11. The Hidden Sincerity

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Hidden Sincerity (Part I)

Kim Jongin keeps his gaze on Kyungsoo without turning to me even once. He doesn't show much emotion, a trait that I had always find intimidating. I never personally interact with him though I know about him from seeing him with Kyungsoo and sometimes when I met Yixing at his practice room, he will be there too. He is quite well known in our college due to his superior dancing skill and it's an ability that he doesn't shies away from as he constantly perform in many festivals. He even earned quite a number of awards in competitions as far as I know and also a considerable amount of admirers.

However, seeing him now face to face is making me flustered because I was caught in an awkward situation. I mean not caught as if we are doing something wrong but coincidentally stumble into Kyungsoo's friends that I was unfamiliar with and not being prepared for it left me feeling nervous. Kyungsoo laughs nervously as he stares back at his friends. I don't know where to look at so I keep my head down after seeing his two friend's curious eyes on me. This is so awkward and weird. I had never properly interact with all three of them as we mostly just pass each other in campus though sometimes Kyungsoo does stop to tease me occasionally in their presence. But they never participated in our interaction rather stand at the back and watch us quietly from the side.

"Oh, aren't you the girl Kyungsoo always talk about? I recognize you," said Oh Sehun. He smiles at me charmingly. I look up to see him give the smile and have to admit he is a good looking guy.

I remember him mostly because he was always seen walking with Kyungsoo at the college. The tall guy beside him whisper to Sehun, a confused expression on his face. I watch them but avert my gaze when the guy whom I barely recall his name as Park Chanyeol turn to me. I didn't see him around much but occasionally saw him at the cafe Kyungsoo usually hang out and surprisingly I do know his name.

"Oh, is it true? You're the girl I heard them talking about?" He ask me then.

I'm so confused on what they are saying. Did Kyungsoo talk about me to them? What did he say about me? Those question swirls in my head, I change my gaze to him who merely stand beside me. He turns to me before giving me an assuring smile.

"Guys, you are freaking her out. She didn’t even get the chance to say anything and also Jongin, stop with that stare. I'll explain," Kyungsoo taps his friend on the shoulder.

Jongin drop his gaze and wait patiently at his seat. They all look at Kyungsoo in anticipation while I stare awkwardly at him.

"Sorry for that," he apologize to me. "No, its okay," I shake my head.

"She's my neighbour, our house is beside each other. I'm only here with her for lunch," he states truthfully. They all nod in understanding but I noticed Jongin looks slightly doubtful because he seems to be in a deep thought for a moment there. I don't know why but then I see Chanyeol's eyes light up.

"Hey, come and join us. We can talk more and get to know each other," the guy said happily.

"Uh," I hesitated, staring helplessly at Kyungsoo.

"By the way, I'm Park Chanyeol," he introduced himself still keeping the smile on his lips intact.

"I'm Cho Hanna. Nice to meet you," I replied him with a polite nod.

"Hanna, yes, yes that’s the name. Its what Kyungsoo always said in his dre-," Sehun excitedly said before he was cut off by Kyungsoo.

"Guys, I think we will just eat by ourselves because I invited her and I don't think Hanna will feel comfortable eating with a bunch of guys," he said while looking at me attentively.

I caught Kim Jongin observing Kyungsoo when he said that and then for the first time, he looks at me with this intense gaze. He didn’t smile at all but I can see why people really like him, its because he has such a strong aura plus his deep eyes are so mesmerizing.

"Oh, why? We can try to get to know each other. That way, she will be comfortable with us. Plus I'm curious about her. Won't you join us, Hanna?" Sehun pout childishly. Why is he acting cute to me? That was unexpected coming from such a tall guy.

I don’t even know what response should I give. This is a situation that I will avoid the most since I'm not a sociable person. I tend to shy away from talking with stranger especially boys because I will get really shy and awkward with them. Kyungsoo and Yixing were exception because they felt comfortable to be with.

Jongin suddenly speak up after Sehun. "Let them be, Sehun. It's up to them to join us or not. Beside, we are already start eating and almost finish with our food. They just arrived for lunch,".

In my head, I thank God that Kim Jongin is being sensible and helpful. I prefer to have a lunch with Kyungsoo alone and not being interrogated by his friends. Kyungsoo seems kind of relieved with Jongin's words.

"Maybe next time we will join you. I will see you guys this evening, okay," he pats Sehun's shoulder who looks kinda bummed that we didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter