked proudly back to his spot next to Tao.

"Jay what happened out there?" Sehun asked as he trailed behind the man, still slightly upset that he lost to Xiumin.

"I...I don't know. Yifan kept staring at me and I was forced to shift back to human. Only my alpha could do that."

Yifan ruffled Jay's hair as he headed back inside, an arm wrapped loosely around Tao's waist, "Guess I'm your alpha then."