7. Comfort and warm hug

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing I see when I woke up in the morning today is a white paper plastered on Kyungsoo’s window. Rubbing the sleepiness away with my hand, I read what's written on the paper slowly. It says “Meet me outside 9.30 am”. I check the time and see I have an hour to get ready so I move from my bed to go to the bathroom. Putting on a black sweater and a black jeans, I combed my hair and stands in front of the mirror contemplating whether to put on a makeup or not. Deciding that it may looks overboard with makeup, I discarded the thought and opts to just putting some lip balm. I don't want him think I'm putting an effort to look good for him. The thought disturbs me. I opened the door to my house and see Kyungsoo is leaning on the fence of his house. He looks handsome, shining under the bright sunlight.

“Right on time,” he smile dazzlingly, looking up from his watch. He stares at me as I walk to his place. I become self-conscious of myself since his stares always feels intimidating. Not sure if its because of his deep orbs pulling you to him like a blackhole or his enticing gaze had finally invades my mind nowadays.

I grip my bag tightly, feeling awkward to greet him but managed a tiny smile in the end. I stand in front of him, rubbing my arms stiffly. He push away from the fence, looking straight at me.

“You could have texted me of the plan instead of using the note. I could have missed it if I didn't look out through the window,” I muttered in an attempt to cover up the blush that is threatening to form on my face. The image of him kissing my cheek came flooding as he leans closer to me.

“Its a great display and simple to do so why not? By the way, you always look out through your window whenever you wake up in the morning” He shrug his shoulder, smiling from ear to ear.

He knows my habit very well. I merely gaze at him, trying to erase the image of him from yesterday by clicking an imaginary delete button in my head while he moves pass me.

“Just a quick head up, where are we going?” I ask, trailing behind him when he starts to walk forward. His hands tuck inside the pocket, whistling as he stride.

“You will see,” he answers vaguely then continues humming to fill in the silence.

Following his footsteps, we arrived at the bus stop. I check the destination when we aboard the bus number 57 and it goes straight to Narae. We sit at the back row quietly. There’s a woman with a young boy sitting on his lap in front of us, an old man with his walking stick hangs on the seat, a youngster dozing off with his headphone blasting loudly and two girls giggling in the middle seat, finding the sight of the boy amusing. I watch the scene goes by, absorbed in observing their daily lives. The engine roared at the back as the bus moves on the sparse road with cars going faster than the bus. A few minutes pass by until Kyungsoo suddenly speaks up.

“Aren’t you curious where I’m taking you today?” He ask while facing the window beside him. I sidewatch him, rolling my eyes at his obvious question.

“I have been asking you about the destination since yesterday but you were being too secretive and keeps me at bind of where is it. Now, you are asking me the most obvious thing?” I noticed he smiles a bit as I let out my feelings.

“There is a reason why I didn't tell you straight away. Its kind of difficult to bring it up,” he states still with his eyes trained on the outside scene. I didn't look at him instead I stare ahead at the little boy whose facing me now. His eyes big and curious as he stares at me.

“Sooner or later, we are heading to the place you wanted to go so I’ll know where it is eventually. However, there must also be a reason of why you’re bringing me there and its what I want to know from you,” I smiled at the little boy, pulling a face to make him laugh. The boy remains expressionless, probably weirded out at this strange lady making an ugly face at him.

He chuckles then, his laugh rings in my ear. It is a sound he likes to make these days too whenever he’s with me. There are small changes about him that I discover myself after we spend a lot of time together. “By the time we arrive at the place, I will tell you why. For now, will you stop making that hideous expression?” He pinch my cheek lightly.

I was so startled with the touch and unconsciously flinch from the contact. After regaining my composure, I glare at him from the side and he laughs. His contagious laugh influenced the little boy where he also giggles happily. It made me smile slightly and not to get caught by him, I turn my face the other way. But I can see his reflection on the window on my side where he smirk at me to which I wipe the smile instantly and putting a poker face just to avoid his gaze.

We bask in the silence walking between us after. I break the quietness first as I ask him something I have always wanted to know.

“Uhm, how’s your head?” I ask him dumbly before I even aware what my mouth is talking about.  He chuckles in surprise.

“Why do you ask on thing happenend almost a year ago? This accident happened a long time ago,” he raises his brow curiously.

“I’m just curious, thats all,” I defend myself lamely. Also, I’m extremely humiliated now so to cover up the embarassment I bravely look at him. I want to appear strong and I’m not backing up from getting an answer though I myself thought I was being fool for asking.

Kyungsoo changes his gaze from the window to me. His mouth tilt weirdly to the side as if suppressing a snicker. I become irritated. “You don't have to answer if you think it’s stupid to tell me,” I snorted.

“Impatient and hot-tempered as always. Cho Hanna, you never fail to impress me,” he said, adding more fuel to the fire. I’m already annoyed at him and he tries to get me more worked up.

“Chill, I’m joking. Stop being so scary,” he chuckles but it sounds restrained. Something seems a bit off about Kyungsoo, I noticed.

“My head heals faster than expected even the doctor found it surprising. He said its a miracle that I don't suffer from concussion because it was quite a great impact to my skull after hitting the hard floor. However, considering I need 18 stitches on my head, it was a pretty bad case but luckily the brain scan doesn't shows any sign of damage to my head plus the recovery is very quick so all is good now,” he explained. I feel bad for being childish. I was relieved after hearing his reassuring statement.

“It must hurts like hell, right?” He register my question, tilting his head to the side like a cat playing with its paws.

“What kind of question is that? Of course, it hurts as if my skull cracks into two. Don't you remember how I fall from the stairs?” He gives me shivers with his burning gaze. I gulped, guilty fills me with his question.

He takes my hand and place it on top of his head. His hair feels smooth on my fingertips, guiding me to the exact place of the wound. Once I discover the rough part where his wound is, I grimace feeling the long scar hidden very well by his hair. Kyungsoo cuts his hair short when he was hospitalized and after that he maintained the same length ever since.

“What do you think?” He inquires. The pit of my stomach hurts when he said i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter