Six

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day.'

 

What's on your mind?

Staring blankly at the computer screen, Chaeyoon had almost nothing on her mind. Facebook stared back. It seemed to be like forcing her to do at least something. She then began to scroll down the page and read through her friends' status updates.

 

Jeon Wonwoo is feeling loved. - with Yoon SaeHyeon

5 mins · Seoul

Her cooking skill is no joke! ♥

Like   •   Comment   •   Share

Kim Mingyu, Joshua Hong, and 10 others like this.

 

Kwon Soonyoung is travelling to Tokyo, Japan. - with Lee Jihoon and Wen Junhui

10 mins · Seoul

See you again soon, Korea! :D

Like   •   Comment   •   Share

Lee Chan, Xu Minghao, and 20 others like this.

 

Jamie Hong

12 mins · Daegu

Choi Seungcheol just popped the question, and I said yes!

Like   •   Comment   •   Share

Joshua Hong, Yoon SaeHyeon, and 29 others like this.

 

"Choi Seungcheol popped the question..." Chaeyoon mentally read the status, still couldn't register the meaning behind those words.

Minkyung who was just finished making her tea passed by, and stopped to join Chaeyoon. "Is your sister-in-law getting married?"

Oh, wait...

Chaeyoon widened her eyes. "Is it?! Oh, yes, it is!" She quickly pulled out her phone and dialled JaeMi's number.

"Hey, Chaeyoon~" A sweet voice came out from the speaker.

"JaeMi unnie!" Chaeyoon nearly shrieked. "I can't believe it! I can't believe that you are going to get married! Congratulations!"

"Aww, you knew it? Thank you so much! Oh, there's one thing. I wanna ask you to be my bridesmaid, can you? And my twin is going to be Seungcheol's best man."

Chaeyoon almost couldn't believe her ears. This means Joshua and her were going to be partners! "You are serious, right, unnie? There won't be a problem! Of course I am willing to be your maid of honour!"

"Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! We will be taking our wedding photos probably around next month. I will inform you about the details later on, okay? If that's all, I will end the call, hmm? The movie is going to start at anytime."

"Ok, bye, unnie! Enjoy your date~" She pressed the red icon excitedly. Merely thinking of the scene where Joshua and her could spend more time together made her cheeks went burning hot.

"You are happy." Minkyung elbowed her best friend. Chaeyoon turned around to face her. "Yes, I am! My chance is coming, and I will never let go of it that easily!"

And there she goes, Lee Chaeyoon finally could have the opportunity to take her first step. Towards him.

• • •

Dear Chaeyoon,

       First of all, I would like to apologize for not showing up on your birthday. I'm not sure whether you care about it but still I feel like saying sorry. However, I'm pretty sure that you won't be wanting to see my face so I wrote a letter instead. I hope you don't mind reading this and please don't rip this off even after you finish it.

       Forgive me for not saying this to you face to face, but have a sweet 24th birthday, Chaeyoon. May your life filled with luck and happiness. Also, I am expecting you to like the necklace. I have spent some time to choose the best one for you. ㅋㅋ

       Well, I am saying sorry again, for what I have done previously. I really didn't mean to frighten you or what, but I tend to do things by following my heart rather than following the mind, especially when I get emotional.  I am just another typical Aries. Oops, looks like I am influenced by SaeHyeon noona. Anyway, I really hope that you will still give me a chance to, at least, be your friend.

       Chaeyoon, let's start again, don't we?

Sincerely,

Kim Mingyu

 

Chaeyoon folded the paper and kept it inside the envelope for the nobody-knows-how-many-times. Weird, it had been her habit ever since the first time she read it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter