Fifteen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I like it when you smile. But I love it when I'm the reason.'

 

Chaeyoon stood up and walked to his working seat. She found out that his documents were piling up on the table, and the laptop screen was showing his half-written official letter. "Umm, if you're busy, then it's ok. I was just asking anyway."

"Let's go now." Mingyu said after finishing the lunch box. She almost choked. "I thought you have work?"

"My secretary will cover it up for me." Someone knocked the door and revealed to be a young lady. "Speaking of which, here she comes." Chaeyoon turned around to find her really pretty. At the same time, she felt something just pricked her heart. Ouch. Minkyung was correct.

"Yah, where were you just now?" Mingyu greeted the secretary. She walked to his seat and placed another three files on top. "Your client is so hard to deal with. Oh, hello." She waved towards Chaeyoon with a smile.

"This is my cousin sister, JuYeon. She just graduated at the United States and came back here to be my temporary secretary." He dragged the girl to his front. She looked at him weirdly before turning to Chaeyoon with a bright face. "So nice to see you here."

Chaeyoon replied with a grin. Mingyu stood up and walked towards his cousin. "I'm going out with Chaeyoon, and I'm not sure when will I get back. So can you-"

"I know what to do, bro. Enjoy your date." JuYeon rolled her eyes. "Uhh, lovebirds everywhere."

"Thank you so much, JuYeon!" He smiled happily, just like a child who finally got a lollipop. Chaeyoon could feel her hands being held by a warm one, when walking out of the room.

Mingyu then realised what was he doing and quickly released her hand. Both of them were awkward for a moment until he spoke. "So where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere is fine with me." She shrugged and he smiled. "Actually there's a place which I have always been longing to go recently."

"Where is it?" Chaeyoon raised an eyebrow and asked. "You will know it later." Mingyu replied and left with her, without realising himself grabbing her hand again.

 

Chaeyoon sat in the car quietly while listening to the music from the radio. Later she found out how familiar the road was. "Isn't this the way to Yurim University?"

"Indeed. That's where we are going." Mingyu looked at her and smiled. "I was a student there as well."

"Oh, you were? I don't think I have seen you there." She couldn't believe her ears. Very soon they came to the campus, which was rather huge. Mingyu parked his car at the visitors' area, even though he used to park at the students' area. They got down from the car before Mingyu pressed a button at the car key to lock it.

Both of them began to walk around the campus. Like a great rush of water, memory of those days came back to them.

The wind howled as the students arrived through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends were greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch while some newcomers stood there looking scared.

"It reminds me too much, Mingyu." Chaeyoon said as they strolled down the hallway. It was extremely nostalgic. "We should take a look at the library." The guy beside her nodded.

 

Library was the go-to place for both of them. Mingyu opened the door and Chaeyoon could feel a gush of cold air running through. After three years, the building seemed to be modified a lot. They almost couldn't recognize the route if there were no students around to help them.

Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, and were colour coded with dots. There were floor cushions, comfortable leather arm chairs, and tables for quiet study. The library had muffled stillness, with the students burying themselves among stacks of books. Mingyu saw the librarians at help desk, before whispering to the girl. "And the strict lady is still there." Chaeyoon let out a muted laugh and hit him at the arm, remembering how the lady treated them in the past.

Hushed atmosphere punctured by occasional students' discussion, who were sitting on the floor. Some were using computers for doing book searches, or perhaps surfing the web.

They came to a book shelf. Mingyu took a book in front of him as Chaeyoon watched silently. The book was old and heavy, the leather felt soft and delicate as he ran his fingers over the faded blue bindings. He the gold lettering carefully before he opened the cover, paper rustled as he thumbed through the book to find what he was looking for. Words appeared and disappeared as his eyes flitted across the pages. "Hah, I still remember I loved this book back then."

"Oh, I love it too." Chaeyoon gasped. "Just realised we have so many similarities." Mingyu didn't say a word. He just smiled as he put the book back into the shelf.

She took a breath before asking. "Which course were you taking? I bet you weren't my classmate." He laughed and patted her shoulder. "Nope, I wasn't. I was a business student. And... I also remember how I got to know a girl right here."

Chaeyoon blinked at him without saying anything.

 

Mingyu looked at the watch. 1:15 pm. Guess he still had time before the class starts. After taking a reference book from the shelf, he placed it on a table which was made for 4 persons, before sitting down. He flipped through a few pages to search for extra information that was needed to be jotted down. He managed to focus on the teeny tiny lines of words despite the 'noises' around. Girls could be seen staring at him, and some in groups were taking photos of him while giggling.

However, soon he started to feel the eyelids were getting heavier and heavier, hence he decided to put the book aside, before resting his head on his folded arms.

In the midst of sleeping, he could feel someone sat down opposite him. Bah, he didn't mind about that at all.

Once he opened his eyes, the first thing he did was to check his phone to see the time. 1:55 pm.

1:55 pm.

1:55 PM!!

Mingyu raised his head immediately, without realising the person in front of him was totally shocked. "Oh, I'm so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter