One Knight

Mango Banana Flavor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happen? Got bullied again?" those pair cold yet caring eyes looking at me. It has been a few days since the last time I look into it.

Can't say any word, I just nod and look down. 

He looked away to the left, "Look, I'll be flying back to Thailand today as my parents wanting it," he looks back at me as I am now looking at him, "You'll be all alone from now on," he puts his right hand on my left shoulder, "I just wanna say good bye and tell you to take a good care of yourself," I nod. 

He offered me a hand shake, so I just give it. Then he's just walk straight pass through me. I look back at that hyung I knew just in a short time. I look at his back that walking away little by little. Then I bring myself back to the path I daily take to go back to my dorm.

I remember the first time that hyung offered me a hand shake. It was the first week when I first time put my foot in South Korea. I came as I got a chance to join an exchange program between my university in Thailand and this university in South Korea. I want to refuse because I'm not sure be able to learn a new language, but my parents support me, so I just take my luggage and fly.

Back to the hand shake Thor hyung offered, I know it wasn't just a hand shake. He offered me to join him to the gang as he will stand to protect me and the other two who been with him these past year. I refused. I know I will get into trouble with another gang that bullied me just that day, but I don't want to lean myself on anyone.

So I just try to live my life as in peace as possible. I walk on a path that I'm sure won't be the path those bad gangster will pass. I eat at the empty rooftop. I go to library most of the time. I survive on my first 3 weeks.

One day I forgot my stuffs at university, so I came back, and after that I bumped again to this bad gangster. Those six people are staring at me with their playful eyes, yet I know those eyes want nothing but to having fun with me who can't stand to protect myself. But that's  not it. Thor hyung and his own gang in sudden stand up behind. Things happen out of control. I was pushed to the back and fell on my on the grass. They're fighting. They're fighting for their pride. 

That what makes things happen tonight. That's the thing what makes Thor hyung and his gang are on the board to bring themseleves back to Thailand, our hometown.

***

"I've never got up to change anything. The sadness, the wrongful feeling for those people who always helped me until today make me understand that I need to be the new person. A person who will stand for my own pride. A person who will talk for my own word."

I keep on repeating those words in my head everyday. As Thor hyung went, I'm all alone indeed. I keep myself in my save world. Study as hard as I can be, be friend with people as many as I can have.

***

It has been 6 months since I left Thailand for study. Today is summer break, but I choose to stay in Korea. I am familiar with things around me already. As I am never see those bad gangster anymore, my days are even brighter.

I just done buying a coffee for myself at a cafe near my dorm. Take one sip as I'm walking myself to the park just 200 metres from here. 

"Hey," a voice called behind me. I'm not sure is it me that person addressing to or nor, so I just keep going. 

"Hey," the voice is closer and a hand touching my right shoulder. So it is me. 

I turn around to see who is that and it shocked me. This guy is one the gangster who bullied me. Scratch that. He's the one who never bullied me. This one is the knight who always protect me. He gave me an aid bandage on the first day I got bullied by his friends. He ran me to the empty room to hide me from his friends. He also the one who got punched the day I met Thor hyung for a farewell. I didn't get to talk to him all this time. 

"Can I walk with you?" he said. 

"Sure," I shrugged and continue my walk to the park with him next to me.

 ***

"I'm Mark,"

"Bambam,"

It has been 10 minutes since they arrived at the park and sit at an empty bench they found. These past 10 minutes was filled in silent.

"How are you?" Mark turn his head to look at Bambam as Bambam taking a sip on his coffee. 

Bambam nods, "I'm good, eummm you?" their eyes met. 

They're in silent once again. Looking at each other's eyes in silent. 

"They are not coming after you anymore?" Mark pulls himself together to cover up the silent. Bambam nods.

"How are you?" Bambam said, "Why I don't see you around? You and I didn't expelled from university, so why are you nowhere to be found?" 

"I went back to the States for a while,"

"And you are here to what?"

"To continue my study after this summer break is over,"

Bambam smiled. He even doesn't know why. They're not a friend for each other. Yes, Mark helped, but he never spoke to Bambam. This is the first time. 

"Eum... That time...," Bambam bite his lip as he isn't sure to tell this or not, "You were punched, eummm why was that happened?" 

Mark look away, shrugs. 

Bambam sighs, "Okay then," he looked away, "How was the other hyung?" 

"Heard nothing about them anymore," Mark then stands up, "I gotta go now," he mess Bambam's hair, "See you," 

***

 "Hyung, let's buy some ice cream it's so hot," I pout as I whine to Mark hyung. Since that day we met again, we constantly meeting each other. This is the third this week. We are walking around Hongdae to enjoy our summer vacation. 

He wrap his arm around my shoulder, "Arasseo, let's buy you an ice cream," then we both heading to the nearest ice cream stall. He bought 1 banana flavored for me and 1 mango flavored for himself. 

"Mango flavor is good, right?" I asked him as we continuing our walk. 

He nods as he is eating his ice cream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter