Chapter 1 - Struggle

Our Family

Hakyeon can't believe it, no he don't want to. How can his parents that laugh and have breakfast with him this morning reported died in an accident in the noon. They supposed to come back home and have lunch with him and his brothers. His legs was giving up on him and he just fell down on the hard floor, he can feel there's hand that holding his shoulder. 

"Taekwoon-ah, our parents...."He can't let out the other words when his sob was conquering him.Taekwoon just keep silent and caressing his twin's back. Even him still can't get it through. Why this happen to us? We are only 15 and our brothers were still a kid and even Sanghyuk was a baby. He don't want to cry but the tears was uncontrolled when it still flow down his cheeks. 

"Hyungs, why are you crying? Where's mommy and daddy? Why they doesn't get home yet? I'm hungry."Jaehwan walks towards his hyungs with his chopper doll. He probably feels his stomach crumbled while he watch the cartoon.

"Oh,Jaehwan-ah. No, I'm not crying. Mommy and can't get home today or forever, they had bussiness to do. We will eat by ourself ok? Can you tell the maid to serve us the lunch? I'll get Wonshik and Hongbin, to lunch together." With the command,Jaehwan run to the kitchen. He must be so hungry.Hakyeon just smile with Jaehwan's antics.

"We must be strong Hakyeon-ah, we're the oldest now and I'm sure we can get it through."Taekwoon hold Hakyeon's hand. Yes, they will be strong for the sake of their dongsaengs.

"Taekwoon-ah, I know it and I'll stay strong but you must promise me that you'll always be by my side. I don't think I can do it alone."Hakyeon tightened his hand with taekwoon's.

"I'll never leave you nor the kids. Ok, now can we go and get Wonshik and Hongbin? I don't want to hear Jaehwan's dolphin scream. It's annoying." Taekwoon just take Hakyeon's hand start climbing the stairs to waking up the other twins. Hakyeon smile and just follow Taekwoon's steps.

Mommy, daddy... I hope you'll happy up there.Don't worry, I and Taekwoon will take care of our brothers will all our might and make them happy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jaehwan,Wonshik and Hongbin just cry from the time they were told about the news. Even they still young, they understand when Hakyeon told them that their parents were leaving and never come back. Sanghyuk just look at his hyungs while playing with his own hands, he doesn't acting up today just like his hyungs sadness and be a good boy.

That night, the siblings were all crumpled up on the king bed in their parents room except Sanghyuk who's in his baby cot. Hakyeon doesn't want his Sanghyuk got a legs on his tiny body because the others was quite violent in their sleep. Hakyeon heads to the bed after puts Sanghyuk in his baby cot and he saw the other three has fall asleep maybe the cries make their energy drained. He lays down beside Hongbin,while beside Hongbin was Wonshik. Taekwoon was on the other side of the bed besides Jaehwan. The older twins doesn't want any of the latters lay under the bed the next morning, so they'll be the barrier.

"It's a very long day. I'm afraid of what the future holds, it's makes me more frightened when I think about our dongsaeng. Can we take good care of them? Can we provide all the love and their needs?"Hakyeon talk slowly,doesn't want to make the other three wakes up but it's enough to caught Taekwoon's ear.

"I know about your concerns and it bothers me too. But I promised you we will get this together."Taekwoon look at Hakyeon as he facing him even seperated by the boys.

Mommy.... daddy... Hakyeon wakes up as he hear something and he saw hongbin was sweating badly while shake his head. He must get a nightmare. Poor boy. Hakyeon spread his hands and hugs Hongbin. He rubs Hongbin's back and humming the lullaby that their mommy always sangs to them. He can feel that Hongbin was getting better and start to snuggle into his embrance. It's makes his tears start flowing down again.

Mommy... Daddy ... we miss you so much and I hope you can lend me your strenght for me to keep this up. I don't want to make you disappointed. You'll be always with us right? Watching us and take care of us even without your own presence.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hongbin and Wonshik were having fever, it's must be because they're missing their parents. Luckily,Jaehwan was fine but he lost his appetite. He just eats when Hakyeon or Taekwoon feed him but it's only a few spoon. Hongbin always whimpering in his sleep calling for their parents, and Hakyeon always there to comfort him. Hongbin said that Hakyeon has the same aura as their mommy,and it makes he always wants Hakyeon be with him. Wonshik on the other side just said nothing but he also agree with Hongbin. They can see their mommy in Hakyeon, and it makes them feel their mommy was never leave them.

Taekwoon smile when he peeks at the room and hear Hongbin words. He just want to check on the twins as he just busy feeding Jaehwan and put Sanghyuk to his sleep. He decided to just let them be as he saw Hakyeon was laying down between the twins and was being hugged by both side. Hakyeon must be so tired when he just sleep as he close his eyes.

He believed that maybe his mommy lend him her aura and affections to make his responsibility lighter. He knows that their parents will never leave him alone.

Taekwoon heads to Jaehwan's room to check on the kid. When he open the door,it reveals Jaehwan who was sitting on the bed while looking at their family photo. The photo was taken at Sanghyuk's first birthday party. Taekwoon takes his seat next to Jaehwan and wipes the hot tears from his cheeks.

"It's okay to cry Jaehwan-ah, I'll always be here to comfort you. I want to thanks you because you're a strong kid. Mommy and Daddy will be so happy to see you like this."Taekwoon said as he caressing Jaehwan's hair.

"Is it true, hyung? I'm strong?" Jaehwan ask as he look up to see Taekwoon's face.

"Of course, it's true. Don't you believe me? You can be sad and longing them but you can't let it conquering you forever. Mommy and Daddy will be sad if we doesn't move on. If you get sick by doesn't get enough food on your stomach, it'll make me,Hakyeon hyung and even our parents sad? Don't you think so,Jaehwan-ah?" Taekwoon knows Jaehwan will understand his words even he's just 12. He trust on Jaehwan.

"I'm sorry hyung, I must have made you and Hakyeon hyung worried about me. But, from now on I promised you I'll be a strong kid and never burden you or hakyeon hyung anymore. I love you,hyung." Jaehwan smiled as he hugged Taekwoon.

"You'll never be a burden to us. I love you too,Jaehwan-ah."

"But hyung... you know what,I kind of saw daddy reflections on you. Daddy always came and comfort me when I'm sad and it's fascinating that your words comfort me like daddy was talking to me himself." Taekwoon smile. 

Thanks daddy. You lend me the comfort side of you and makes me like you. Don't ever leave our side,daddy.