07. Chocolate chip cookies

Teacher Oh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hiiiiiii !

Told ya that I will update again <3

Thank you for my 258 readers and lovely 24 votes. I love you :*

*Throwing cookies*

 

Enjoy !

(Chocalate chip cookies can give you a bitter taste first but it is extremely sweet with each bite goes by)

Word count 4800~

 

Sehun sneaks a glance at his mobile phone while listening to his co-worker Jungwoo about the concert agenda. He doesn’t know why but Lu Han’s phone isn’t working. There’s no reply to his morning greeting and his phone cannot be connected. Brushing off the worried feeling to the back of his mind, Sehun follows Jungwoo, smiling to the bumbling children.

Sehun makes sure that the refreshments will be arrived at time and pockets his phone in the pant pocket. He is about to walk into the classroom next door when a small child latches into his legs. He looks down with a bright smile as he knows the familiar boy with a tuft of black hair.

“Baby Ziyu good morning!”

He chirps, leveling down to child’s height but Sehun freezes when he sees Ziyu bringing fists to his eyes, sobbing. Sehun gathers the toddler into his chest and carries up, supporting his on Sehun’s arm. He looks around to spot the young father who usually tails the child. But he doesn’t.

“What happened sweetie? Why are you crying?”

Sehun asks baby’s hair as Ziyu presses his cheek to Sehun’s crook between neck and shoulder, tears wetting his shirt. He kisses Ziyu’s head.

“Where is your daddy baby?”

He looks around but his heart breaks when Ziyu starts to wail in his arms, tears springing nonstop. Sehun has no idea why the toddler is crying his eyes out, drawing attention from a few curious classmates of Ziyu and parents. He shushes the baby and bounces him on his arms, kissing his head, rubbing circles on his smaller back. Baby snuggles to Sehun’s chest more as Sehun murmurs consoling words, pacifying the child into hiccups. Sehun is bewildered but soon it dawns to him what must have happened possibly when he spots Kyungsoo, Lu Han’s secretary and friend whom he has met twice before.

Kyungsoo smiles at Sehun apologetically and watches how Sehun pacifies the distressed child, feeling a little relieved.  He checks the wrist watch and it reads 8.46. Kyungsoo is more worried about the CEO than the child knowing well that the young father must be depressed with the situation of leaving the child and also the stress of being in a two hour flight. He did call and said he was fine but Kyungsoo is one of the closest to Lu Han as a friend enough to realize how shaky his voice was. Kyungsoo was glad Ziyu was asleep the moment the father phoned him because Ziyu didn’t stop crying the moment he woke up.

Sehun kisses Ziyu’s head a couple of times as he carries the child to the infirmary, gesturing Kyungsoo to follow him. In Sehun’s arms, distressed Ziyu soon fell asleep. He gently puts the child to the bed and covers him. He closes the door behind and faces Kyungsoo outside who sighs again deeply.

 

 

To say Sehun is disappointed of Lu Han is the understatement of the year. Kyungsoo briefly explained that Lu Han had to leave for an emergency business meeting and Sehun really didn’t have time to ask him to elaborate. He just gave the man a curt nod and waved him off, as he had a lot to do. With Kyungsoo watching the sleeping child, Sehun left to start the work of the day.

He doesn’t understand why Lu Han didn’t inform him. They are supposed to be depending on each other since they are in a relationship. It’s not like that Sehun cowered behind in front of responsibilities of a child, hell he was the person who looked after Ziyu most of the time for the past few months. They are supposed to communicate and be honest but Lu Han just left like that, for an emergency business meeting to Beijing. His little secretary wasn’t a much of a talker to give out the details. Sehun scoffs. It’s not like Sehun is a competitor in business world to fight with Lu Han, he is his lover and they were planning their lives together for some time now.

Sehun unknowingly frowns, brooding over the fact why would Lu Han do such a thing. Didn’t he trust him enough? Sehun shakes his head dejectedly. Sehun knows that Lu Han isn’t running after money and he is facing a difficult time in business. Sehun understands that Lu Han may not have a choice other than leaving to that damn business meeting but why didn’t he tell him a thing?

He feels frustrated. Sehun deeply sighs and straightens his posture, checking his wrist watch. They are about to start the concert and he pushes all the thoughts of Lu Han to back of his mind as a parent calls him.

 

 

Sehun gently wipes off tears of the baby with a tissue as Ziyu looks at him with his big doe eyes. Ziyu doesn’t want to sing, he said and he is sitting on the bed of the infirmary crying endlessly. For the time being, Sehun pushed Ziyu’s recital to the 25th position, the final event of the agenda. But the toddler refuses to sing. He isn’t being stubborn, Sehun understands, the baby is just sad and heart broken. Sehun places gentle kisses on his wet cheeks and wipes his tears.

“Listen baby Ziyu. Daddy wouldn’t go if he didn’t have to. It was important and he had to go.”

Ziyu’s lower lip trembles as more tears spring out of his eyes but he doesn’t say anything. Sehun continues to caress smaller’s head.

“In life, we have to do certain things baby. It’s not your daddy wanted to go. He wanted to stay but he had to go. He loves you a lot. He really didn’t want to go.”

Sehun sits beside the child and pulls him to his lap. Ziyu snuggles to Sehun’s chest and hiccups silently.

“Now if you don’t sing, that’s okay. Daddy will understand. But if you sing, daddy will be happier because even daddy is not here, little Ziyu sings daddy’s favorite song. And now Dad is here. So Dad will be happy to see my baby Ziyu singing too.”

Sehun says to the toddler who wipes his eyes. He sniffles a little. Sehun kisses baby’s head and rocks the child back and forth. Ziyu falls into silence and Sehun lets the boy be, rubbing his smaller back comfortingly, kissing his hair as time goes by.

“Baby, why don’t you sit here? Dad will bring you some milk okay?”

Sehun gently places the child back on the bed and turns to leave. He halts feeling small hands tugging his shirt. He slowly turns eyes falling on the toddler whose hand slides back to his lap. Ziyu chins up, tears dried on his cheeks but unshed tears shining in his eyes.

“Okay. Ziyu will sing. For Dad and…daddy”

He mumbles. Sehun smiles hugging the baby to his chest. He pulls apart and kisses Ziyu’s forehead.

“Thank you baby. Dad loves you.”

Sehun says effortlessly as if he raised Ziyu since birth. Ziyu’s quivering lips break into a toothy smile hearing Sehun’s hearty words. He wipes his eyes with fists and hops off from the bed.

“I love dad too.”

Sehun feels warmth spreading in his entire being when Ziyu smiles with those words.

 

 

Ziyu is all set to go, smiling and clinging to Sehun’s hand. They walk off to the back stage because the next event as well as the final event will be Ziyu’s. Kyungsoo is impressed of how the teacher handled the toddler. He thinks that Sehun will be the perfect partner for his best friend. Kyungsoo takes his phone out wanting to video the recital for his CEO best friend, settling himself in a corner chair where he can capture the entire stage to his phone. He watches the dance Ziyu’s classmate whom he called Yixing perform.

When Yixing bows and leaves, the crowd falls to a mild chitter-chatter after applaud died down. Kyungsoo impatiently wait for Ziyu to come out. Sehun soon appears out of the back stage and settles himself beside Kyungsoo, fishing out his phone.

As Ziyu’s name is being announced with a loud cheery applaud, the child walks into the middle of the stage, smiling brightly. He looks around the crowd smiling and upon spotting Kyungsoo and Sehun, his lips stretch wider. Some mothers coo at the cuteness of baby Ziyu as he shyly look at the crowd.

“Good evening everyone. My name is Ziyu and I am here to sing a song. It’s called ‘Fireflies fly’.”

He smiles again and looks at his dad. Sehun smiles and thumbs up. Ziyu nods.

As soft music of a guitar and piano spread out, the crowd falls into the silence. Sehun gently smiles at his baby Ziyu. Suddenly Ziyu’s doe eyes go wide with his whisper “Daddy”. Sehun stands up and turns towards the back to see a flushed young man panting but smiling widely nevertheless. Ziyu grins brightly as music cuts into the beginning.  Ziyu’s baby voice melodically breaches the silence. Young father holds his breath, his eyes b with tears.

Dark skies hang low

Stars shine above

Fireflies flying in the air

Who are you thinking of?

Fireflies are flying, flowers are sleeping

Everything is beautiful in Paris

Not afraid of the dark

Only afraid of heartbreak

No matter how weary I am

No matter where you are…..

 

Ending, the song Ziyu bows and jumps off the stage with a “daddy!” running towards Lu Han who is clapping with a lovely smile. He carries Ziyu up and kisses his head.

“Daddy you came!”

Baby curls in his arms and whispers, happily. Lu Han nods his head and tweaks his nose.

“Yes baby I did.”

He hugs the baby tightly.

“Han?”

Sehun reaches him with astonishment in his eyes, a smile painting his lips. He hugs the father and child in his arms, forgetting that the crowd is watching with their curious eyes. He doesn’t care anymore. He kisses Lu Han’s crown as the young father leans into Sehun’s chest, sighing in relief. He closes his eyes and inhales Sehun’s scent,

A scent of Sea breeze, rainy night and a pinch of rose fragrance.

 

 

Excusing to leave early from the parents, children and his co-workers who gave him mischievous looks and hearty congratulations, Sehun jogs to the car where his baby and his lover are. After shrugging the initial shock of seeing Lu Han back in his arms, who was supposed to be in Beijing, he realized that his lover was unusually hot with his skin burning. Lu Han smiled and brushed it off like it’s nothing but Sehun couldn’t ignore. When Kyungsoo started lightly scolding Lu Han for returning that fast, exposing himself to two flights, four hours in the air, risking his own health, Sehun worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter