Rooftop

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***I HAVE NOT PROOFREAD THIS CHAPTER, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ERRORS***

 

INT – MBC Music Building, The Playlist Office – 10:00AM, Monday

 

Taeyong and Jaehyun’s last episode is fast approaching, and the Playlist crew wants to make it special for their beloved emcee duo.

The writers prepared fancy snacks – donuts and coffee, for this particular meeting. For their beloved hosts will join in as well.

Being his playful self and much to Seulgi’s annoyance, Mingyu grabbed Seulgi in a backhug, seemingly trying to make her piggyback him. Seungcheol rolls his eyes, not having any of the two’s childish games.

“We have guests coming you guys, act like adults for once.”

Seulgi shoved Mingyu off of her, fueling his mischievous side more. Making him lock her tiny head in a headlock. She tried to hug him tight, so tight he screamed out loud.

Which shocked Taeyong and Jaehyun who just arrived and was watching them from the door.

Armed with his rolled up paper, Seungcheol hits both their head. Punishing them for being embarrassing. “YAH!!!”

“SORRY!” They both apologized to the irritated FD. Then hits one another’s head in secret as Seungcheol turned his back from them.

Taeyong watched Seulgi snicker and laugh in the arms of Mingyu. A bit envious, and low key jealous how free she was being with her friends.

She caught a look at him, and paused. Both realizing that now, it’s different.

 

 

INT – MBC Music Building, Rooftop – 04:00PM, Monday

 

 

“I knew it. You’re here.”

Mingyu rests a cold can of beer on Seulgi’s forehead, as she was laying on one of the hidden benches at the rooftop.

Grabbing the cold drink, and finally opening her eyes. “Why? Is everyone looking for me?”, she asked.

“Nah.”, he said, as he opened the can of Pringles for her to get excited over.

He watched her as she happily takes a piece, and took a bite.

“So…”, he said. “How are you?”

“Are you really asking me that now?”, she said as she rests her head on his shoulder.

“I don’t know. You always seem to act fine, even if things are not fine.” He then grabs her hand, and guides it to her chest. “Especially here.”

“Mingyu…”

“He was watching you consistently a while ago, you know.”

“What am I supposed to do then?”

The two watch the skyline turn to orange in silence. Taking it all in.

“What is life without a little risk?”, he said.

“Don’t you quote Harry Potter on me.”

Mingyu laughed and rests his hand on the top of her head. “You know, even though you’ve done it once, doesn’t mean it will turn out like the way it did again. You were young, and reckless back then. And now you’re older. Wiser? And I do believe that it is proper that you choose what will make you happy, rather what will make you more and more miserable in the inside. Don’t you think?”

“What do you want me to do then?”, she asked.

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

She formed a thin line with her lips, and squished his cheeks together.

“I don’t know what I will do without you, Mingyu.”

“I know.”

 

 

 

INT – MBC Music Building, Lobby – 11:00PM, Friday

 

Coming from the convenience store, Mingyu spots Taeyong who just came in from a radio guesting. “Oh!”

Taeyong bowed at him as a greeting and smiled.

“Radio?”, Mingyu asked.

Taeyong smiled, “Radio.”

“You guys are working hard. Where are your members?”

“They’ll follow. I’m just early because I happen to be nearby.”

Mingyu nods.

Taeyong then asked carefully, “She’s doing good, isn’t she?”

“I’m sorry who?”, and then it sunk in to Mingyu who Taeyong was referring to. “Oh… her…”

Taeyong looked downed, and tried to smile.

“Oh uhm… you two haven’t talked yet?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter