02.

Lady Of The Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taeyeon?"

.......

"Taeyeon."

........

"Kim Taeyeon."

"Y-Yes?" Waking up from her own world, Taeyeon found herself in front of the Emperor and Empress of Gyeongdo. 

It had been a few days since the incident and the Emperor held a party to congratulate Taeyeon on reviving from a horrible accident. Around her were strange people who claimed to be her family, well, of course all of them were in-law. Older sister-in-law, Lee Miyoung, older brothers-in-law, Lee Taeyong and Lee Jaehyun, younger sister-in-law, Lee Sooyoung along with many people that she couldn't name. They were all looked gorgeous and beautiful, dressed in gold and Taeyeon gulped at the scene in front of her. Everytime they talked to her, she had to smile so formal and acted like she knew them. In fact? She did now know any of them.... 

She was getting to know them, they visited her a lot during the past few days. 

Princess Miyoung was super talkative but she was exactly that type of girls who boys would fight over. Princess Sooyoung was too shy to visit her on her own so she only came along with Miyoung or the Princes. Prince Taeyong and Jaehyun were the opposite of each other, one was carefree and playful, one was reserved and caring.

Anyways, there were girls dancing, girls playing musical instrument, and the Emperor sure was having a lot of fun. 

"Jaehyun, where's your wife?" The Empress asked the oldest Prince, Prince Jaehyun. 

Jaehyun was stuffing food in his mouth, he coughed a few times and Princess Miyoung patted his back. Jaehyun stopped coughing, he smiled at the Empress. "I believe she's on her way here, Mother." His smile was somewhat cold, it didn't look like he was smiling at all even though he was really smiling. The Empress nodded at him and the Emperor stole a glance at Taeyeon. Nayeon, who was sitting behind her, noticed that and shecoughed awkwardly. 

"Where's your husband, Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon blinked, she looked up at the Emperor's warm smile and the Empress' hopeful expression. Her husband? Pfft, she didn't even know what his face was like, she had no idea whether he was alive or not! She only knew his name was Prince Ten because Nayeon always mentioned about him. "Ah... I believe Crown Prince Ten is also on his way, Mother." 

She could hear the Emperor sighed and Jaehyun's gaze on her, Taeyeon wanted to flip the table and screamed at everyone else: "SCREW Y'ALL." But of course, she could not, as a formal Princess that Nayeon always told her to be, Taeyeon had to act like a royalty. It was fun though, acting like a royalty was really cool! She felt like a main character in historical K-Dramas. 

"Prince Ten has been busy these days so he hasn't gotten any free time to visit you yet, Taeyeon." Princess Miyoung spoke up, as if she wanted to rescue Taeyeon but of course, Taeyeon had no idea what was Miyoung trying to say. "That must be the reason, why else he wouldn't have came?" Taeyeon grinned at her sister-in-law, not knowing that everyone was aware of the real reason: Choi Jinri. She then noticed the awkward and dark expressions on everyone's faces, including Nayeon.

, did I say something strange? "A-Ah!!!!" Taeyeon broke the awkward silence. "I think he probably thinks that I need more time to rest since everyone's been visiting me frequently, that must be why! Haha, hahaha...!" 

".... ..... ..... Pfft." The Princes and Princesses tried their best to not laugh and so was the Emperor but the Empress remained cold-looking. "If that's true then Prince Ten surely makes a great husband, doesn't he?" 

Taeyeon forced a shy smile, "He does, Mother." 

"I do what, Princess Taeyeon?" 

Everyone's attention then paid to the entrance, there, they saw a young man next to a girl, behind them were a few servants. The girl was beautiful, milky white skin and thick y lips, what? 2016 loved lips like that! The girl's eyes kept looking down, she looked somewhat shy. She was pretty but no matter how pretty she looked like, the guy besides her shined even more bright than her... He was tall, sharp eyes like a phoenix's, a tall nose and thin lips that curled up into a very... attractive smirk. Taeyeon gulped, he was really handsome, the most handsome guy she had ever seen after entering this historical world! A-And his complexion, it looked even nicer than the girl next to him! 

Kim Taeyeon had the most beautiful complexion and this guy would be in the second place. Everyone started to whispering and the silence after his words immediately faded away. Taeyeon was too busy enjoying the view of the pretty couple in front of her, she didn't notice that the Empress was staring at her with bullet eyes. Well, Nayeon had to shake Taeyeon's arm. "Your Highness, Choi Jinri is with Prince Ten...!" 

"Huh?" After a few seconds, Taeyeon turned back to look at Nayeon. "Choi Jinri and uh... Prince Ten?" She blinked, Nayeon nodded and Taeyeon looked at the couple again. 

So she was Choi Jinri, the girl that Nayeon hated to guts ant the handsome guy besides her was no other than Prince Ten—future Emperor of Gyeongdo—her husband. God damn, no one ever told her how hot her husband could be!! And she could totally understand why Nayeon always wanted her to "steal Prince Ten back from the fox!" but the funny thing was, Taeyeon liked Choi Jinri...

Jinri looked so innocent and shy... So cute... Prince Ten looked somewhat arrogant and intelligent, now Nayeon was trying to tell her that they didn't make one good couple? 

Suddenly, Prince Ten's eyes met her eyes and Taeyeon jolted, she immediately looked away. 

"Prince Ten." The Emperor said and Prince Ten bowed. "Father, please forgive me for being late. I met Jinri on my way so we came here together." 

The Emperor nodded, "Join us now, you two." And with that, Ten and Jinri walked in different directions. Jinri sat next to Jaehyun which made Taeyeon almost spit all of the water in out. So Jinri was Jaehyun's wife....! She then heard a loud thud next to her, facing left to find Prince Ten sitting down next to her. Oh my god, look at him up close... His side profle was too... good.... Ah, Park Jimin, wait until you hear about me and this guy! 

However, Prince Ten didn't even bother to look at her for once although Taeyeon was staring at him, a lot. 

Everyone started chatting again and then Prince Ten spoke in a lower voice. "I hope you are not mad because I haven't came to your chamber palace." 

Wowza, was he apologising? That was very nice of him, hahaha! "It's alright to be honest, I have had enough of headache the past few days with people flying into my room like flies and talking until midnight like???" She then noticed the strange look Ten was giving her, Taeyeon cleared and shook her hand. "I mean, I am not mad, it's alright if you are too busy." 

Ten didn't say anything else and began eating. Taeyeon didn't think much. All she knew was her husband was hella hot and...

Wait, he and Choi Jinri weren't a thing then? 

"There's nothing to be shy about, Jinri-ah." Taeyeon looked up at the people in front of her to find Jaehyun feeding Jinri soup, sitting next to Jinri was Princess Sooyoung. Sooyoung chuckled at the two of them, Jinri's cheeks were bright pink and Taeyeon thought she knew what was happening here.

She looked to the man on her right,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter