2. The Colours of Melancholy

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is one big reason why I particularly hate my room. Every time I need to enter my private space, instead of being glad that I could have a moment for myself, I felt the exact opposite of that. I dreaded the time I have to go inside the room because of that window. The window which face directly into Kyungsoo’s room where I got a clear view of his room and so does he with mine. Worse, mom bought me a see through curtain that didn’t help me at all to cover my room from his view. I did argue about it but she said my room didn’t have enough light coming in so she wanted me to use it. In the end, I begrudgingly accept her logic and decided to come up with my own method.

Since I don’t want him spying on me due to this messed up build, (not that I think highly of myself but this is an important precaution for my own privacy), I put up a humongous black card I bought at a really low price in a bookstore and pasted them all over the window to ensure he can’t see me from outside. My action turned up badly because my parents had to pay extra money for electricity due to the fact, I practically switched on the light in the room for 24 hours almost everyday the whole month.

Mum nagged and complained so much about it, I was forced to take it off after the latest bill came to our house with a terrifying digit that almost caused my dad to have a heart attack. She barged into my room with a red face and spanked my head with a wooden spatula that hurts like hell when they came into contact with my poor arm and I end up bruised and battered. Reluctantly, I tore off the card mercilessly and glared at Kyungsoo when he eyed me weirdly from his room. As always he will don that smirk I hated so much.

Another horrible fact is that his table is just right in front of his window and every day I can see his face whenever I want to sleep because my bed was positioned facing the window. Even if I pulled my curtain shut, I can still see him. In the end, I just ignored his presence and completely shut him off. We didn’t talk at all after the library accident. Its been exactly 2 weeks which I like the idea that he finally stop bothering me. I watched his room from my window, seeing it is dark and breathe a sigh of relief. Though, we didn’t talk, it does feel awkward if I saw him in his room and since nowadays I rarely close my window especially at night because I want the cold night air to cool the room, I always saw him studying. Occasionally, I caught him looking but he pretended as if nothing happened.

Stupid dude. I blame the fate that he moved to the house right next to mine. Worst out of all, the distance between our house are terribly close, with only an arm length of a distance from my window to his. If I would like to assassinate Kyungsoo in his sleep, I could just jump from my window to his room without a single scratch, it is as simple as that. However, I never have any bad intention to do that, rather avoiding him would be the best. Obviously, he thought the opposite when he come crashing inside my room in the middle of night, right at the moment when I was too busy focused on reading, freaking me out with his sudden intrusion.

If I didn’t recognize his perfectly shiny black hair, those pair of doe eyes and that thick eyebrows he always scrunched up when he become serious after landing perfectly on his feet on my bedroom floor, his bones might already been broken beyond repair by now if I launch my taekwondo skills on him.

“What the hell, Kyungsoo!” I hiss venomously, imitating a vicious snake as I glare at him. He brush his hair off with his hand, acting nonchalantly and ignoring my question. He walks around my room lazily, his eyes wanders around at the random stuff lying in my room. I feels extremely conscious watching him invading my space and looking at all of the things scattered in my room.

“Just wanted to visit my lovely neighbour. Nice room, by the way,” he said. His flat tone irked me. Seriously, what is his problem. I thought he wasn’t at home when I checked earlier. Since when he become a ninja by jumping to my room with such ease and stealth. Quietly like a mouse.

“Really?!” I asked, astonished and a little bit irritated. He shrug, putting up a small smile. Well, I’m not even sure if that could be called smiling.
His smile doesn’t reach his eyes, it just stay low and knowing him it looks forced. Even if most of the time he always had the teasing smile, this one he put on looks like an act and he does it terribly.

“Get out of my room while I’m playing nice. I will give you 10 seconds before I report this to my parents”. A threat should do the work and I’m lying when I said 10 because I will only count to 5 seconds before I kick him. I stands up from my seat and facing him directly leaving a bit distance between us.

“You wouldn’t do that if I were you,” he say softly. Both of his hands tucked inside the pocket of his trousers. A slump of tiredness and dark look on his face is seen and I don’t know what to make out from that.

“Why is that so? I don’t understand you at all,”. He take a steps forward which made me takes a step backward. Why is he being so weird?

Unfortunately being a middle child, I was forced to stick with the smallest room in the house and the size of my room was considerably small for someone like me. Most of my stuff took almost half o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter