Five

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I won't give up on you, so don't give up on me.'

 

As usual, 'Coffee with Pups' was flooded with customers, so did the dogs. It was already 11pm and the cafe was still loaded. Baristas were all had their hands moving around without stopping to complete those orders, while the waiters and waitress were sending beverages and sandwiches from tables to tables. At one of the corner, there were a guy and a girl, both wearing sneakers.

Two mugs of hot lemon tea were placed on the table, with one slightly lesser than the other. Some vapour could be seen coming out from the surfaces of the drinks.

"It's so cute, Chan!" The girl couldn't stop smiling after reading the birthday card from her brother. The younger answered. "Glad to see you like it, noona."

After having a busy and tired day, a visit to her friend's cafe was the best option for her. However, being a typical movie night on Wednesday, Soonyoung was nowhere to be found. They could just assume that he went for a movie with his sister and her boyfriend, yet being a bright shining light bulb, again.

Three more days to Chaeyoon's birthday. And this year, a birthday card from Chan was the first present for her to receive.

"Thank you so much! I will keep it with care." She waved the card before putting it into her bag. "Actually noona, I have an important thing need to discuss with you." He finally spoke up when playing with his fingers.

 

Chan had always pondered on when to tell it. He was afraid, that it might give a negative impact on both Mingyu and Chaeyoon. He asked a few friends including Wonwoo, who was the best friend of Mingyu, and also Jihoon, who was always being the rational one.

First, he went to Wonwoo. The elder suggested him to tell her what she needed to know. He mentioned that Mingyu would be emotional for sometimes, and tend to do something without further thinking. And he did. He really did. He had scared Chaeyoon for not only once, but twice. And that's why Chaeyoon had to know the hidden side of him.

Then, he met Jihoon. This hyung said that it was definitely not beneficial for both of them if the situation continued like this - Mingyu taking the initiative, while Chaeyoon being avoiding. No, this cannot be. She was not supposed to face all this without clues. She needed to know something, at least.

 

"Well, noona..." Chan raised his head to look at his sister. Chaeyoon didn't say anything. She was waiting for him to go on. "It's about Mingyu hyung..."

"Oh, that guy? He's extremely annoying. I don't think I will ever like him."

"No, noona. He's actually not like what you think."

Chaeyoon raised an eyebrow. Not actually like what she thought? What else then? Again, she remained silent. At first, Chan was a bit regretted for starting it but still he was going to tell it. She would know all of them one day anyway.

"He is a very good friend of us, and trust me, he is a really nice person!" The younger's voice was serious, just like his expression.

"Nice? Are you sure of that? Look what he had done to me!" She then took a sip of her drink. "Don't try to stand at his side just because he is your friend."

"It's real, noona. Most of the times when I need someone to help, he would be the first one to stand out and lend me a hand. While regarding what he did to you, it was just because..." Chan couldn't hide his giggle. "He has fallen hard for you, noona. So hard that all of us actually know it."

The girl could feel her cheeks went warm. "If that's the case, I won't mind. But what matters is... why does he know almost all of me? I swear we never talk for more than 5 minutes, and he even knows my full name without me telling him."

Chan had his eyes looking towards the right. "Your full name? Umm... It's because I told him. He kept asking me and it's annoying. Yeah, like what you said."

"What about the 'future wife' thing?" Someone opened the door, sending in some cold breeze, which made Chaeyoon to hold her mug tight.

"Umm, this..." He paused. "Ah, perhaps this is just a tactic in order to court a girl."

"Or you can just say 'perhaps he really does know the future', something like that. All of them are not making sense. I can assume that he is trying to court me, but Chan-"

"Just give him some time, noona. I believe that you will see the better side of him. And maybe you will fall for him as well." He nodded to confirm what he said.

"You don't say that, Chan." Chaeyoon laughed and brought the mug to her lips.

Well, perhaps he isn't that bad at all.

• • •

"You did know that you are going too fast, right?" The guy stared at his best friend, with his eyes rather sharp.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter