1. Silent Love

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stupid.

Extremely, completely, ridiculously, annoyingly, unbelievably, exaggeratingly, totally and absolutely stupid.

Yes, you should recite each word one by one with an intense amount of despise and disgust to fully elaborate the rage inside your body as if those words are directed to your biggest and worst enemy.

That is exactly what am I doing currently as I’m staring as hard as I can at his head, that irritating block head of his. Since his annoying face is hidden from my view, I cursed under my breath while sitting just in front of him. The imaginary terrible words in my head that circulate my brain, I’m spitting them out quietly. Well, I’m hoping he catch some of the not-so-pleasant sentences so he should be by now awake and deal with me. Unfortunately, that big head of his doesn’t even budge though I did intentionally let out “stupid” a bit louder than the previous word I said.

He plants his face on the table and the only feature I can see now is his black hair. It’s been approximately 30 minutes he stays in the same position and not budging even the slightest. It irks me so much. I barely contain my anger from lashing out at him when he came in 15 minutes late before but since we are in a library; I manage to keep my rage in check. However, this is getting too much.

This dumb idiot should know that I don’t have time to waste idling away doing nothing. If I could smack his thick skull (in which I know very well he had an incredibly thick skull because of the past accident where he falls down from the stairs last year and miraculously survived the hard impact to the concrete floor), I will gladly do so without any remorse. Truthfully, I will be damn satisfied and joyous after committing such act.

Oh, how much I wanted to do that. But I need to control the burning anger and the inner voice that persistently telling me to do exactly that. This all because I had promised mum not do any violence act at school anymore, it’s a promise I had kept for 5 years now. She will go furious if I act out of boundary and she will be more so if I harm Do Kyungsoo.

There I said his name, the name that I despise so much. I better not act harshly, if not I may end up expelled for good. Stupid me for even thinking about it. What a sick fate I’m being thrown into, I regretted and resented Mrs. Na for all of this. If she wasn’t such an old nag who wanted perfect for everything then I may not even be here to deal with this idiot. She should stop from trying to pair her students randomly for any assignment she gave us. Lately, I’m sick of the method because I always end up with a terrible partner but still survived through it. However, this current pairing where I’m stuck with this idiot finally makes me blow up.

With each second tick by, each minute wasted, I unconsciously stab my black pen onto the white paper I laid out before. Its purpose to write important points of our supposed discussion which didn’t occur yet had now changed its role to become my sacrificial exchange for the real Do Kyungsoo as I murder my pure and blank paper into a bloody scene of inks splattered across them. My hands keep the motion and I glance around the library to see Mr. Kim’s whereabouts. I have been praying badly for him to not be in the library but immediately falters when I spot him at the professor’s lounge (he is reading a newspaper), he looks up and smile at me. I forced myself to form a smile on my face, the stiffness of the muscle around my mouth is hurting me more than the paper I massacred.

I change my gaze and lock my eyes with a fair skinned guy, wearing spectacles and looking slightly odd, though he is good looking but had that old man kind of aura. He eyes me warily, looking back and forth between my poor paper and my face. I glare at him dangerously, making an action with my free hand as if I’m going to hit him and he immediately duck down his head in fear. Poor guy must think I had gone mad, he probably thinks someone should catch this lunatic girl before she harms the guy sitting in front of her. Well, he needs to do that fast before I really execute my thought of strangling Do Kyungsoo 3 minutes from now. Luckily, this idiot finally picks up my crazy thought when I hear his annoying voice rings in my ear.

“Am I too attractive for you to stare so long?” he opens his mouth. With the smirk that now donning his lips, I badly wanted to wipe it off. I roll my eyes exasperatingly, there is no point replying the jerk.

“Self-conceited,” I mutter under my breath. Be patient, there are approximately 45 minutes to go.

“When did I ever stare at you?” I remark.

“You just did, 5 minutes ago before you get distracted. 21 minutes to be exact,” he replies nonchalantly. I roll my eyes exasperatedly. He wasn’t sleeping and he enjoys my torture of waiting for him. Relax, Hanna, he’s your partner and you need to cooperate and finish this together.

If I could bail out from this meeting, I will do that much to my enjoyment but then Mr. Kim is keeping his eyes on us and he threatened me before I enter the library to tell tale our non-cooperation to Mrs. Na if we didn’t do the assignmen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter