Sixteen

[SEVENTEEN'S TRILOGY PART ③] Dear My Future Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I just want to thank you for being my reason to look forward to the next day.'

 

Mingyu felts so hesitated. Should I tell her? Chaeyoon was staring at him, yearning for his response.

But nothing came out from his lips.

"Could it possibly be..." She started, which caused him to look at her with wider eyes. "..you?" Mingyu grabbed her shoulders and stared into her eyes. "Chaeyoon, you... Did you just..."

"I've been thinking that way for quite some time. I know there's something between us but I'm not sure what is it." She removed his hands. "So could you, please tell me everything?"

"We were engaged, Chaeyoon." Mingyu let out a smile while his eyes began to wet because of excitement. "But later on you fainted suddenly."

"Why did I faint then? I always have a healthy body." Chaeyoon started to walk around the area with Mingyu following her. "You fainted because you barely slept those days. You had work to rush with."

"Fainting won't be making you to sleep for one year, don't you think so? I know I have been missing so much things throughout the year. There must be something else." She gripped at his arm strongly. "If I'm engaged, then where was my ring? Did you hide something from me?"

"But I have told you everything. Chaeyoon, it's hard to remember that much at once. You should take some rest, I will send you home." He led her to his car.

Clearly he is hiding something. Chaeyoon wanted to ask so much questions but she knew he wouldn't be answering them.

 

When she reached home, the first thing she did was looking for her mother. The lady was in the kitchen, preparing dinner. She then saw her daughter. "Chaeyoon, you're back!"

"Mum, I have something to ask you." Chaeyoon took a deep breath before continuing. "Did something happen between me and Mingyu before this?" Her mother frowned at her. "You went to find him just now? I thought you were going somewhere with Chan?"

"I could tell that you don't really like Mingyu. If I say I'm going to him for sure you won't be allowing." She sighed. "We just went to our university, and I sort of remembering something. I asked him and he told me that we were engaged and I fainted suddenly one day because I lacked of sleep."

Her mother waited for a while before asking. "That's all?"

"There's more?" Chaeyoon raised an eyebrow. "I knew there must be something else! Mom, you have to tell me."

The elder looked away and continued to wash the vegetables. "He had told you everything."

"Mum!" She cried and stomped her feet. "I'm trying to get everything clear! You are my mother and you aren't helping me at all!"

"Chaeyoon ahh..." Her mother blinked away her tears and smiled. "You have enough of it today. Go upstairs and take a nap. Later I will call you for dinner, ok?"

The daughter didn't reply. She turned around and rushed to her bedroom before closing the door with a loud bang. Just then her phone rang. She wiped away her tears and tried to stop sobbing. "Hello?"

"Noona, did you get back home safely?" Her brother's voice could be heard. Chaeyoon accidentally let out another sob before asking him. "Chan, you are the only hope I have. You have to help me!"

"Something happened, noona?" Chan sounded worried. He then heard her again. "I know there's something between me and Mingyu previously. He had told me."

He let out a muted gasp. "What did Mingyu hyung tell you?" Chaeyoon dried her tears and replied. "We were engaged and then I fainted. What else happened?"

"Yeah... That's...actually what was going on. Nothing much more." Chan stammered and his sister caught him. "No! There's something else! Why aren't you helping me as well?!"

"Noona..." Chan sighed and paused for a while. "I think it's better for you to figure it out by your own. You did remember a little, I believe that you will be remembering more later on." Chaeyoon didn't say anything. Her brother continued. "Take a rest, noona. Everything will be better after you wake up."

"Bye, Chan. See you soon." She didn't wait for his reply and ended the call. She placed her phone at the nightstand and lay down on her bed. Perhaps she really needed some rest to be okay.

• • •

"She asked you? Did you tell her then?" Mingyu was pacing around the living room while talking to someone. The person at the end of the phone answered. "I told her to figure it out by herself. That's all what I can help. But hyung, I have to remind you, noona is going to remember all of them one day."

"I know, Chan. I know..." He sighed. "She will going to hate me if she finds out the truth before she regains her memory."

"Don't you plan to tell her? Are you going to hide it from her forever if she does not? Even though I believe she will remember all." Chan switched his phone to his another ear. Mingyu stopped walking as he came across his photo with Chaeyoon which was placed behind the television. "I just don't want to ruin our present relationship. We are going well recently. As for the case of her regaining memory... That time I will think of what to do."

"I have not much things left to say but you better treat her well these days, hyung. I gotta hang up now, see you soon." The younger waited for a few seconds before pressing the red icon on screen.

Mingyu gently threw his phone aside and plopped himself on the soft couch. There were too many things in his mind, and Chaeyoon was definitely taking up the most.

• • •

The following week went smoothly for all of them, until it came to the weekend. After much struggling within herself, Chaeyoon had decided to make a move. That Friday night, she began to pack some of her things into a few bags, until her mother came in. "Chaeyoon, what are you doing?"

"I will be moving to live with Mingyu." She blurted out without further thoughts, still folding her clothes. "Since you all don't want to tell me the truth, it's ok, I will discover all of them by myself, and staying with him is the best option."

"You trust him that much? Do you know him well enough to live with him?" Her mother walked around her room and found most of her things were gone. Chaeyoon stopped packing and went towards her. "Mom, Mingyu was my fiance, how couldn't I trust him? Besides, I might had lived in that house before."

"Yes, you did live there once." Chaeyoon smiled because of her mother's words. The elder held her hands and continued. "But now you aren't. Did you ask for his permission for this stay?"

"No, but I'm pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter