Eleven

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'The good things in life are better with you.'

 

Chaeyoon looked at it and smiled. "Thank God, my worry has came to an end." She said as she wrapped the things up in a waste paper. Jieun's medication was working well, two days after she took them the menstruation reached her like finally.

"Why would she think that I'm pregnant? She should know, I won't do that before I get married. Plus, I don't even have a boyfriend." She pouted and stepped onto the paddle to open the dustbin.

Chaeyoon rubbed her tummy while coming out from the washroom. She saw her mother waiting for her with a bowl of chicken soup. "Drink it when it's hot."

"Thanks, mom." She smiled.

"Oh, by the way." The elder added. "Just now I saw your phone vibrating. And it stated calling from Joshua Hong. Is he the Jisoo you are always mentioning?"

"Joshua oppa called me?" Chaeyoon widened her eyes and rushed to take her phone. She unlocked it to find three missed calls from him since ten minutes ago. She was about to press the green icon before looking at the other person in her room. "Okay, I know what to do." Her mother stood up and walked to the door. "Don't forget to take your soup!"

"I know, mom." Chaeyoon smiled and immediately called Joshua. "Hello, did you just call me?"

"Umm, yes, I was." His gentle voice could be heard from the other side of the phone. "Are you busy now?'

"Oh, I'm not. Just went out from the washroom. Sorry for not receiving your call."

"I see. I actually wanna ask..." Joshua rubbed the back of his head before continuing. It seemed like it was his first time to be this nervous with her. "Do you want to go out for a dinner with me tonight?"

Chaeyoon could sense this was coming. After hearing his words that night, she began to distant herself from him without knowing the reason behind. Normal girls would just laugh until they cry whenever they received confessions from their crushes, but for Chaeyoon, she barely had those kind of reactions. It feels like there's someone living deep in her heart. And we will just see who is it going to be.

 

"Let me rest for a while before getting down." She forced a random reason, only to grab the last few minutes with him. Joshua took a deep breath before turning to face her. "Well, Chaeyoon... I know it will be surprising for you but..."

She waited.

"Do you want to start a relationship with me?" He blurted out, with Chaeyoon's eyes widened while looking at him.

"Uhh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be asking this now. But still, I want to let you know my feelings." Listening to him saying it word by word, she stared towards the front with trembling breath.

"I..." She began. "I couldn't reply you now."

"It's ok. You can give me the answer whenever you want. I will be always waiting, for you." He smiled warmly, but somehow it did not reach her.

 

"Tonight?" She repeated his words. "Umm, I'm afraid I couldn't make it."

"It's ok, but can I know the reason?"

Chaeyoon let out an awkward laugh. "Just some women business."

"Ah, I get it." He paused. "Then do you want me to get you something hot?"

"Never mind, my mom has got me some chicken soup." She smiled and added. "I'm alright, don't worry."

"Just take care of yourself ok? Looking forward to see you soon." There was a slight giggle coming out from Joshua's mouth which made Chaeyoon to feel more than a small chest flutter before she replied. "Me too."

 

The next morning, Chaeyoon woke up earlier than usual as she had an early sleep the night before. After changing into some fresh clothes and tying her hair up into a messy bun, she went downstairs while holding her phone. The phone buzzed in her hand notifying her that a voicemail had been received and she listened to it immediately.

"Hey, Chaeyoon. It's Josh. I just wanted to make sure you have went for an early sleep. It's quite important for a girl to have a good sleep especially during menstruation. Sorry to bug you if you are already in bed. Just checking on you that's all. Goodnight." Her heart fluttered at the so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter