1.3

King [Taoris]

Tao bit at his finger nails as he paced back and forth. It was currently 2 in the morning and Tao was going out of his mind. Technically, since it was past midnight, it was his wedding day but Tao wasn't ready. He never thought he would get married at 18. Especially to a man that he barely knew. He sighed heavily as he spun around, making another loop around his larger than average sized room. He turned his head towards the door when he heard a low knock. Tao walked to the wooden door and swung it open, wincing when it creaked loudly. To his surprise, Yifan was standing in front of him.

"Yifan?" Tao said, moving aside to let Yifan into his room. Tao shut the door as Yifan made himself comfy at the windowsill. Yifan tugged the curtains open, letting the moonlight shine into the room. Tao pulled his blanket off the bed and sat opposite from Yifan, spreading the blanket out on both of them.

"Couldn't sleep?"

Yifan nodded, "I also heard you pacing back and forth." 
Tao sheepishly grinned as he muttered a sorry. Yifan chuckled as he leaned his head back against the wall. Tao studied the older man before speaking up, "Why are you here?"

Yifan shrugged, "Just wanted to talk I guess."

Tao smiled, "Okay talk."
 




"Shh someone get a camera."

"Isn't this against wedding rules to see each other before the wedding?"

"But they're so cute!"

Yifan groaned as he heard multiple voices overwhelm him. He tried to roll over but there was a heavy weight pinning him down. Yifan opened his eyes and bit down on his lip trying not to shout in surprise when he saw Tao resting his head on Yifan's chest.

Yifan blinked as he looked at his surroundings. He must have fallen asleep with Tao at the windowsill. He turned to see Tao's brothers and his own brothers staring at them eagerly. Yifan groaned as he rubbed his face with his hands.

"One word and I will torch every single one of you."

Luhan gulped as he slowly backed up, "We'll..um.. be waiting outside."

Yifan smiled innocently, "Thank you."

He watched as the eight boys filed out of Tao's room. He turned back to Tao who was frowning in his sleep. Yifan sighed and gently placed a hand on Tao's cheek. Tao immediately relaxed and leaned into Yifan's touch. Yifan chuckled as he gently pushed back Tao's hair. Tao was just so adorable.

"Peach?" Yifan cooed as he gently shook Tao. Tao opened his eyes slowly and blinked at Yifan. He closed his eyes again. Yifan chuckled as he counted to himself silently.

Three...

Two....

One.....

"WHAT THE HECK." Tao snapped his eyes open and jumped off of Yifan, landed five feet away. Yifan grinned as he watched the younger boy pant as he doubled over.

"You good there peach?"

Tao nodded, "H-how did you get here?"

"We were talking last night."
Tao nodded and turned towards the window. His jaw dropped as he pulled the curtains back, trying to get a better view.

"What is it?" Yifan asked, gently pushing aside Tao. Tao gulped as he stared at the swarms of people coming from the village to the castle. Each were dressed in their best clothes, some holding wrapped gifts, others, flowers. Yifan placed a hand on Tao's shoulder, "We should start getting ready." Tao just nodded.

Tao sighed as Luhan fussed over his hair


Tao sighed as Luhan fussed over his hair. He's been sitting in the same cramped position for more than an hour as Baekhyun did Tao's makeup and then letting Luhan take over for his hair. Sehun was sitting on Tao's desk, trying not to laugh at the older's pain. Kai was laying on Tao's bed, propped up on one elbow as he eyed Kyungsoo straightening Tao's hair.

"Who's helping Yifan?" Chanyeol asked, sneaking a bite of Sehun's apple causing him to get swatted at by the younger boy. 
Jongdae snorted, "No one, if you wanted to stay alive. He made it very clear that he didn't want help." 
Xiumin nodded, "He nearly burned my eyebrows off."

"What a shame, they're still there." Luhan mumbled as he struggled to open a box. Xiumin pouted while Kyungsoo took the box and yanked it open with his strength. Luhan smiled gratefully as he took out an earring. Just one. 
Tao frowned as he watched Luhan approach him with the earring in hand, "Wait where's the other one?"

Luhan grinned, "You'll find out."

Tao furrowed his eyebrows at Luhan, trying to figure out what that meant.

In less than a minute, the room was filled with Tao's yells of pain as Luhan put the earrings on him. Sehun was cackling as his brother doubled over, clutching his ear. Tao looked up and glared at Luhan who quickly went to hide behind Xiumin.

"You ready?" Kyungsoo said, wheeling over the mirror towards Tao. Tao nodded.

"M-my hair! It's b..black!" Tao gasped as he ran his fingers through his hair. Baekhyun grinned, "We thought you should go natural for the wedding."

Tao looked down, suddenly realizing something, "Wait...why am I wearing black?" His face lit up, "Am I the groom!"

Sehun snorted, "You? A groom? In your dreams." Kai came up behind Sehun, aiding his brother with the attack on Tao, "Yea, for you to be the groom means that you have to top. And brother dear...there is no way in hell that you're a top."

Tao growled and stood up, ready to take on both his brothers. Xiumin caught a hold of him before he could throw a punch, "Whoa there tiger. Not on wedding day."

Tao rolled his eyes, "You two better watch it."

Sehun grinned weakly as he backed up, just in case. Baekhyun patted his shoulder before wrapping an around around Tao, "Let's go Mrs. Wu."

His sentence was quickly followed by a cry of pain, due to Tao stomping on his foot. 
 



"Ready sweetheart?"

