Eighteen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'The heart wants what it wants.'

 

The sound of sneakers rubbing with the cold tiles of hospital could be heard. Chaeyoon was now dashing along the hallway after receiving a call, bringing along glances from people around her. She approached the nurses working at the counter. "Umm, excuse me... May I know-"

"Noona, I'm here!" Chaeyoon turned around and saw her brother was waving at her. She went to him and cupped his face. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you bad?" She then saw bruises on his arm. "See what you got there. For years I have been telling you not to involve in a fight!"

"Chaeyoon unnie, don't blame him. It's all because of me." The girl beside Chan held on Chaeyoon's hand gently. "He just wanted to protect me from those gangsters. I'm sorry for causing such trouble."

The elder sighed and released her hands. "It's ok, Arin. I'm glad that at least both of you are fine. Guess both of you walked along abandoned streets again huh?"

"We had to, in order to get to the old shops." Chan touched his arm which was being bandaged. Chaeyoon smiled at them. "If nothing else, let's get going." Both of them nodded.

Just then, a group of nurses sent in a lady towards their way, followed by a few doctors. Three of them immediately made way to the emergency group of people, while Chaeyoon managed to take a look at the patient on the bed, and it was found to be a pregnant woman covered with blood. She felt a sudden panic that she quickly looked to the other side. Under subconsciousness she put her hand on her tummy, while her breath was still heavy.

"Noona... Are you ok?" Chan asked his sister. She looked towards him and forced a smile. "Yes, I'm ok."

No, she's not.

 

Her world was spinning. Slowly Chaeyoon got up from bed, and again found the another side of the bed was empty.

It's been days. It's been days since Mingyu didn't come home. Ever since he went back from his business trip to Canada, he had been acting strange. He was no longer saying how much he loved her from time to time. He was no longer asking whether she was hungry or uncomfortable. He was no longer hugging her to sleep like he always did. He was just...no more showing his love towards her.

One month. There was an one month-old growing inside Chaeyoon, and she never told him about it. She was planning to give him a surprise when it came to their anniversary, which was falling on the day after tomorrow.

But he never showed up after he told her that he would be going for another business trip. Not. Even. A. Message.

"I have a bad feeling." Chaeyoon sighed, and brought her hand to her head. "But this is more painful right now." She checked and there was no painkiller left in their house. Guess she had to pay a visit to the pharmacy nearby.

Grabbing her silk jacket tight, she had to walk a distance of ten minutes. She entered the shop, and the bell on the door jingled. The smells of all different kinds of medicines greeted her nose. The cashier waved at her from his post and she smiled back. Music played through tinny speakers as she searched for the shelves of the right medication. She passed by the section showing pregnancy test kit, which reminded her of herself buying it last week.

 

For days she had been suffered from morning sickness. She was nauseous and liable to vomit at the slightest provocation. She could have thought herself being falling sick, but she recalled of her delayed period. There was something.

The stick was trembling in her hands, so did her breath. A bead of sweat dripped from her face to the stick. She could feel her pulse pounding.

When the stick showed POSITIVE, Chaeyoon sat back and let the happiness soak right into her bones. She closed her eyes and savoured the moment, but never released her grip on the stick.

Girl, Mingyu must be very happy to know this. But he was on his business trip, and never appeared since then.

 

Very soon Chaeyoon found herself standing in front of various brands of painkillers. She let out a heavy sigh, and took the most familiar one. For the first time in her life, she found herself alone. Mingyu was supposed to be there when she was ready to tell him the news. He was supposed to be by her side when she fall sick. He was supposed to be around her when she needed him. But he didn't.

After paying for the medicine, she pushed the door open and greeted the wind. She looked towards the shop lots opposite the road, and saw someone familiar. Too familiar.

Mingyu came out from the cafe which both of them used to go during university days. That day, he went, but another girl was there. She held on his arm and he didn't seem to be irritated. Both of them walked towards his car, without realising Chaeyoon's presence. The car was then driven away.

For a moment Chaeyoon wished she never saw that. Oh how she wished.

When she reached home, she put the medicine aside and sat down. The scene of him and her kept on flushing into her mind. Who is she?

The nausea swirled unrestrained in her empty stomach. Her heart felt as if her blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat.

What could she do at the moment? Gave him a call and ended up everything? Wrote him a letter and left without words? Or assumed nothing happened? She didn't know. All she did was just crying until her energy strained which led her to a deep sleep. Although she was hoping that what she saw just now was all delusion, but nothing could beat off the fact. The fact that Mingyu cheated on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter