She loved him too ....

Bulldog

He woke up before her, he stared at her sleeping face. It was a beautiful face, yet he could see her tiredness showing on her face. His heart felt a pang, he wanted to make sure she was smiling always and whenever she was tired, she could always come back to his side and rest.  

 

Her face had lost its usual shine and glory, maybe due to the many assignments she had and his attitude towards her. How could he have mistreated her like this? He only wanted to shower her with the love he would give to a dongseang so he would avoid getting hurt, but he hurt her instead.  If he had known this, he would have quickly told her he loved her and had her return the love. Tears well up in his eyes, how could he have been so wrong and hurting both of them.

 

She looked cold but she was already under a blanket. He gave it a thought and covered himself with the blanket, her unique smell overwhelmed him, he hoped he added his body heat to her and she could  now feel both their warmth. His head came out of the blanket and now he could see her better. Her alarm did not go off, meaning at least there was no early morning assignment. He slowly grew drowsy again and fell asleep.

 

The next time he woke up, he was in her embrace, she held him as a little girl would hold her toy bear. He wanted to remove himself from her clutches and yet to stay there forever.  he was also afraid he might wake her up, she need her beauty rest. He felt her waking up, "Kookie, it's you. Mmm ... I had such a good sleep last night, something I hadn't had for months! You should have slept with me earlier. Although I had already slept better the last few nights" she buried her face in his furs, "You smell so good, almost smelt like Oppa." her voice muffled.  "Do you think Oppa would give you to me?" she asked in a wistful voice.

 

He wagged his tail, he would give her anything, and he just only needed to get her a dog. But maybe he would be jealous of the dog. "You also think so? Oppa would grant me any wish." she giggled. She hugged him closer to her. "I don't want to get out of bed today" she stretched lazily on her bed. “You should stay here with me too.”

 

It was too intimate for him to get hug on bed like this, he could feel her chest rising and falling against his back, blushing seem to be regular business nowadays and he gave a wiggle, hoping she got the message and let him go, She hugged closer instead, “Don’t go.. Give me another five more minute” He stilled hoping she would keep her end of the bargain.

 

After five minute, he felt her grab loosen and he immediately escape. “Don’t you like me, “ a sorrowful voice asked him.

 

He turned his head and looked at the owner, then he gave up and walked slowly back and jumped to her side. “I knew you love me!” she said in a chippy voice and hugged him again. “Ok, I go washed up and we have breakfast ok? I missed eating with you yesterday.” The woman joyous skipped down the bed. If dog could grin, that would be what Jong Kook was doing now, she was so cute, he thought. He jumped down the bed and waited for her in the kitchen, she smiled “Hungry? Let me cook you your favourite” and she proceed to cook him his breakfast. They had breakfast together, “Kookie, you liked my breakfast?” He wagged his tail while wolfing down his breakfast, “My appointment is in the evening, so you would need to wait for me. Ok?” Jong Kook looked up from breakfast. “I should be back by 10 don’t worry, it not too late. Anyway my manager will be around.” Jong Kook was still worried. “Ok and I will be careful.” Ji Hyo promised.  

 

“But where we go and date after breakfast?” Ji Hyo asked. Her words made Jong Kook’s skipped a beat, dating with Ji Hyo? Sounds good. He wagged his tail happily, as a dog, he did not need to consider a lot, but there not a lot of places he can go dating with her too. “We will take the car out to the children park and walked around there?” He liked that a lot. “You do like that right? Where did Oppa take you out anyway, I would love to see how Oppa spend his days with you.” That gave her a good idea, he excitedly jumped up and down, “You want to do that with me instead? Why not we do that tomorrow? I am free” she giggled, “Would Jong Kook oppa get angry with you for showing me his secrets.” Jong Kook stared at him, why should he be angry. “You think Jong Kook Oppa would love you to show me around.” Jong Kook wagged his tail in agreement. “I see ok, that would be our second date. Are you done? Let me clean up. I must say I am super impressed with Jong Kook Oppa, he trained such a clean and tidy dog.” she gave him a pat while she picked up his bowl.

 

She busy herself, preparing some snacks for both of them and then she took out a leash,” I know you will behave but rules are rules.” Jong Kook felt a bit defeated, “I will only put it on in the park” he followed her to her car and she let him sit at the front seat. He laid down watching her drive, her hand sometime would come and grab his paws and play with it, like a couple would held hands in the car. He felt himself getting red again and thankful for the furs that covered up his skin.

 

He hopped down from the car when she opened the door for him, one of the many things a dog can't do,  He promised himself he would treat her better in the future, opened doors for her as many as he could. She bend down and put on the leased on him, he gave himself a dignified shake. “Hate it that much?” she giggled. “Just bear with it, let’s go”

 

He found her walking towards the mini zoo in the park, scents of wild animals filled his nose arosing the dog instinct in him, he wanted to protect Ji Hyo from the beasts and growled at them, his hair all stood up. Ji Hyo quickly kneel down, “it’s ok, they are behind glass.” she wanted to pacify him, upon hearing that, he regained his senses and cool down. He grew afraid, would he really became a dog, he mindlessly followed Ji Hyo while his brain worked. No, he hadn’t gave up hope yet.

 

After Ji Hyo strolled through the zoo, they headed towards the children’s playground. “Let’s go with the children” she said excitedly.

 

He was a children magnet, the moment he entered the playground, a girl gave a shriek, “What’s a cute dog and that made all the little kids ran to him and they all started to use their dirty hands to touch his fur, he could not have mind if he was human but as a dog, he could not take shower on his own, he needed Ji Hyo’s help and he did not want that, he tried to run away but that sparked a game of catch that dog and in the end, he gave up. He flogged down on the ground, panting heavily from the heat and the running and allowed the children to have their hands all over him. He endured till Ji Hyo’s heroic rescue.

 

“It was funny,” she whispered. He had to ignore her, he was angry that she did not came to his rescue earlier. “The children were so happy to play with you, I could not bear it, and they laughed so happily. Don’t be angry. I bet you had fun too.” he did, but he was not going to admit it. Ji Hyo found them a spot and took out the food and drinks she prepared and they sat down to picnic, he was thirsty after his run and he lapped up as much water as he could before resting his head on his paws again, allowing the cool breeze to gently run through his furs.

 

Ji Hyo had her filled and popped her head on his body, making him her personal pillow. He could feel her weight but he relaxed and allowed her to rest, if he could sing, he would sing her a lullaby but too bad he could not, so he let his steady heartbeat do the work instead. Both woman and dog fell asleep under the tree.

 

He heard voices and could feel them coming closer, he opened his eyes, alerted. Then he barked, to give the strangers warning and also to Ji Hyo. “Woof, Woof, Woof” he barked till he felt Ji Hyo completely awake.

 

Ji Hyo looked at her phone and then stretch. “I need to go back and prepare” she quickly cleaned up and they were on their way home. “Good thing you woke me up, or else I would be late. I guess I must thank those strangers too.” as she drove towards their home. “I will give you a shower later, so don’t fight me ok?” Jong Kook looked the other way, he had to endure that humiliation again?! He looked depressed. “Don’t tell me you prefered Jong Kook Oppa to bath you!” she pouted when she sense the answer was yes. “Well, you would soon, but now I am going to bath you.” She carried him to the shower and cleaned him up, he cooperate as much as possible to end the ordeal. Ji Hyo prepared herself and went to work after preparing his dinner.  

 

He looked at the dinner distastefully, the food did not taste as good as when Ji Hyo was around and he was not that hungry. Another day had passed and still no good ideas, maybe he needed to bring her to some places that hinted he liked her and he started to think where would be good.

 

By the time, he heard her at the door, he had a plan. He happily ran to the door to meet the woman of his dreams, she looked tired but was happy as him to see him. She scooped him up and gave him a squeeze. “I am home safely.” she beamed at him, “and super tired but that was a good assignment, I even managed to be home early.” She sat down on the sofa. “I am beat,” she prepared herself for bed. “Kookie, come boy.” she called to him, he knew what she wanted and decided to grant her wish, he liked the idea she slept better when he was near her and she felt protected by him. He jumped on her bed and she smiled, sleep came quickly and soon, she was breathing evenly.

 

He slept too, but he suddenly heard her talk. He quickly opened her eyes and yet there was nothing abnormal. He looked at her and discovered she actually talking in her sleep, “Oppa, oppa” she was calling someone. “I love you too,” she professed her love to someone, Jong Kook stood up, who was she professing  her love. “Jong Kook oppa,” she gave a contented sigh, “I so happy you love me too!” then she slept again. Jong Kook’s heart beated fast, he had not expected to hear her saying she love her. He laid down again, facing her, studying her every feature and saying he loved her in his heart. The night breeze calmed his heart down and he closed his eyes and drifted to dreamland, hoping he dreamt of her too..