Chapter 2 - Coping

Our Family

The next morning...

Hakyeon wakes up and he decided to make his brothers their favourite breakfast, he sure they will love it. Hakyeon look at his side and touch the twins's forehead to check their temperature. Luckily it's getting better, even it's still warm. As he want to move he feel that Hongbin and Wonshik doesn't want to let his hands off. The twins were tightened their grip as he moves his hand want to leave them. 

"Aish.. this kids. How can I make breakfast if they don't let me." Hakyeon finally gave up as he feel tired from the battle. He start to admiring the twins sleep figures. It's a relieve as they were sound sleep.

He really doesn't know what to do when the twins were sick yesterday. It's start with Hongbin wailed and crying when he saw mommy and daddy pictures and recalled that their parents were gone. Due to the continous cry, Hongbin was coughing and throw up his breakfast. Hakyeon try to rub Hongbin's back to soothe the boy, but he feel the warm from Hongbin's body. Before he can do anything he feel Hongbin was falling and unconcious in his embrace. Hakyeon try to wake the latter up but get no response. He lift Hongbin to his room and told the maid to call their private doctor. He keep blaming himself as he doesn't relise that Hongbin was sick.

He keeps try to cool down Hongbin's temperature by using his mommy usual method while waiting the doctor. Suddenly Taekwoon rushed into the room while carrying Wonshik. 

"He's sleeping but he's so warm. I heard the commotion, how's Hongbin? I'm sorry that I'm not beside you." Taekwoon's make his way to the bed and carefully lays Wonshik next to Hongbin. It's always like this. Everytime one of the twins falls sick or hurt somewhere, the others will feel the same. Mostly it started with Hongbin because his weak immune system and clumsiness.

"His temperature was quite high. He even passed out just now after throwing out. It's all my fault. If I know about it sooner, maybe I'll never let he cries and end up like this,I'm so hopeless." Hakyeon told Taekwoon.

"Don't blame yourself, Hakyeon-ah. I know you're doing your best to take care of them. Just take it slow, Hongbin and Wonshik will be okay. They were  very strong kids and I'm sure they'll get better in no time. By the way, I want to talk to you about Wonshik."

"Wonshik? Why?"

"Do you realise that he's getting silent? He barely speaking and just nod or shaked his head when we asked something." Wonshik was a happy kid  before even not talkative as Jaehwan. It's really bothering Taekwoon.

"I do... I'll try to talk with him. How's Jaehwan and Sanghyuk?" Hakyeon was the most close with Wonshik as they always be together.

"I leave Sanghyuk to Jaehwan, I feed Jaehwan but he only eat a few spoon, so I give him his favourite chocolate. Sanghyuk was a really good boy, he didn't acting up or throwing tantrum even he didn't saw mommy from yesterday." Sanghyuk was like he's understand his brothers's trouble and try to help them. While the oldest twins was talking, their private doctor arrived and checked the younger twins. He gave the twins an injection each and iv drip for Hongbin. He assured Hakyeon and Taekwoon that their brothers was fine and told him if anything happen.

The knocked on the door snapped Hakyeon thought about yesterday event. 

"Hakyeon-ah, I've prepared the breakfast. How's the boys?" Taekwoon came in and sat on the bed.

"It's getting better, even their temperature were decrease." Hakyeon smiled. Suddenly Hongbin moves and cracked his eyes open looking at his hyungs.

"Oh... Did I wake you? I'm sorry Hongbin-ah." Hakyeon panicked. I'm really stupid, Hongbin barely get to sleep plus he's still sick but I make him awake. 

"I'm hungry hyung.. " Hongbin says as he rub his eyes. 

"I'll take the food up here. Wait a minute, ok Hongbin?" Taekwoon got up when he feel Hongbin grab his hand.

"I wanted to eat with the others, hyung. It's suffocating here and my hand was hurting." Hongbin talked and show his hand that attached with the iv drip. Taekwoon take Hongbin's hand and remove it carefully,doesn't want to make future pain to the latter. Hakyeon smile at Hongbin's cuteness and he silently hope it will last long. Hongbin turn to Hakyeon and saw his twin. In deep of his heart, he feel a bit guilty when he saw Wonshik's pale face. If he didn't got sick, Wonshik will be fine and healthy now.

Hakyeon who noticed the changes on Hongbin face, give a signal to Taekwoon to bring Hongbin down first. Hongbin doesn't want to move unless with Wonshik make Hakyeon try to wake up Wonshik.

"I don't want to eat hyung. My throat was hurting."Wonshik mumbled. 

"I know it, but you have to take your medicine and before that you have to eat something. Don't you want to getting better? As I know you hate sick. If you don't listen to me, you wil get worst and getting another injection. Do you want that? "Hakyeon try to persuaded him.Wonshik shakes his head as he heard the 'injection' word. He hates it.

"Come on, Wonshik-ah. I want to eat with hyungs and hyukkie. Let's go downstairs." Hongbin gave Wonshik his puppy eyes as he know it was Wonshik's soft spot. Hongbin climb on Taekwoon body and orders Hakyeon to carry and bring Wonshik. Hakyeon was very pleased, his Hongbin was comeback and now he will get Wonshik his old self. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

At the dining table...

"What take you so long hyung? Hyukkie was hungry and he was his own cloth, even my stomach was growling." Jaehwan pouted.

"I;m sorry Jaehwan-ah, come on. Now we can start eating." Taekwoon put Hongbin on his seat and same goes to Hakyeon. Today breakfast have make Hakyeon look at Taekwoon as having telepathy.

How can you exactly what I want to do. We're really have same mind. it's really daebak!!!! and Taekwoon smiled back while make a face Of course I know.

The breakfast was ended happily.

After breakfast the sibling all gathered at the living room, decided to watch some movies. After some bickering, they manage to pick one. When all of them all immersed in the film. Hakyeon try to look at his dongsaeng, and he catch Wonshik's sad face. Hakyeon try to slip near Wonshik and asking him what;s wrong. wonshik doesn't answer and just shake his head. Hakyeo try to pull Wonshik and heading to room coner where nobofy can hear them.

"Spill up,Wonshik-ah. I'm all ears."

"It's nothing hyung, I'm just still doesn't want to believe that mommy and daddy were gone. I'm still shocked."

"Wonshik-ah, everyone in this house were shocked and still coping with it. As you can see we were all struggling, but we must stay strong to comfort each others. Mommy and Daddy will not happy if you behave like this." Hakyeon hugged Wonshik to comfort him and suddenly he can feel a few more hands joined the hugging. 

"We can do this. We will get it through as we are together." The siblings smile and nod at Taekwoon words and tightened the hugs. Sanghyuk who was at baby walker just giggled at the scene. Hearing Sanghyuk's giggle make his hyungs turn away and rushed to him. Getting the attentions makes Sanghyuk jumps in joy and his brothers were admiring the cute antics.