Twenty

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Where there is love, there is life.'

 

Chaeyoon opened her eyes and saw a familiar figure. Her head was spinning while looking at the fan above. "Chaeyoon, you're awake." The figure appeared to be clearer and she could finally recognize the face.

"Mingyu..." She spoke but her voice was weak. The guy was holding her hands all the time and he took them tighter in his palms. "The doctor said you are totally fine. Nothing happened like you thought. It was clearly stated at the report here."

Chaeyoon saw the clipboard with paper at her bedside. She was too frail to take it and yet she didn't have the mood to read. She then saw him holding her hands. Slowly she removed her hands from his grip and looked away.

Mingyu felt a little awkward with her action, but he didn't have any idea on it. "Would you like to have something to eat?" She sighed. "No, I'm not hungry."

He stood up and filled the glass with water. He brought it to her. "Drink some. Your throat must be feeling dry." Chaeyoon shook her head. He was a little helpless and placed the glass at the bedside. "The doctor told that you could leave the hospital today. Are you feeling better? If so, we can go home now."

Chaeyoon wanted to get up from bed and Mingyu went to help her. She slapped his hands away. "It's ok. I can do it myself." He shrugged his shoulder and went to get her clothes for her. She took them and waited. Mingyu was still standing there.

"Can you please go out?" She said with a poker face. He then raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Ah, are you feeling shy? It's not that I never saw you getting changed before." He was actually trying to crack up a joke but she didn't react to it. Chaeyoon sat there while looking towards the front.

"Alright, I will leave for a while." He said and went out of the ward.

Chaeyoon stayed rooted to the spot for quite a moment before she proceeded to change her clothes. Despite feeling a little dizzy, those memories were wandering fresh in her mind. She felt so sick, yet her insides were shattering. Every time she thought of a single piece of the memories she could feel raw pain.

If she could, she would never want to meet him at the first place.

Once finished packing her things, she pushed the door open and saw Mingyu standing beside, with a paper cup in his hand. "I bought ginger tea for you."

She looked at him and blinked. "It's ok, you can have it." She continued to walk in front of him, thinking on whether she could call a cab to fetch her home. Her home.

However, her body and soul was not fully recovered, which made her almost collapsed after taking a few steps. Mingyu managed to hold her in his arms and helped her way to his car. "You are still weak."

Eventually she went back to their home.

 

Mingyu settled down the luggages before going beside Chaeyoon, who looked really pale. "Are you ok?" He caressed her shoulder. Eventually she couldn't hold it back anymore and she started to scream. "Enough! I had enough of all these!"

"What's the matter with you?" He replied unpleasantly due to shock but deep inside he was really worried about her. He approached her again and brushed her hair.

She pushed his hand away and yelled. "Don't touch me!"

"Wha-"

"I remembered everything. Kim Mingyu, you lied to me..." She barely breathed peacefully, and she saw his eyes widened with tears. He sighed. "I'm sorry. It was all my fault."

"But a broken heart couldn't be mended with just a sorry, Mingyu. Once it was broken, it was broken for forever." Tears began to drip along her face. "Sorry, but I can't marry a guy like this." She touched her finger, searching for the ring which she was wearing in the past, but then she remembered that it had been taken out since the first moment they fought over the girl.

 

Chaeyoon sat on the bed after locked the room. "No, I won't let it happen, Lee Chaeyoon! I won't let you go!" She heard him. Letting out a groan she took out the ring and threw it aside. The ring fell onto the marble floor and clinked against the bottom of nightstand.

Silence amplified the clinking. Just like her heart which had shattered into pieces.

 

"Why?" Mingyu's harsh voice brought her back from her thought. "Now I love you with all my heart! That was simply a mistake!" He hugged her tightly but she managed to escape from his grip. "You even took my child away... I would never forgive you, Kim Mingyu."

A moment of silence before she continued. "Let's just cancel our engagement." She went upstairs into the bedroom before he could respond. After locking the door, she went beside the bed and hugged her knees before pouring out her emotions. Mingyu was knocking the door so strongly but she forced herself to ignore it.

"Open the door, Chaeyoon. We can talk..." His voice became weak and soon he started to cry. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." Guilty. That's how I felt at that very moment. I wished for a Time Turner so I could go back, rectify the mistake, the worst of all I had done.

If only I could turn back time, I would protect her from everything. Even from myself.

Chaeyoon could hear him. For a second she wanted to open the door and hugged him tightly but the next moment she was flooded with resent. "Don't listen to your heart, Chaeyoon..." She whispered to herself.

Everything flashed into her mind that she couldn't stop crying until she felt tired and fell asleep.

 

When Chaeyoon woke up, it was already the next morning. She stood up and opened the door. Mingyu was still there, wearing the same clothes as the day before. He heard some noises and frowned before opened his eyes weakly. He saw her, and both of them made eye contact for a moment.

He called out her name, but his voice cracked. His lips was so dry and he seemed like a frail puppet held in place by a single fraying string.

She blinked with a poker face on and walked towards the stairs. He was still lying there, feeling so helpless and alone. Before she stepped on the staircase, regret slipped into her body and soul in quiet moments, that she turned slowly to face him.

Mingyu was still staring at her with his swollen eyes, and let out a trembling breath. He looked so...weak, that she had an urge to sacrifice her world for him. They seemed to have a silent conversation as they stared into each others eyes. Chaeyoon finally look away, with tears threatening to blur her vision.

Just then a hand encircled hers. It was soft and warm, reassuring almost, as if the owner of that hand had sensed her feelings.

Within a split of second she went to hug him tightly, and started to sob. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I want to hate you but I can't." And indeed, her love towards him over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter