Their life together

Bulldog

While Jong Kook stood there waiting, his heart throttled nervously. He began to recall the events in this half a year.

 

His curse or maybe his blessing of turning into a bulldog, make him understood her more and himself more. Their sweet confession, their time together as a couple, his proposals for marriage to her, the preparation of their marriage, the arguments, the cold wars and the sweet makeup. He knew she was someone he wanted forever in his life.

 

She was all jittery, her hands felt sweaty. She looked herself in the mirror, unable to recognise the beautiful woman reflected in the mirror, the woman was beaming with happiness and bliss, unable to contain all her feelings.

 

She may need to thank a certain bulldog, showing her the way to her heart and his, letting her know someone was in love with her the same way she did. Although she lost Kookie, it seems as if it was an exchange for a blessed life with her Oppa. She remembered she made him proposed to her five times, each time for the year he did not want to confess his love, he agreed and surprised her on five different occasions, on every occasion she wanted to agree immediately but yet he would stop her with his kisses. They planned how they wanted their marriage together, they had fought and argued, sometimes they would not talk to each other, then one of them give in and their makeup was usually followed by more kisses and laughter, maybe because of the kisses, she tended to want to create cold wars but lately it was difficult, he could have found out her reasons and refused to join the game. But nevertheless kisses and laughter filled their life. She was in a bliss now, he was the one she needed forever.

 

He had been counting down, the day had finally arrived. They may not have been together for very long , but they were friends and admirers right from the start. Now they were ready for their next step in both of their life.

 

She was not ready yet for the day but she was all ready for what would come. If someone told her she would marry this year, she would tell them they must be dreaming, but yet she was all dressed in white now, waiting for him to take her hand in holy matrimony, it like living a dream, a dream she would gladly not wake up to.

 

Her father knocked on her door, her mother was beside him, tears of happiness slipped down her face. She gave both of them a hug and said “Thank you and I love you.” before slipping her hands into her father’s arms. Her father walked her up the aisle and left her on her husband to be's hand.

 

Her father whispered, “Take good care of my precious daughter.” Jong Kook nodded and then smiled at his bride-to-be. Both of them turned and faced their guests, all of them cheered. Jong Kook thanked them for attending their wedding and promised to take care of Ji Hyo.  He bowed to both of their parents, thanking them for taking get care of both of them and now they were ready for their next stage of the journey together.

 

Ji Hyo vowed to support Jong Kook and thank their parents for been bringing them up. With the parents and guests as their witness, they signed their marriage certificate. The guests cheered and demanded a kiss, the whole hall chanted “kiss the bride, kiss the bride”.

 

Jong Kook’s ear turned red but gave her a peek on the lips, everyone was not contented but that’s all they will get and so they decided to keep their peace. Jae Suk started hosting the first segment,  the guests took their turns congratulate them and perform their pieces. So many of them had volunteered their services that his wedding banquet had become a mini concert where guests had to collaborate to get on stages. It was rare for some of them to work together and they all had fun.

 

At the end of the party, Ji Hyo asked ,”Is this your dream wedding, a normal celebrity wedding?” when they were on their way to the airport for their honeymoon.

 

“Sort of, if I don't need to plan the entire concert. I just couldn't say no to all of them.“ He grumbled.

 

“don't bluff, you do enjoy it” Ji Hyo stabbed him in his chest.

 

“Ok, Ok Maybe I did enjoy it, I glad the guests and our relatives did too.” Jong Kook admitted smiling, as he relaxed and hugged Ji Hyo. Both happy that they were starting their new life together.  Ji Hyo snuggled closer to him, her head on her husband’s well-formed chest and listened to his steady heartbeat, she felt protected and gave a yawn.

 

“You must be tired, I will wake you up later.” Jong Kook softly said and kiss his wife on her forehead.

 

 


 

 

Three years later, Jong Kook sat beside the bed and smiled contently at his wife. Their sons were sleeping in the cot and he gently rocked it while singing a lullaby for them. The screams from his wife yesterday were still fresh on his mind, his arms were filled with scratch marks from Ji Hyo’s claws, but yet this was just nothing compared to his wife intense pain and the bliss from the birth of their sons. He bent down and kiss his wife, “Thank you, my dear” he softly whispered to the drained woman.

 


 

 

Another six years went by, the sound of little feets running around  and children’ giggles filled their home. Ji Hyo’s felt blessed that she only need to give birth twice, but she had four children. The door opened, “I’m home” and her two boys and two girls rushed to the door to greet their father. The girls immediately were in their daddy’s strong arms while the boys trying to climb on him. Their father pleaded to his wife for help, to which she gave him a “you deserved it” smile and walked away to prepare their dinner. In the end, he scooped up all his children and sat down on the sofa, kissing each one of his lovely kids. “Let me change then we play more?” he suggested, his children cheered and he took a quick shower and changed to clean set of clothes. He walked to his wife and hugged her, giving her a quick peck on the lips before he joined his children. Ji Hyo smiled, this was her lovely little family.

 


 

They just had their biggest argument since marriage, he stormed out of the house and drove off. He needed to cool off. She locked herself in their room, tears flowed down her cheeks. Their children were all in the university and did not witness the scene.

 

It was dark when she woke up, she must have cried herself to sleep. Jong Kook was not back yet, she looked at the clock, 8pm, he should be home. She turned to check her mobile and found the battery was dead. She switched on the light and charged her phone. There was no messages or missed call, she felt her tears gathering in her eyes, had he abandoned her? Bad thoughts ran through her mind.

 

The door opened softly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her, his face buried into her back. “You are finally awake.” she turned and gave him a bear hug, he was here. “You had been sleeping for the last eight hours, I am just gone for 10 minutes and I found you sleeping in the bed. I took a nap with you and  I thought you would wake up soon, but u slept on. Come on, I made dinner.” he pulled off the bed and they sat down on the dining table. She ate quickly, hunger from the tears and sleep, then she tried to remember what was the argument about before the night went away, but she could not remember it

 

He read her, “I can't remember as well, that’s why I came back home to ask” he shrugged his shoulders then both of them laughed. It was silly to argue over small things, but it was good to release some marriage stressed. He offered his arms again and she snuggled into him, “Next time no storming out of the house and drove off, ok?” she utterly softly. “I was worried”

 

Jong Kook nodded his head, “Next time I would just storm out of the room.” Ji Hyo playfully poked his chests and it developed into something hot and streamy.

 


 

There were in their eighties, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo was sitting on a bench at the park.

 

“Do you remember Kookie?” he asked.

 

“Yes.” she said.

 

“I tell you a secret, I am Kookie.” he finally telling her his one secret he had hidden from her for so long.

 

She frowned, “how could you be Kookie?”

 

He began to tell her how he became a bulldog (Please refer to chapter 1). Some of the details she never shared with him before, no wonder Kookie was so smart and human. “It was lucky for me then, or else you would have taken more years to confess.”

 

“Yes, that’s true.” Jong Kook held her hands in his, their 40 years of marriage was blissful, the best decision in his life. He gave her a peek on her cheeks and she turned pink. “I love you, Song Ji Hyo.”


‘I love you too, Kim Jong Kook”

 


 

Hope everyone enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing them, I had a few one-shots ideas, hope you will enjoy them as well.Oh, and just wondering, ifs there any one-shot you would like to develop into a short story?