Interesting

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NOTES

PD - Program Director

FD - Floor Director

VJ - Video Jockey

CHARACTERS

Kang Seulgi - PD

Lee Taeyong - Playlist Host

Jung Jaehyun - Playlist Host

Kim Mingyu - Seulgi's co-PD

Choi Sungcheol/S Coups - FD

Kim Chungha - Stylist, Taeyong's Childhood Friend

Na PD - Seulgi's Senior

Hyerin - Writer

Lami - Writer

 

  INT - MBC Music Office, Meeting Room 5 - 5:00PM, Monday   "They're not interesting enough."    "But they're all loved by the public. They have a faithful fanbase and..."    "I said, they're not interesting enough."    It's been three days, 75 cups of coffee, and still don't have an MC duo for their new show - The Playlist.    Most people believe that a person's music taste reveals a lot about his or her personality. Playlist is a show where they invite a group or musician to talk about, and perform a playlist of their choice. Resulting to a more intimate time between the artist and the audience. Think of it as the youthful edition of Yu Huicheol's Sketcbook, that doesn't really go too deep. And no korean comedians reacting to get screen time kind of bull. It's just the artist and the music they listen to, as simple as that.    The Program Director chosen to head it is Kang Seulgi - they call her the Visual Lead. With her looks and smarts, she was able to lead shows right off the bat. Making her some sort of a PD prodigy not only in the station, but the whole Korean TV industry.     "I want someone who we could change with our show. Not those trying hard trained manufactured robots.", as she grabs the collar of her co-PD, Mingyu.    The man sighs as he backs away from his partner. He's her partner in crime, never leaving her side despite her sometimes annoying Alpha-female persona. They've been like this since college. He always does the dirty work. But the results don't lie, they're a force to be reckoned with. They're work chemistry is off the charts.    Lami turns to the next potential group, where she played NCT's Life in SEOUL on the screen catching Seulgi's attention. "What about him?" Pointing at the white haired boy, raising his hands up on a moving double decker bus.      "NCT's Lee Taeyong?", asked one of their writers, Hyerin.    Seulgi nods, as she cleans her spectacles. Clicking his tongue, Mingyu seemed to be not too keen with the idea.    "I don't think he's fit.", he said. "I remember reading about him being a scammer."   Pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, Seulgi replies "Fantastic! More reason to cast him in. We need someone we could work with. Change the people's perception of him. Repackage his image and all that bullcrap!"   Everyone seemed to be not agreeing with her. Making her sigh out of frustration.    "Okay. Let's gather our picks and have them audition. Meeting over!"  

 

  INT- MBC Music Office, Studio 5 - 9:30AM, Thursday   All dressed in black, Taeyong taps his foot impatiently as he was standing outside the studio halls of MBC.    "Tell me why I'm here again?"   "You're here to prove your worth." Chungha, his stylist slash Road Manager slash childhood friend answers him back. As she was fixing his collar.    Peeking from the door, Floor Director Sungcheol calls him out, "Lee Taeyong."    Chungha inspects Taeyong's look, dusting off his shoulders. Wishing him goodluck, they did a telepathic "Fighting!!!" together, before he heads to the door.      Taeyong entered a white room with lights blocking his vision and a camera recor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter