30- The Boy Who Guard the Dreams (2/2)

The Love We Live (Jicheol oneshots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

second part

Title: The Boy Who Guard the Dreams (2/2)

Description: Seungcheol is a naughty boy who met with a beautiful Jihoon

Theme: Cute, dreams, fantasy, fairytale, comic references

 

The next day Seungcheol walk around Mingyu's cousin's neighbourhood. He want to search for Jihoon because he want to know how the boy really are in the real life. He stop right in front of Mingyu's cousin's house and coincidently Mingyu just walk out from it.

"You are still here?" Asked Seungcheol forgetting that Mingyu was not supposed to know what Seungcheol had known what he do in his dream.

"Err yeah? How did you know I'm here?" Asked Mingyu and Seungcheol curse mentally at his careless.

"Seungkwan had told me." Glad that Seungkwan is the boy's best friend so he just need to tell everything to Seungkwan later and asked for his help.

"Oh, okay. But what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for someone name Jihoon. He is from here right?" Mingyu's cousin, Hansol who stand beside Mingyu frown hearing the name.

"Did you mean Lee Jihoon?" Asked Hansol for confirmation. Seungcheol don't know the boy's full name, but maybe it’s true so he nod.

"What do you want with him?" It's clearly something uncomfortable running inside Hansol's brain because his tone are not exactly warm like the last time they met.

"There's something I want to ask him."

"It's quite impossible." Said Hansol and this time Seungcheol is the one who frown.

"What did you mean by that?" Hansol sigh before answering well not really answering but;

"Look, I'll take you to Jihoon okay. I'm going to go that place anyway." Hansol leading him to the bus stop before Mingyu can ask why did he need to bring Seungcheol together at the place they are about to go? And who is this Lee Jihoon? He supposed to know every kids here because he always come to his cousin's house since his brother busy with college since last year. Seungcheol just follow the boys without questioning. Not until they stop in front of the hospital.

Hospital? Why are they doing here? Is someone sick? Oh my god, is Jihoon sick? The question kept on flooding in his mind and making him nervous all over. Hansol notice the nervous displaying on the elder's face but ignore him for now.

"Mingyu, go and see grandpa first. I'll bring Seungcheol to Jihoon." Hansol's voice full of seriousness that Mingyu doesn't dare to ask more. He nodded than walk to their grandpa's room. He already come here yesterday so he know where to go.

"Come." Said Hansol when he see Seungcheol hesitate to follow him. Seungcheol nod and let the boy lead him again. Then, they stop in front of special ward. A ward for vip. This Jihoon must be damn rich to get into this room. The hospital is already for a reach people like Mingyu's but to get into vip list room, Seungcheol can't imagine how rich this boy family are.

Hansol knock on the ward and wait until he hear someone tell him to come in. It's a woman voice and sound mature so Seungcheol include it's Jihoon's mother. True with what he thought because the door open to reveal a tired looking face woman that Seungcheol can see had a similar trace of face as Jihoon.

"Oh Hansol, you come again today." The woman welcome him warmly.

"Aunt Dasom, how Jihoon today?" Asked Hansol. The woman give a sad smile and turn to the side of the room.

"Just like usual, it’s calming today." Answer Dasom. Seungcheol turn to where she look and his heart almost break to see Jihoon lying lifeless in the bed with wires all around his body.

"Who is this?" Asked Dasom and gesture to Seungcheol. Seungcheol bow at Jihoon's mom and introduce himself.

"I'm Seungcheol, Jihoon's friend." Said him.

"Jihoon's friend? I've never seeing you before." Dasom look confuse.

"It's a long story but I've been his friends before and it’s been a long time since I met him. That's why I try to search him. But if it not rude to ask, how long has his been like this?" Seungcheol don't have a gut to use a coma word. He can see Dasom sigh before look at him.

"It's being 2 years. He had being like this since spring 2 years ago." Answer Dasom. Clearly Seungcheol shock at the information. Now he know why the 15 years old boys still act like a kid. He is basically a kid. 13 year old kid more like a baby. Then, he notice something missing.

"Where is Hoshi?" Asked Seungcheol when he remember that talking teddy bear. He can't find the teddy bear anywhere.

"You must be close to Jihoon if you know about Hoshi." Said Dasom while smiling.

"We send Hoshi to dobi because it’s being a long time since we wash him. We don't want even a small piece of dust to get inside Jihoon's lung." And Seungheol nod his head.

"I'm sorry once again to ask this, but what happen? And will he wake up?" Dasom twitch a bit but still give them a smile, a sad one. He told Seungcheol and Hansol to sit at the couch first before start to tell the story.

"As you know, Jihoon like to sing. But we didn't permit him because we want him to study properly. We've never know that he sneak away to study singing secretly. Then one day, it's spring and his class has a showcase and things like that. Jihoon had ask us to come but we get angry because he get into the class without our permission and I've ripped the tickets for invitation. I was not in my mind that time and I can see he is so sad. But before I can apologize, he had run from the house and a car accidently run into him. He is in coma since then. The doctor said, even though all the wound already heal, Jihoon won't wake up. And sometime, he always get into shock and his heart beeping loudly. No matter what we try he won't wake up." Dasom tell the story but there's no tears in her eyes. She already tired of crying. She only want their baby to wake up.

"Doctor said it's because of his mental emotion. There's something that stop him from waking up." Cut Hansol. He know all about what happen to Jihoon. He is the one who encouraged Jihoon to invite his parents to the show, if he didn't try to become Mr-know-it-all, these things won’t happen at all. He regret it every time he remember about his friend who lying down on the sick bed.

"It's must be because of disappointment towards us. If we just go to the show without complaint or if I didn't tear the tickets, he wouldn't have run away from home." The sigh become longer now and Seungcheol felt sympathy. He get close to Jihoon and ask permission from Dasom to touch Jihoon. When he get the permission he cares Jihoon's soft hand and hold it.

"Jihoon, its S.Coups. I had promise to come to you. You said you want to meet me. Open your eyes boy." Seungcheol try to use the method. He had ready before that we need to always talk with someone who is in Jihoon's position because they still can hear them. He hope Jihoon can recognized his voice.

"Hey kid, wake up. I'll call you kid because you are a kid. Wake up, I'm already miss you and of course Hoshi. Don't tell him about what I just said. They said they send Hoshi to the dobi, so he will come accompany you later. Me too." Of course he only whisper. It would being damn trouble to explain every single thing he said. There's no response as what he thought. He about to stand up and talk with Dasom again when he feel a grab him.

"Scoups..." Jihoon's voice sound croak cause of long time since he use his voice but he still didn't open his eyes. Dasom and Hansol jump from their sit with eyes and jaw wide open. It's a miracle, the Lee couple had done everything every therapy but nothing works and Seungcheol just need to talk

Please log in to read the full chapter