13. Blossom

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I wait patiently at the table. Kyungsoo didn’t budge from his seat as he leaned back on his chair. Those memories were awakened in me and I stared at him with a newfound feeling of uncertainty. These past weeks had been different in terms of our relationship, it progressed more than just a simple acquaintance to something that even I myself found it difficult to comprehend. I sat, waiting for him to speak more on what he meant by our first encounter. 

“About what you said that night, it stuck in my head to this day. You left quite a big impression on me with the words you told me. Though, I was hoping we could meet up again after that night, it never happened because it felt as if you were avoiding me,” he states. His face remained impassive though a slight frown appeared for a second on his handsome face. 

I gulped nervously, recalling the memory as best as I could. I remembered most of them surprisingly since it stuck in my head for a while.

"I'm not avoiding you, it's just that there were other things and so many things happened at the time," I gave out an explanation. He stares at me straight with his eyes bore deeply into mine. 

"You were giving an excuse, Hanna. I know for a fact you did avoid me. Is it because I fell at that time? If it's that, it's all in the past, you know,". He asserted as his voice became gentler. I wince at the reminder of his accident. 

"But you fell because of me! I shouldn't have let that happen, I, I" I trailed off, not knowing what to say. I felt as if apologizing wasn't enough and it hurts. Guilt is a terrible feeling. We talked about this incident on the bus the last time that we went to his parent’s grave but the mere mention of the past always brought that guilty feeling all over again. 

Kyungsoo sighs, evident of concern shone in his eyes. "Hanna, I decided to save you and it's not your fault it happened. It was my own self who acted in that situation on my own accord. You don't have to blame yourself. I wished you would let go of the burden you hold, I never blame you" he smiled slightly to assure me. 

I know he said that out of concern for me but I was too traumatised by the incident. It was a bad accident that happened exactly 2 weeks after Kyungsoo entered college. I didn't meet him after the family dinner because I was away for a conference somewhere else and other things started to come, making our first meeting occur at the dreaded staircase at the college's hallway. He recognized me immediately when he saw me ascend the stairs and a smile appeared. I smiled back though it was very awkward on my part while his came naturally. When I almost reached the top of the stairs where he was currently standing, a boy who was passing by Kyungsoo bumped rather harshly at me as his eyes were focused on the phone in his hands. I lost my balance since I was still walking up the stairs and my hands flailed to find any support or railing to grip on but found there was nothing I could do. The only thing I saw at that time was the bewildered shock on Kyungsoo's face as he lunges forward and at that time, all I can think about is how I'm going to die at that moment. But surprisingly, what I thought its gonna be a hard impact turns out to be less painful than what I expected. 

I opened my eyes slightly, noticing a sharp pain on my side but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter