How do he confess?

Bulldog

The alarm in her room woke him up, it was terribly loud for a human being but as a dog, the noise nearly deafened his ears. He knew the alarm most likely was set to wake her up a job today, he jumped down the sofa and walked towards her room, she was still sleeping soundly, showing no sign of waking up, he groaned, then gave up. He jumped onto her bed and her fingers.

 

She stirred, he harder, then the sleeping woman opened her eyes. “Good morning Kookie. Did the alarm wake you up?” her hands reached for the offending alarm and switched it off. He nodded his head and turned his body, he wanted to jump down from her bed and went back to sleep on his spot at the sofa. A pair of soft arms grabbed him and pulling him towards her, she buried her face in his fur,  “Your fur are so soft, Kookie.”

 

He was stunned at first, she had never embraced him like this before, his face heated up instantly. He wanted to get away from her, this was too darn embarrassing, his four short legs struggled in mid-air while his body twisted and turned. “Come on, Kookie, just a while more. I need to go for a photoshoot and will be out for at least half a day.” she gave him a tight squeeze, “Ok, ok.. I will get up, prepare your food before I go, can't have you hungry, right?”

 

He quickly escaped from her and sat on his spot. He gave himself a stretch, he already missed her hug. He watched her busied herself with his breakfast, then getting prepared for photo shoots. She finally was ready and sat down beside him, “Why aren’t you eating your dinner?” she asked, his head. Before he could think how to answer, the doorbell rang. “Sigh, that is my ride. Come and meet my manager.” Jong Kook followed Ji Hyo to the door.

 

She opened the door, “Hi, I’m ready. By the way, this is Kookie, Jong Kook’s Oppa dog.” her manager’s eyes grew big. “I just happened to find him on the streets,” then she giggled, “he behaved too much like Jong Kook’s Oppa to be not his dog.” She walked out of the door, “Bye, Kookie, see you later.” and closed the door. He was now alone.

 

He ate his breakfast and missed the times, he ate with Ji Hyo. He sat on the sofa, thinking of a plan to confess to Ji Hyo, his identify as Jong Kook’s dog was good, he could keep dropping hints to her, hoping she was her usual Ace and could read his intention and ended his feat as a dog. He looked through the new, no news of him disappearing, he did plan for a holiday this week, maybe people thought he was on holiday.

 

He relaxed, one problem solved, now what can he do to let her know? The best was she asked him who he liked most, then when she asked her name, he would like made sure she knew. How about he sang her a song, he tried, but it just a series of yapping and barking, no good! And Ji Hyo hated people to sing to her about her. Two days had passed and he was without a good idea! He was so frustrated that he let out a loud howl! After five hours of thinking, he heard familiar footsteps approaching, he quickly sat up and tried to look smart, if that was possible. In the last five hours, he had pulled his fur, bit his nails, run around the house like 1000 times, pull up for 2000 times and his brain still acted like an empty vessel! He who had an IQ above average was without an idea after thinking for five hours, completely disgusted him.

Ji Hyo opened the door and found her house still completely neat and tidy, amazed. Come to think of it, Kookie did not even poo or pee, which is quite impossible. She wondered how Jong Kook had trained his dog but she was completely astonished after she heard horror stories from people who had pets.

 

“Are you hungry, Kookie?” she asked as she put down her bags. Jong Kook had already run to her side to welcome her back, his tail wagging non-stop showing his happiness. “So happy to see I am back? Or you just happy someone feeding you dinner? Have some biscuit first, it’s too early for dinner anyway.” Jong Kook eyed the biscuit suspiciously, no way he eating dog food. “It is human food,” She held up the box for him to see. “My gosh!! You are really like Jong Kook Oppa!!” she said exasperatedly. Jong Kook ignored her and ate the biscuits happily.

They were yummy and he was indeed hungry, then he looked at her expectedly.

 

“I guess that meant milk” and he wagged his tails. “My gosh a real gourmet, aren't you.” Ji Hyo , she could not help it. After they had their simple tea, Ji Hyo took a shower to clean herself of the day’s work.

 

“The photographer today was such a jerk,” she started to complain to him as she sat down beside him on the sofa. “He was arrogant and behaved like he was the world's cleverest human beings. I would have walked out if not because everyone was pleading me with their eyes to stay calm! And his photos! My gosh, I had seen better ones from more juniors photographers. I had to suffer for two hours, then he finally left. Then the real photo shoots began, I finished in half hour. Just because he was the son of some CEO, really someone should go tell him he had no talent!" she grumbled, while she his furs. Something she loved and starting to grow into her habit. "You know, sometimes I wish I have someone I can talk to like now, instead of an empty house. I can't always complain to people around me, sometimes I wanted to just text Jong Kook Oppa and tell him my day but .. you know ..  I can't." Jong Kook listened attentively. He her hands, trying to console her.

 

"Yeah, but anyway, that's my job. How do a dog felt like , sitting around the whole day?" she asked him. He wanted to say boring! so he gave her a yawn.

 

"That boring huh?" she giggled. "Want to go for a walk?" he happily jumped down the sofa. This time, he did not want a leash on him. "No leash? I guess you are smart enough to follow me. Ok, let's go! I needed a run." She put on a cap and they went out for a run, they ran side by side, it felt great. They stopped at a park, he could actually smell the flowers, the grass, and the land. She found a spot and started to do some stretching.

 

"That was a great run" as he popped down beside her. She sat down and stared at the sky, "The sky is really nice today," she admired the sky as both of them felt the cool breeze. After resting for 15 minutes, they started their run back. When they reached her apartment, Ji Hyo automatically picked him up and cleaned him. She herself washed up and started cooking dinner.

 

"What do you think Oppa doing?" she asked mindlessly in the midst of their dinner. "Is he having dinner too? His favourite chicken?" Jong Kook did not answer, well technically, he is having dinner and eating chicken. "Do you think I need to confess to him first before he would tell me he loved me," she asked, poking at her own dinner. Jong Kook stopped eating and went over to her side, his paws on her legs. She picked him up and hugged him tight, "You think that would work for us?" she probed again. He wagged his tail, while gently her hands. Yes, he would like that very much, then he could tell her he loved her too.

 

"You think it would work?" she turned him round to face her, her eyes met his, "Really, he would love me back when I tell him I love him?" she looked so vulnerable, he leaned towards her, although he could not kiss her to reassure her, he her lips tenderly, tasting her sweetness and wanting to remove any bitterness from her heart. She hugged him closer, he could felt a drop of her tears on him.

 

"Please don't cry", he wanted to tell her as he away all her tears. "Please don't feel sad, I love you too but I just could not tell you, i just haven't confess. Wait for me," he thought as he tasted her salted tears.

 

"Thanks, Kookie, I sorry I just felt so fragile now, I glad you are here to accompany me." she buried her face into her furs. That night, he slept beside her, making sure she did not felt that she was alone, she had him, either when he was Kim Jong Kook or just Kookie.