Tao shook his head as he wrapped his arms around his mother. His brothers and soon to be brother-in-laws decided to was best to sit in the audience and wait for Tao to come down the isle. Now it was just Tao and his parents. Yixing cupped Tao's face in his hands and brought it up to his own. He nuzzled Tao's nose with his own, something that the two of them did since Tao was a baby.

"You're okay Taozi." Junmyeon rubbed Tao's back comfortingly as he shared a look with Yixing. Tao pulled away from his mother's comforting hold and took a deep breath. He pulled his wooly sleeves of his cashmere coat over his fists and looked down. He was wearing a black sweater underneath, having it being a chilly day. Tao despised suits, ever since he was a child. He was more than elated to find out that he was not wearing a suit, only something that looks like a suit but it much more comfortable.

"I'm ready." He whispered as he looped his arm around Yixing's one. Junmyeon smiled and nodded. Yixing pushed open the doors, causing music to start. Tao was sandwiched between his mom and dad, his dad holding his waist while his mom let Tao cling to his arm.

Tao dared to look up but let out a small squeak and looked back down at his feet. Yixing chuckled at his shy son. 
The wedding was taking place on top of the hill. The main guests sitting on the hill were both Yifan and Tao's families, close advisors and family friends. At the bottom of the hill were a crowd of village folk. Tao was always a favorite for the townsfolk. They loved the cheery prince who ran through the streets of the village, brightening up any place he goes.

Tao dared to look up again and almost stumbled when he caught sight of Yifan. His orangish hair wasn't spiked up like usual. Instead it was combed down, creating a fringe that covered half of his forehead while framing his face perfectly. He was wearing a white suit but had a black tie. Tao flushed light pink as he noticed Yifan's gaze at him. It seemed almost....adoring. Yixing let Tao go half way and let Junmyeon led Tao the rest of the way. He stopped when Tao was in front of Yifan. Junmyeon grinned and patted Yifan's shoulder before walking off to join his husband.

"Hey." Yifan whispered. 
Tao smiled softly, "Hey." 
Tao smile widened when he caught sight of Yifan's earring. It was the same as Tao's. Tao reached up and pulled at Yifan's ear. Yifan grinned when he realized that the two were sharing the same pair of earrings. Luhan (he was the ring bearer) coughed from the side, "You're welcome."

Yifan looked Tao up and down, "You should wear black more."

"Well you should wear white more."

"HUSH."

Tao jumped when the priest between them called out. Tao cocked his head as the priest slowly threw back his hood which was covering his face.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Yifan groaned when he caught sight of a familiar grin.

Chanyeol was holding the book tightly in between his hands as he looked at Tao and Yifan.

"Isn't this great guys! I'm going to marry you both....wait no. You're marrying each other but I'm like....making it hap-" 
He stopped under Yifan's glare. Chanyeol cleared his throat as he opened the book where a notecard fell out. Chanyeol picked it up, almost knocking Tao down in the process.

"Okay sorry. Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Tao, a very cute man child and Yifan, a slightly terrifying person who most definitely needs to loosen up in matrimony commended to be honorable among all."

Chanyeol read the words out in a robotic tone nonchalantly off the notecard that he previously dropped.

"This is a mess." Tao whispered. Yifan chuckled humorlessly, "At least it'll be a fun story to tell in the future."


"And in the power invested in me by the shady dude in the back alley of the church, I pronounce you man and husband. You may now kiss the...groom?" Chanyeol finished, slamming the book shut clearly proud of himself.

Tao's eyes widened, "W-wait kiss?!"

Yifan narrowed his eyes, "Don't tell me you haven't kissed anyone before."

"Okay I won't."

Yifan's mouth dropped, "Your first kiss and it's at your wedding?"

Tao grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

"HEY LOVE BIRDS HURRY UP AND DO THE SMOOCHING; I WANT CAKE."

Tao turned to see Kai standing up, making his two hands kiss motioning him and Yifan to do the same. 

"I hate my family." Tao grumbled. Yifan chuckled, "Me too peach, me too."

"Psst guys?"
Yifan turned to Luhan who was holding two rings.

"Chan you you forgot about the rings!"

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he scanned his notecard, " I did forget." He grabbed the two rings and handed one to Tao and the other to Yifan.

"Um...do the exchanging of the rings?!" He announced in a loud voice. Yifan sighed and took Tao's smaller hand into his own, grazing over his knuckles comfortingly. Tao blushed red and avoided Yifan's gaze as he slipped the ring onto Tao's hand. Tao did the same to Yifan.

Yifan examined his ring, "You know, not bad." Tao stared at Yifan's ring which was broad. It was black with a silver dragon wrapping around it. Tao looked down at his own ring and it was similar, except the ring was slightly narrower and was sliver with a white, thinner dragon instead of the thick silver one of Yifan's.

"Why dragons?" Tao whispered. Yifan shrugged, "I do breath fire and I think my nickname of dragon stuck."

"Dragon?" Tao scrunched his nose, "That's a cheesy name."

"I know, that's why I go by Yifan."

"OH FOR GOD's SAKE WILL YOU TWO JUST KISS ALREADY."

Tao whipped his head to see Sehun motioning wildly with his arms to get a move on.

Yifan moved closer and placed a gentle hand on Tao's cheek. 
"I'll take care of you okay?" Yifan whispered as he leaned down. Tao nodded and bit the inside of his cheeks as he shut his eyes, anticipating Yifan's slightly pink lips against his own.

Tao could to hear hoots and catcalls as Yifan's lips connected with his. It wasn't at all what Tao expected, no fireworks, no sparks just warmth. But Tao really liked the warmth.