9. Worry

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Super late post but just wanna mention that Love Shot and Tempo are the bop of the century. I'm lovin Kyungsoo's look this comeback especially in the Love Shot mv.

Time pass by and I only realized it’s dinner time when my stomach rumbles loudly. It’s a wonder that Kyungsoo doesn’t wake up from the loud noise coming from my stomach because I noticed the person whom sitting on the table beside ours seem to hold his laugh as his face contorts weirdly. I hug myself while cursing under my breath out of embarrassment. I was amazed Kyungsoo is able to sleep through the chatters and glass clinking at the cafe fills in the space where I was easily distracted by the noise around me. But the truth is, I was more distracted with his presence in front of me as I found myself constantly checking him every few minutes. The thought bothers me every time I caught myself staring at him mindlessly and I snap myself to reality after but then unconsciously I did it again to the point I question myself about it. Glancing at my watch, it shows 8.35 pm and I look outside to see it’s already dark. Street lamps light up illuminating the dark road with its brightness. I checked my phone and see the message dad sent me asking me where I am and I quickly type a reply saying I was still at university. He immediately replied after telling me to be careful and make sure to be back home before midnight. I answer him with a short message of okay. Putting down my phone on top of the table, I look at the top of Kyungsoo’s head and slowly trails my eyes down to his face, seeing his peaceful features sleeping soundly. I was startled when he suddenly open his eyes.

Kyungsoo rubs his bleary eyes with his right hand. He still looks tired after 4 hours of sleep, the hard table probably contributes to the lack of comfortableness. I watch him blinks his eyes several times in attempt to wake up but as soon as our eyes met, a small smile form on his ruby lips. Feeling embarrassed for getting caught, I avert my eyes away. I stuff my things inside my bag and stand up. He didn't move from his seat but he stretch his arms above his head while yawning. I waits for him at the side of the table just to see his head moving back and forth. He doesn't seem to be fully awake.

“Kyungsoo,” I call his name. He respond to the call by turning his head to look at me. His sleepy face just looks too cute and I had to resist myself from pinching his cheek.

“You should go home and sleep. You don't look too great,” I tell him.

“Yeah, you are right. I do need some good quality rest,”he mumbles. I nod and wait for him but he still doesn’t move as he stares blankly to the front .

“Uhm well aren't you going home?” I ask after seeing him doesn't budge  from his seat at all.

“I will,” he says then he start to stand up but it seems like he was too sleepy to stand properly as he stagger clumsily. Luckily, I was standing quite close to him and I grab hold of his shoulder to keep him balance. He leans his body forward to me for support as his head falls comfortably on my shoulder. I become frozen with the sudden contact. Not wanting to be in this awkward position any longer, I try to push him gently but his head remains close to my face.

“Kyungsoo, wake up,” I tap his back gently, feeling my cheek heat up with the close proximity. I can almost feels his breath at the side of my face. He shakes his head first refusing to move. I coax him nicely saying that my back hurts since we are in an awkward position. Only then, he stands up straight. I have to hold both of his arms even after he pulls away from me. “Are you fully awake now?” I ask him and he just nods.

I let go of his arms and step aside from him keeping a distance. I walk towards the door and he follows me from behind. Once we are outside of the cafe, I face him. He looks sober by now though the tiredness is still visible on his dark eye bag.

“I’m heading somewhere else,” I tell him. He quirks his eyebrow in confusion.

“Where?” he ask curiously.

“Just somewhere,” I answer him shortly, avoiding eye contact.

“Alright. I will see you later,” he smiles then walk away. I didn't manage to ask him what does he mean by his last word because he start to walk away without waiting for me to say anything. I sigh watching his back slumps.

He staggers with every steps he takes but then keeps his balance soon after. When he almost reach the front gate of the university, he stumbles but manage to prevent himself from falling down. From behind, he looks like a drunken man. I shakes my head and turn to the direction I'm supposed to go. As I walk, my mind was filled with so many bad thoughts regarding Kyungsoo as I worries whether he will arrive at his house in one piece or not. I’m worried that he might collapse to the ground out of fatigue or he might stumbles and got into an accident. All of this negative thoughts swirling in my mind just keeps making me anxious and without any further thinking my feet took off by itself as I sprint towards Kyungsoo. Luckily, he didn’t get far and I was able to catch up with him quickly. Within minutes i was beside him. He didn't notice me at first but once he register my presence, he stop in his track. He seems surprised.

“Hanna, aren't you going somewhere?” The way he says my name made my stomach knot.  

“I will after I drop you off and make sure you are safe and sound,” I says honestly. A pleasant surprise wash his face as his eyes lights up.

“I can walk back home without any help. I'm a grown man, you don't need to worry about me” he gently says and push me back to the direction I was heading before.

I spin my body towards him. A grown up who barely can keep his eyes open can end up in a terrible accident if he wasn’t awake enough and walking while sleepy is as bad as a drunk man trying to drive a car,” my word bounces in the still area. He clears his throat.

“I may look tired but I’m fully aware of my surrounding so I will be fine,” he says persistently. “ Just go on your way,” he turns me again.

“You are too stubborn, Kyungsoo,” I mutter under my breath and then takes his hand into my grip and pulls him with me. He was surprised by the unexpected action. I can feel him jolt but he doesn't pull his hand away. Instead, he follows my pace slowly. I didn't say anything throughout the whole journey. Occasionally, I glimpse at Kyungsoo from the side and see his lips pulled up just a tiny bit. His hand is warm, the feelings of his fingers tightening around my hand gives me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter