06.

Lady Of The Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did you know that Prince Taeyong once called the Crown Princess the snowflake? 

It was because Kim Taeyeon was exactly a snowflake. Beautiful but not in a charming way that seduced all the men, the beauty of an innocent girl, the beauty that could be called "normal" but pure. Her personality could be described as a snowflake as well. Kind, soft-spoken and always had a coy smile on her face. Women might hate her but men could never hate her, especially the men of Gyeongdo. Yeongnam was called the snow land not because of the cold weather but also because everyone from the empire was pure like a snowflake. Yeongnam gave people a peaceful and cozy feeling in their heart. 

When Taeyong followed his younger brother, Ten, and the family to Yeongnam for the first time, he caught a cold. He knew Yeongnam was cold but he didn't know it was that much cold. Ten even warned him it was winter so he should dress more thick but being stubborn he was, he ignored the younger brother.

Ten was only sixteen then and Taeyong just passed his twentieth birthday not long ago. 

People of Yeongnam were so much more friendlier and kind, Taeyong didn't see them bicker much like people of Gyeongdo. His heart beated fast everytime he met a Yeongnam girl's eyes. They were doe and clear, their beautiful eyes had his reflection in them. He couldn't believe that the empire he was staying at had been through countless wars, that the people of Yeongnam were the best fighters and that the empire was having a conflict with Gyeongdo not long ago. 

His father was intelligent enough to stop the war and a few years later, asked Yeongnam that they could be friends instead of foes. With that, he set up a marriage for Ten and a Princess of Yeongnam. 

When they arrived, Ten refused to go outside all the time unless it had something to do with the royal members of Yeongnam. Taeyong had to drag Jaehyun around, playing with him. He felt sad because his best friend, also his sister, Lee Miyoung couldn't come with them. One day, Taeyong found two girls playing at the garden. From the way they dressed, it was servant and a wealthy family member. The girl who looked like to be from a wealthy family had a pure smile on her face which made Taeyong curious, who was she? So pretty! 

Jaehyun stopped him but he decided to approach her anyway. She was really timid at first and could only giggle at his playful jokes meanwhile Jaehyun was finding a place to hide, Taeyong was too embarrassing! Taeyeong though, he already took a liking of the girl. He asked her identity, she told him her name was Kim Taeyeon, daughter of a noble family that were friends with the Emperor of Yeongnam. There was a party that night so she came along with her family to the Emperor's invitation. 

Taeyong wanted to spend more time with the girl, unlike the ladies he had talked to back in Gyeongdo, they always acted shy yet tried to seduce him. Kim Taeyeon? She was really shy but it was because she wasn't good with strangers and she really did show that she was a good person, she wanted nothing more than to be a friend of him. Taeyong respected that, though he hoped one day they could be more than friends. 

It was taeyong, never serious about anything so he thought about it a lot. Maybe stayed at friends was good enough for both of them, he never wanted to hurt her feeling like he did with many girls. He always talked about her with Jaehyun and the brothers were always talking meanwhile the other brother was wanting to leave the place immediately. 

"Ten, you're marrying Princess Sana." Taeyong massaged his brother's tired shoulders and Ten could only look up at Jaehyun with tired eyes. "Why can't I marry the person I love?" 

"Ten, it's... complicated. Especially when you are the future Emperor, you can't decide because you want to, you decide because it's the best for you." Taeyong explained to his innocent yet much more clever brother. "Princess Sana is cute tho!! Never talked to her but who cares, right? When I was around your age, all I cared about was how seducing a girl could be, that was the best part of the fun." 

The next question coming from his younger half-brother was unexpected. "How about now? What do you care about?" 

Kim Taeyeon's face appeared in his mind immediately. Now? "I think I care more about personality."

Jaehyun spit all of the water in his mouth out and Ten tilted his head at the older half-brother. Taeyong glared at Jaehyun and continued: "Recently, I met this girl in the palace and well, as they always say about a Yeongnam lady, she gives me the best moment of my life that I've ever felt towards a girl. But, it's not like I'm interested in her or anything! She's just really nice and she makes me happy." 

Jaehyun glared back at his older brother as if he wanted to ask him if it wasn't love but yeah, Taeyong did not love her. He saw her as a sister after a few nights considering things. 

"Then, brother, I think I'll marry her." 

Both of the boys gave Ten a surprised look. Ten could understand why and he grinned childishly: "You've met her and you like her, brother, whenever you like someone, it means she's pretty but you never talked about a girl's personality before.. Yet this girl, you think about her personality which means she has a really great personality! Overall, she's a perfect one! I don't trust Princess or Sana or anyone else in Yeongnam otherwise." 

Wah... Ten was really a thoughtful guy, wasn't he? Taeyong scratched his head, "There's a party tonight, at dinner, I suppose. I will tell you who she is and you can start your flirty plan, alright?"

"Alright!" Ten nodded, his smile grew even bigger.

Those were such good memories of the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess. Who knew there would be a day when they grew distant? But somebody knew there would be a day when they opened up to each other. For example, last night at dinner when everyone was drunk and Ten couldn't stop smiling as he watched his wife breaking everything. He sure didn't expect that side of his wife, Taeyong, too, never thought the girl once he called the most girly girl could be that much wild.

Seeing Jaehyun coming with an awkward Taeyeon behind, Taeyong let out a happy grin. "Ah, look who is here!" He waved at Taeyeon, who shyly waved back at him. Princess Miyoung who was eating grape saw her and couldn't help but automatically laughed. "The Horse girl!" 

Horse girl? Thank you so much, Gangnam Style. Taeyeon smiled awkwardly at Miyoung's nickname for her.

Taeyong then pulled both of them inside and forced them sit around the circular table, there were many food on the table and wine as well. Of course, Taeyeon felt something hit her brain as she saw wine. She looked over Nayeon who shook her head lightly then looked at everyone else who was holding back their laugh, even Jaehyun and... Winwin.  

Taeyeon only let out a cough and started eating the grape. "Princess Miyoung, this must be the wine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter