29- The Boy Who Guard the Dreams (1/2)

The Love We Live (Jicheol oneshots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you like comics, you will realize a similar scene in the comics^^

Oh and it's Doraemon :)

Title: The Boy Who Guard the Dreams (1/2)

Description: Seungcheol is a naughty boy who met with a beautiful Jihoon

Theme: Cute, dreams, fantasy, fairytale, comic references

"I'm bored... Jeonghan-ah, let's play again..." whine Seungcheol. He hate it when he is on duty. Why did it need to be this week? He need to see his favourite TV show that he never miss, well except when it’s his turn to observe dreams.

"Cheol, you know we can't. You're going to get punish again if you run away. Wonwoo hyung won't like it if there are another people who die because you play games like last time." Warned Jeonghan. Seungcheol pout at that and hate of himself being a human's dreams guardian.

Dreams guardian are normal human but there's a unique thing about them. Every one of the guardian will need to observe every dreams that people in their station area to make sure nothing chaos happen. Yes it’s a dream, but if people in a dream get kill by dream's reaper, they will either coma or dead in real life. Their job is to stop the evil reaper and save the humans.

The guardian have their own schedule. Usually they need to work for 1 week everymonths. It's pretty fun to be a guardian because you can see people's dream even though from far but if the people kept on dreaming a same dream or typical similar dreams, it's get boring too. And the thought of need to fight the dream's reaper make guardian like Seungcheol hate the jobs.

In real life he still just some teenager that like to play games and watch some action drama or things like that. So when his turn to work, he will grumble endlessly. He had try to overcome his boredness with games and unfortunately for his stupid luck, one of the human who under his observation die because dream's reaper had kill him in his dream and push him out of the dream. Seungcheol being punished by being hang in the air in the dungeon and being starve for 2 days.

His other friends were so worried that they camp outside of the dungeon just to take the weak body back home. Seungkwan and LeeChan who had weak heart cry their hearts out at their friend's state. After that punishment, they try their best to kept Seungcheol on his track when he is on duty. But being a stupid careless boy, Seungcheol never learn his lesson. He sometime enter people's dream without permission and walk around the dreams. When their leader found out, he once again being punished. But because there's no death, he just being grounded in the dungeon without anything. Bed, shower, games, TV, light, nothing except for foods, water for drinks, and toilet. Other than that, he can't do anything in the dark for a week. But still that don't stop him.

He still do everything and his friends try hard enough to cover him from getting caught. Jeonghan really almost kill him when he gets out from the second punishment if Jisoo didn't stop the pretty boy. Jeonghan warned him again that someday he would get killed if he being careless while roaming around the dreams and get killed by the dream's reaper. Seungcheol just nodded carelessly and Jeonghan did kick him in the ball and make him unconscious for 2 hours.

But if it never stop Seungcheol before, so does with this. When Jeonghan avert his eyes from Seungcheol and leave for his station, Seungcheol smirk evilly when an idea pop in his head. He look around to see if either of his friends try to check on him are nearby. When he can't find anyone, he jump in the dream that just in front of him.

For first dream, he need to cover his nose because the smell of blood is so strong in here. He look around and scrunch his face because damn, he is in a butcher shop. He squeak when the butcher slam the axe right onto the cow's head and the head drop down from the table. Seungcheol almost vomit at the sight and quickly jump out of the dream, running into the second dream.

The second dream look more calming. He is at a big lake with nothing but water. He glad that they can float around when they are in humans' dreams. He fly around and see a couple cuddling on the boat while the guys singing for his girlfriend. Cheesy, that what run across Seungcheol's mind.

He ignore the couple and run his hand on the water, cross it with his finger and smile slightly at the sight of fish running from his present. The air in here are pretty calming comparing the smell of blood. He can get used to this dream if he don't need to fly 24 hours. Why didn't this guy dream a lake with a side to sit? There's really nothing but water. If it not because of the colour, he will said this scene are above the ocean. When get bored already, he fly to the sky and reaching for the exits hole. Then, he jump for the 3rd dream.

The 3rd one too almost make him scream, well he did scream, loudly. In front of him is a big creature floating in front and about to bite him. It's a Dracula. Damn, this must be a nightmare. Who the is dreaming Dracula this day? And he can see a girl that running away from the Dracula that then caught her and bite her neck. Seungcheol had already smell the Dracula and it’s not a dreams' reaper, so he ignore the scream and jump out again. There's nothing he can do there. He cannot interfere any dream if it not cause by dreams' reaper.

In the 4th dream, he get into a familiar room. He look around and it is his normal human friend's room. It's Mingyu's room and he beam excitedly because it's not easy to find dream of people he know. He usually being send to a far place for his duty. Mingyu must have slept in his cousin's house again for him to be able to get inside his dream. He wait by the computer table to see what will happen in the dream.

And he curse inside his mind with his decision because a minute after a loud thud can be hear on the door and a two tall man stumble inside the room. Those two are fighting well more to kissing and fighting for dominance and when he look closely, it's Mingyu and Wonwoo. Seungcheol want to laugh out loud seeing that Mingyu dreaming of their group's leader like that. He sure going to tell what he said toward Jeonghan and of course not with Wonwoo's knowledge. Wonwoo might be his friend, but the elder is his group's leader and his duty is to report all his subordinate's job or trouble to the guardian's leader.

When he hear moans, he turn to look at both of his friends and shudder at the scene. He regret to seeing it because now the both are with Mingyu's finger already deep inside Wonwoo's hole. He take a note in his mind to never get into Mingyu's dream again if there is Wonwoo. Oh, and to kill Mingyu after this. Then he jump from the dream to another.

The 5th dream is rather a calm one. A beautiful garden fill with flowers. The air are clean too and he get so calm here. Seungcheol lie on the flowers and slept quickly catch him. If not because he realize that this is human's dream, he would have taken a slept rather than a short nap. It's so calming that he don't want to wake up. So there he is, just lying down ignoring the possibility that Jeonghan already know he is gone from his station.

After a while of relaxing himself, he can hear a voice singing near him. The voice is very beautiful that make him fly in his mind. It's so calming yet there's a hint of sadness in it. He get up and trying to search the voice that being brought by the wind. He notice that the voice come from behind tall standing sunflowers. He walk across the giant flowers to get to the voice. The whole walk make him feel like Alice in wonderland walking through giant stem of flowers. It wouldn't shock him if the voice coming from the flowers by based on the story. Maybe the human dreams about them being Alice in the story, who know right?

He walk, and walk until he see a bright light in front of him. There he see none of the giant flowers but it surround by morning glory and some flowers that he don't know what their names. But it surely smell nice and he can't help to take a deep breath to smell it. He open his eyes again and notice a small body with his back toward Seungcheol playing with flowers.

Seungcheol try to take a look for the human's face but don't want to scare him with his sudden appearance. He walk slowly beside the human and stare at the face.

'Oh a boy' that's what he mumble. A cute boy at that. The voice that he try to search coming from him. Being this close make him hear it clearly that the voice did calming him. The boy finish with whatever he did with the flowers

Please log in to read the full chapter