03. ..............?

Teacher Oh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys !

Thank you for keeping up with me and sorry for not updating. Yes yes my exams are done but Life happens. So anyway here is the next chap. It's shorter than the last one Haha.

Thank you for my gorgeous 130eaders and 14 lovely votes. That's nice.

Okay enjoy reading.

Word count ~4000

 

 

Lu Han smiles as he sweeps his index finger over the screen of his phone, eyes lovingly fixing on Ziyu’s toothy grin. Though Lu Han went to hell and back just make that Friday free, it was all worth it, at the end of the day. Ziyu was so happy that his father joined him for the little trip. With his busy schedules Lu Han hardly has his weekends off and Ziyu spends more time with his baby sitter Minseok and Yura noona more than he does with his own father. Not that Lu Han knows how unhappy the child is whenever Lu Han has to leave for an emergency meeting or some business related work. But he doesn’t have a choice either knowing fully well that hundreds of families are living because of his leadership.

Lu Han sighs, leaning on his chair, eyes fixing on the LCD monitor in front of him. His phone vibrates with a text but he thinks he will check it later. Right now He has work to do.

 

 

Sehun sits near Ziyu and pats his head. Ziyu scraps the ground from the cleat of his shoe, pouting.

“Might be the traffic.”

He softly says, rubbing circles on Ziyu’s smaller back. Ziyu looks up at him and blinks his wet eyes.

“Why only daddy stuck with traffic? Other uncles and aunties are never late.”

He mumbles bringing a fist to wipe his eyes. Sehun hugs Ziyu’s side.

“Hey it’s okay baby. Your daddy works far from here.”

Sehun kisses Ziyu’s head. Then he takes smaller’s tiny hand.

“Now do you want to play with me until your daddy come?”

Ziyu looks at him expectantly and nods, a pout still sitting on his lips. Sehun smiles, pulling the child to his feet.

 

 

Lu Han curses himself as he turns the steering wheel, while honking the car in front of him. He is late, like Oh-my-God-I-am-the-worst-father-late. He is the worst father of the world history. He was so focused on his work that he forgot to check his phone which meant he missed checking the text message Minseok sent him that she couldn’t pick Ziyu today.

And now it’s been two hours since the kindergarten is finished for the day. He dials Sehun but Sehun doesn’t pick up the phone. Lu Han feels like hitting his head on a wall and crying at the same time.

What might have happened? Where could Ziyu be? And why isn’t Sehun answering the damn phone?

Lu Han hits the steering wheel and bites his lower lip to stop tears filling his eyes.

What if Ziyu is lost somewhere, crying his small heart out? What if Ziyu is hungry and thirsty? What if- what if Ziyu ran into a car ? Or what about those filthy people who are waiting for a child unattended for their terrible horrible reason?

“Stop!”

He yells to himself when his brain springs with worse scenarios possible. Lu Han can feel his heart beats in gums when he pulls over in front of the kindergarten. He sprints out of the car, not bothering to turn the engine off or to close the door even.

Lu Han runs to the classroom D.

The door is closed.

Lu Han pushes the door open and finds the classroom empty. No sign of a child.

Blood drains out of his face as he frantically run to the small garden of the nursery. The whole place is empty without a trace a human, let alone Ziyu. Lu Han can feel his heart running mile a minute. He cries out Ziyu’s name, trying to control his shaking voice.

Calm down Lu Han. Ziyu should be somewhere around here.

He mumbles to himself and a deep breath in.

He drags himself to where the playground is supposed to be.

 

 

“Captain Ziyu! Are you sure this is where the treasure is buried?”

Sehun kneels on the sand and looks at Ziyu who has his hands on hips with a paper resting on his grip.

“Are you ques-quest-question-questioning my orders? Look here the map! There is a big big black cross here. What are you waiting for ? Dig you peasant!”

Ziyu shouts with scariest face he can pull out waving the paper in his hand that has a doodle on it with a cross. Sehun bites back his laughter because Ziyu’s scary face is not really scaring anyone, not even an ant.

“Aye Aye captain Ziyu!”

Saluting the captain, Sehun starts digging the sand with the small plastic shovel. Ziyu commands him to dig faster and faster, brandishing a piece of wood.

“Captain look! We found the treasure box!”

