09.

Lady Of The Dynasty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, it was Princess Sooyoung's birthday. She was turning 17 today and the whole imperial went crazy preparing for the trip. Crown Princess Kim Taeyeon's chamber palace was an exception when there was literally one person who packed things unlike other palaces where there were dozen of people running inside out and outside. 

Im Nayeon was frowing hard at the dresses lying on the bed meanwhile the person who should be packing things up was lying on the couch and eating grapes. Taeyeon stared at Nayeon's back, she finally let out a tired moan: "Just pick the first one already, it's not like we are going to a fashion show." 

Nayeon obviously had no idea what was her Princess talking about but she did not like what Taeyeon just said. "Your Highness, the first one is a wonderful choice but the second one looks more feminie. The third one gives off the elegance feeling and the fourh one is quite revealing but it'll definitely make Prince Ten fall for you." She then let out a moan as well. "Your Highess, why won't you let the other maids help us packing as well... Uwa.... I have to do everything by myself...." 

Putting one last grape inside , Taeyeon sat up from the couch and lazily headed towards Nayeon. "That's because I only trust you. Now, how many dresses are we bringing?" 

"Twenty, Your Highness." 

Taeyeon almost spitted everything inside out at Nayeon's face. Twenty?! If she went on a trip, she would bring two outfit and one pyjamas only! If it was a four days trip, of course. "How many days are we going away?" 

"Four days, Your Highness."

.... Beautiful. Taeyeon fanned herself with her hand while pointing at the first three dresses. "We only need to bring 4 dresses. Take al of them but the last one because I don't want Ten to make fun of me in that." 

Nayeon quickly took the three dresses in her arms while making a confused face. "Make fun of you? Of what, Your Highness???"

This servant, innocent and dumb as ever. "You see!" Taeyeon opened her arms wide as if she was asking for a hug but that wasn't her intention. "I have small s." 

"YOUR HIGHNESS!!!!!!!!!" Nayeon's face went bright red, woah, did she go too far? But that was the truth! Taeyeon then pointed at her legs: "And I'm not that much tall like Choi Jinri, in conclusion, I'm not as perfect as Choi Jinri so if I wear the things like she wears, obviously I will look like a joke to everyone." 

It was true, Kim Taeyeon had never worn anything that was revealing before. Nayeon thought to herself as she nodded sadly. "Understood, Your Highness." Taeyeon nodded and went outside to breathe some fresh air. 

Wait, did you really think that Nayeon was an obedient girl? Not to mention she was a hardcore Crown Prince x Crown Princess shipper... 

 

"I want to ride the horse!" Because first of all, she had never rode a horse before. They had no horses in Seoul and everytime she traveled, she always went to big cities so still, no horses. And another reason was that everyone decided to put her in the same carriage with the Crown Prince. It was the Empress' idea because she wanted both of them to have a good time watching the beautiful scene as they travel. 

Of course, Taeyeon would never let that happen. Watching the scenes outside while travelling was the best but if she was put in the same carriage with Ten then everything would be ruined. No matter how much Nayeon, Sinbi and Eunha tried to convince her, she still wanted to ride the horse. Also, she had to be one of the first horses on the front. Nayeon said it wouldn't be a good idea because Ten's carriage was behind the Emperor and Empress' carriage so he wouldn't be able to watch her and of course, Taeyeon loved her plan even more.

The man who was holding the horse looked at her with a confused face. Obviously, a case like that never happened before so he was really afraid that the Emperor would chop his head if he knew he let the Crown Princess ride a horse instead of staying inside the carriage and being carried. They were all fighting until they heard the Crown Prince's approvement. 

Before Ten went back to his carriage, he didn't forget to give her a death glare and even though Taeyeon felt threatened, she still put on a tough look. 

With that, she climbed on the horse and the trip began.  

"Choi Soomshin, right?" Taeyeon talked to the man next to her. He must be the most trustworthy person in the imperial because the Emperor let him lead everyone else. 

Soomshin nodded his head and he greeted the Crown Princess with politeness. Soomshin was around his 40s. Taeyeon smiled happily at the man: "This is my first time riding a horse, it's so exciting!!!" 

Soomshin let out a small chuckle, "Crown Princess, they don't usually teach a girl how to ride a horse but seeing how happy you are, I think I'm going to teach my daughter how to ride a horse as well." 

He had a daughter? Of course he had a daughter, he seemed to be younger than the Emperor a bit so perhaps his daughter was younger than her. "I agree." Taeyeon nodded her head. "Before she becomes a grumpy and rebellious teenger then you should teach her or else it's going to be really hard!" And she let out a somewhat evil laugh.

He laughed along, he never thought that the Crown Princess understood parents' thoughts like that! "Actually, she's also around your age, Your Highness."

Around her age? That'd be good, they could be friends and they could go around riding horses all day! "Really??? When can I meet her?" 

Suddenly, Soomshin's smile disappeared. He was still smiling but his eyes became distant and the smile seemed more awkward and forced. Taeyeon noticed that and he knew she notcied that as well but he couldn't do anything. He wasn't a good actor. Soomshin inhaled and let out a small sigh. "It's Choi Jinri, Your Highness. Prince Jaehyun's fiance."

.... Oh . Taeyeon stared at the man for over ten seconds then looked back at her horse. She was riding a milky white horse, beautiful, looked like a unicorn as well. Except it did not have a horn on its head. Taeyeon patted the horse's neck as she said: "Now that I think about it, you two really do look alike, hahaha... Jinri is a nice girl, she deserves all the best things in the world." 

"Thank you, Your Highness." Soonshim felt relief. "My family visited you many times but you were still in a coma, I was so busy the previous days I couldn't meet up with you and talk properly so I sent my daughter over your palace a few days ago, she didn't say much but I hope you forgave her, Your Highness?" 

Taeyeon shook her hand, "Don't worry, it was an accident that none of us expected." 

Soonshim smiled warmly even though he was still looking forward. "Your Highness, you are going to make a wonderful Empress."

Huh........ A wonderful Empress...

"Your Highness, Crown Prince also loves this horse a lot, he always wants to play with it. When he was younger, he played with it everyday but now that he has grown up, he can't visit the horse more often... What I'd love to say is that Your Highness, you and the Crown Prince are truly born for each other, you love the same things even when it comes to animals."

... So he was Jinri's father and what he meant was that Ten suited her more than Jinri. Very nice, Mr. Choi. However, it really looked like he loved them as a married couple judging his expression. "Uh... What else do we have in common?" She asked, she really wanted to know how similar Ten and the original Crown Princess was. 

Soonshim thought, was the Crown Princess really did not notice the things between her and Ten? "Well, forgive me if I'm wrong but you two love animals, you two can't even kill an insect." Taeyeon coughed slightly, anyone want to remind him animals and insects were two different kinds? "You two are really good at drawing and love to wander around the cherry blossom forests and gardens together, you two love to sneak out of the palace... I'm sure there are many things, Your Highness. I think that husband and wife having a hard time to communicate is also a normal thing so you should open up more to the Crown Prince." 

Was he worrying about Ten? Ugh, Ten was the reason why the two of them couldn't feel comfortable around each other. To think about it though, Ten said he didn't hate her and would never hate... Perhaps right now was really the hard time for the married couple. Ugh, she kicked the horse's belly lightly to find it so... soft and... wait, why did it feel like the horse was pregnant?! 

"STOP!!!!!!!" Taeyeon screamed and immediately, everyone stopped moving w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter