Would he turn in to human?

Bulldog

In the arms of the woman he loved, he wanted to return the warmth she had given him, as a bulldog, he couldn't.  Didn't he confess his love to her, why was he still a dog.

 

Dark clouds hang over his head, if this was not good enough, he didn't know what was. He sighed inward, enjoying her warmth. They should just go on, showing her a piece of him, how he had integrated her into his life subtly.

 

He broke loose from her, “Woof” he barked softly.  She stood up, “You want to show me some other places?” she asked while following the self-guided bulldog. They escaped from the gym without people seeing them.

 

“Ok, Kookie, Where’s next?” she wondered. Jong Kook turned left and they walked till they reached a small cafe, the owner was a friendly person and would allow pets if they are quiet. He looked at her expectantly, she smiled and opened the door, “coffee break!”.They walked towards the counter, the waitress took a look at Jong Kook, then turned and asked Ji Hyo,”What do you want?”

 

Ji Hyo pondered, she can't possibly say she wanted the same as Jong Kook oppa. Then she noticed Kookie looking at something as if hinting her. She followed his gazed and ordered the items. Jong Kook was pleased she took his hint so well, they, in the end, ordered green tea, of course, salad, chicken sandwich, then something she didn't think he would order, Americano and beef sandwich. She wondered whether is it Jong Kook or Kookie who had ordered but if Kookie he wouldn't know what she liked and if Jong Kook who would eat those things. The waitress startled, gave her another look. She smiled. The waitress tried to ask casually,”you had ordered similarly to one of our regulars.”

 

Ji Hyo rose her eyebrows,”A man, a muscular one who like to wear singlet and bermudas?” she tried to ask, her heart was curious to know the answer, hoping it was the man she thought it would be.

 

“You know him?” the waitress asked, Ji Hyo nodded “Yes, it was Kim Jong Kook shii. He always asked for this set, the Americano and the beef sandwich he would always ask for to go.” The waitress pointed to the position where Jong Kook favourite seat was, “There he would always sit there and ate his meal. Ji Hyo thanked the waitress, after collecting her food, sat on her oppa favourite seat. She put down the things and started on her Americano, it was brewed to the way she liked, to someone who never drank it, she did not know how he knew she liked it this way. She took another sip, enjoying the coffee slowly slipped down .

 

Jong Kook sat on her opposite and look at her expectedly. She put the chicken sandwich in front of him, and he started to enjoy his favourite sandwich. Picking up the  beef sandwich, she took a bite and she knew the cafe would become one of her favourites. “How did Oppa know I would like this combination?” she looked up, in a shop opposite, her poster was hanging there, “Did Oppa choose this spot so he could enjoy his food with me? Silly Oppa!” she understood why, to love someone secretly and trying to integrate into their life. “Kookie, Why didn’t Oppa tell me?” her eyes teary. “Maybe he did not think I would not love him, but then i did.” Jong Kook looked at her, yes, he was silly, against his better judgement, he had decided to love in silent and made the two of them suffered.

 

She ate the rest of the meal lost in her thoughts, maybe if she had been braver too, both of them would have been a couple now. Her thoughts were broken by a paw placed on her leg. “Kookie, maybe we both are been silly and wasted a lot of time.” Jong Kook wagged his tail, yes, they did. They had their fill and left the cafe.

 

Walking out in the sun, Jong Kook decided to bring her to his favourite outdoor place, somewhere he had seldom shared with anyone but he knew she would enjoy too, he and she fell into a comfortable pace, enjoying their walk and the afternoon sun. They reached the river in no time, he always enjoyed running along the river alone, now with her by his side, he guessed he would enjoy it more.

 

“What did Oppa do here?” she thought for a while, “Running?” she guessed. Bingo! She really knew him well, he wagged his tail, she walked along a bit then she said, “Oppa liked here as well? When I missed the sea, I would come here and look at the water, it just reminded me of home. Oppa, liked water? I also thought he was the mountain kind of man. Kookie, I missed him a lot, he had been comm silent for so long, frankly, I am a bit worried. He always had a kind word for me, even when he was overseas.” she looked down, all this had made her missed him more,  her foot stabbing the ground gently.

 

Jong Kook felt more guilty, it was his fault they ended up this state and now it was even more of his problem because he could not redeem the problem. He rubbed his body against hers, wanted her to feel his warm and let her knew someone was here rooting for her. She bent down and sat beside him, his paws immediately were on her legs, trying to console her. “Don’t worry, Kookie, I am a strong woman, it just he had been gone for too long and today I felt I had followed his path, I am ok.”

 

Jong Kook was angry at himself for getting stuck, he wanted to tell her not to be sad, he was just beside her and he loved her. He sat by her while she was lost in thought looking at the setting sun. Suddenly, he caught a whiff of someone familiar and he looked around, he saw that man, than man who said he turned him into a dog. He slowly sneaked away from Ji Hyo and ran towards the man, the man walked into a cluster of trees, Jong Kook quickly followed behind.

 

“Woof” Jong Kook finally barked, when he was sure they were alone.

 

“Well, you had definitely made her knew you are in love with her.” the man said.giving Jong Kook a little sneer, “I could not make you a dog forever but I could delay it! Hahhahaa, I had underestimated you, giving you too long a time, I had not thought you could accomplish the task within 5 days! I should have given you three man instead!”

 

“Woof,” Jong Kook was angry, his eyes were filled with irritation and impatience. He wanted to be Kim Jong Kook now!

 

“You will become a man by sunrise.” the man jeered. “When you do, make sure you don’t become a scary cat again, or this time, you won’t even had ten days.” he snickered, he turned and disappeared into the darkness.


His ears caught the panicked shout of Ji Hyo, “Kookie, Kookie, where are you!” He thought for a while, then he ignored Ji Hyo called and ran in the opposite direction, he needed to go somewhere nearer to his home. Leaving Ji Hyo in such a state was against his will but something he needed to do. His heart ached knowing that Ji Hyo would most likely be crying herself to sleep tonight. He had to be strong for both of them, for their future happiness, he ran as fast as his paws could carry him.

 


 

Hope you like this short chapter :)