Sehun shouts out joyfully grabbing a green colored plastic box out of the pile of sand. Ziyu crouches down with his doe eyes twinkling.

“What is in there?”

“Let’s find out!”

Sehun opens the box, with much enthusiasm that Ziyu thinks that diamonds are waiting inside the box. But when it is opened, nothing’s there and Ziyu’s face falls as he sits on his .

“There’s nothing.”

He mutters, throwing the wooden piece away. Sehun smiles at the child with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“There is, your majesty, there is something.”

“There is?”

“Yes there is, it is called bubble of Joy”

“Bubble joy? Then why can’t I see it?”

“You will, close your eyes.”

Ziyu closes his eyes, spreading his palms wide. Sehun wiggles his fingers before attacking Ziyu, tickling his tummy and sides. Ziyu falls onto his back, squirming on the sand to block Sehun’s hands.

Ziyu erupts into a breathless laughter, trying to escape from Sehun’s evil fingers. He laughs and laughs with tears wetting his cheeks and Sehun too joins the laughter while tickling. Ziyu pleads for stops and finally Sehun let the boy go as he sprawls on the sand next to giggling Ziyu.

Ziyu breathes calmly after a while. He crawls to Sehun and props his chin on his teacher’s tummy. Sehun caresses his hair smiling.

“You have sand in your hair. Ask daddy to give you a bath.”

He says, patting Ziyu’s head while Ziyu hums.

“Teacher Oh, can we play every day like this?”

“Of course baby.”

Ziyu smiles at Sehun’s answer and rests his cheek on Sehun’s abdomen.

“Daddy doesn’t play with Ziyu anymore. He is always busy.”

He mumbles. Sehun’s heart aches at the hint of sadness in Ziyu’s baby voice. Sehun doesn’t answer but keep caressing his hair. The evening breeze is nice and sand under them feels nice. Ziyu yawns wide and Sehun thinks maybe they should go back to class. He should give Lu Han a call. Sehun puts his hand to pull out the phone but found it’s empty. Then he remembers that his phone is on the teacher’s desk in the class room. He was about to ask Ziyu to get up when they hear Ziyu’s name being called.

“Ziyu….”

Ziyu jumps up and sees his father at the entrance of the playground, eyes wandering all over the place.

“Over here daddy.”

He calls as he brushes off sand from his shorts and T-shirt. Sehun, too, stands up and holds walks away from the sand box to get Ziyu’s small back pack resting on a bench.

Lu Han comes running to Ziyu and kneels, gathering Ziyu to his arms.

“I am so so sorry baby. Daddy is so sorry daddy got late.”

Lu Han kisses his cheeks and forehead, tears glistening in his eyes. Ziyu gives him a small smile as he pats Lu Han’s chin. He points at Sehun who comes near them with Ziyu’s bag.

“It’s okay daddy, teacher Oh and I found treasure. Bubble joy.”

Ziyu yawns to Lu Han’s shoulder, wrapping his chubby arms around young father’s neck.  Lu Han stands up carrying him in his arms though he has no idea what Sehun and his son found. But he doesn’t care, as long as his baby is safe with him, in his arms. Lu Han smiles in gratitude as he takes from the teacher’s hand.

“Thank you.”

He says bowing his head. Sehun smiles warmly.

“It’s okay. It’s my job to look after them.”

He says, as he leads Lu Han out of the playground.

“I phoned you so many times to inform that I am on my way.”

Lu Han looks at Sehun as he pats Ziyu’s bottom. Ziyu whines in his sleep.

“Sorry, I left my phone on the desk. Didn’t feel time passing.”

Sehun smiles, reminiscing their joyful treasure hunting. He feels like he should talk to Lu Han about Ziyu, especially how he sees Ziyu being little sad about Lu Han being busy. But he decides against it last second. Lu Han feels like Sehun wants to say something else too but he is hesitating. Lu Han waits. Sehun shakes his head and smiles.

“Go home. Give him a bath; we played on sand a lot. See ya around.”

“You too. Thank you Sehun.”

Lu Han offers him a sincere smile, doe eyes warmly sparkling. Sehun feels his heart missing a beat, hearing how his name rolls on young father’s tongue. Watching them leave, Sehun rubs his chest.

“I must be crazy.”

He ruffles his hair and walks to the class room.

Sehun checks his phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter